Foot Locker Employee Reviews

Workplace Culture
Co-Op employee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 June 2018
The dynamic between fellow floor sales employees and also with the managers created a very positive atmosphere that was easy to work within. An individual can rely on the fact that his/her coworkers were well trained and knew what they were doing; but also were readily available and willing to help each other as well as their customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dufferin mall15 June 2018
Kid's Footlocker on a typical day was a great experience. I learned copping with being under pressure & dealing well in a diverse community. I also enjoyed interacting with all the customers.
Pros
A happy customer
Cons
An upset customer
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 June 2018
This job requires you to have great interpersonal skills because your on the floor making sales. Also, you must be able to handle well under pressure.
Great place to work at if you love sneaker culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2018
I'm really into sneakers so working at Footlocker was a dream come true for me. Ever since commission was removed, my co-workers and I didn't fight for sales and I could now say that we all have a close relationship. Great place to make friends and that discount is blessed too.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Drought of hours during some seasons
Working at Footlockr
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 June 2018
Woking at footlocker was alright. The workers were ok some were shady but overall the pay as goo and when i say good I mean as if your not either a full time worker or manager you hardly get any shifts at all during the slow months (march, April, may). But besides that everything was alright not perfect but alright.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not a lot of hours
Overly demanding with zero recognition
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 June 2018
There’s a very hard and heavy work load in every single store but if you manage to work up to the top spot of being a manager be prepared for everything to come down onto your head literally. The upper management is never satisfied and will not be happy with anything you produce even if you’re the top store one week and both so hot the next. It’s very much a hurry up and wait type of environment. They preach about being able to relate to their customers but most people in H/O have yet to be seen in a daily store operations anytime.
Pros
Discount, schedule flexibility.
Cons
No recognition, poor upper management, long hours, undocked pay for staying late
Innovating work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2018
It was truly a blessing to work here and grow with the company as I did! I learned a lot at a very high level! Definitely a learning experience I'll take with me everywhere I go!
Pros
Having the best team working side by side
Fun environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2018
I would definitely recommend applying, very fun positive work place. Management is always so nice and hours are flexible. Overall fun and competitive.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 May 2018
Foot Locker is a great company to help build your customer service and teamwork skills. Foot Locker gives you guidelines to succeed but ultimately the freedom to find your own selling style and techniques.
Pros
Discount on store merchandise, competitive atmosphere
Cons
Inadequate pay (personal opinion), decent management
Footlocker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2018
Great place for part-timer workers, did this after school when I was in Highschool minimum wage but worked off commission as well. Co-workers were nice and we were always busy.
Good place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON14 May 2018
Management pushed us in positive ways to achieve personal, and store quotas. Always had a good time working. The first time I sold a record high in sales it was recognized by all employees, and gave me the confidence to sell more.
Pros
Discounts Employee Discount Days
Cons
No room at my store to move up the ladder
Fun staff and products but company values are low
Co-Manager/ Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2018
My job entailed me to basically babysit a bunch of over sheltered 20 year old kids and cater to the most over privileged generation of adults I have ever seen. All this whilst kissing the ring of foolish people who have some sense of entitlement that is never earned but just.....expected.
Very fun and happy atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 May 2018
The staff is fun and energetic, always willing to teach you and provide you with the best management they can.

It was my first job and I enjoyed every moment of it! It taught me a lot about sales and serving the public, I would recommend to anyone
Pros
Discounted shoes
it was alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 May 2018
It was nothing special but wouldnt work there again. happy with the people who i had met over the time but the salary and benefits werent the greatest compare to other companies i have worked with.
Pros
discount
Cons
random
Boring after some time
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC1 May 2018
Footlocker is a great starting job, especially as a part-time employee. The culture you're exposed to is very interesting and allows you to meet a variety of people as you work, but over time it tends to become repetitive and not as interesting as it used to be, over the course of a couple of years. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a customer's day, or setting them on the right path for the shoe they're looking for. There is also no real hard part of this job, as it is just a group of somewhat simple tasks.
Pros
discounts on shoes
Good environment - not a fan of management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 April 2018
the way the stores were ran in the southern Ontario region is beyond explanation. Its with reason they're closing so many locations. Almost all of us were screwed out of any compensation.
Summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2018
A typical day at work would be selling shoes for 5 hours or more. You learn how to interact with customers. Management is mediocre. Workplace culture is fun yet strict. Hardest part of working may be working through slow hours. The most enjoyable part are the people you work with.
Great co-workers
fulltime employee (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2018
Overall I didnt mind the job for a while however after taking on a full time position I started hating being here. Currently looking for a new job that pays better ASAP.
Pros
Great co-workers and environment
Cons
terrible pay for the required work, unpaid lunches, no coffee breaks.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 April 2018
From the first day I started it was nothing but open arms. Everyone was friendly and willing to help out. It was an amazing "team work" vibe they had.
Productive Retail Store
Full time, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB15 April 2018
I enjoy working there, but the retail industry isn't where I want to be. A typical workday involves working with customers and other staff of the workplace and mall
Benefits
Cons
Retail Wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K