Foot Locker
Happiness score is 75 out of 100

Foot Locker Employee Reviews

Found 494 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,632 reviews

Sales Associate

Good part-time job. Full-time employees and management are not paid enough for the amount of work they have to put in. If you have a good manager and co-workers it can be a fun job. There is weekly sale targets, however with the removal of commission there's really no incentive to hit them. 30% discount year round, with 50% a few select times throughout the year. If you aren't willing to dedicate your life to the company they really don't care about you and good luck getting any sort of raise. Profits over people.

Pros

Discount

Cons

No commision, low hourly wage

Garbage

The manager is very childish and not professional, they need to hire a new one immediately. They also don’t have lots of hours to give out during this time.

Pros

Deals

Fun place to be.

I really enjoyed working at footlocker honestly it was the best job I have had. It’s like a family working there. I seen great opportunities working at footlocker. The people are kind, everyone is helpful. The best part for me was making the customers happy.

Pros

Good discounts

Cons

Long hours.

Tres bon travail

J ai adoré travailler l équipe était formidable les gérants et assistant très respectueux et ouvert au demande

Great Staff/Out of Touch Upper MGMT

The people you work with throughout your time with this company are amazing. That is what you come to work for every day.Upper management and those in Head Office are out of touch, out of sight, and you are out of their minds. Until they need to criticize you or blame you for something. Something that with better training, and more support from them, could've been avoided.I could go on and on but just know, if you choose to work here at any level, you will not be compensated close to what you deserve and as soon as you stop bending over backwards for minimum wages and minimum praises, they will find a way to see you out the door.Foot Locker:People in store: 5/5Upper management: 2/5Discount: 3/5 (You are no longer guaranteed access to new releases)Wage & hours (unless you are a manager) 1/5

Pros

Discount

Cons

Upper Management

Unethical sales and business practices

As a former store manager of 2 years, I can say that district managers and higher push you to achieve sales goals BUT unrealistic sales targets for high margin accessories such as shoe care and insoles and unrealistic staff hours to run the store and perform seasonal changes. The overwhelming majority of managers and full time sellers use unethical sales techniques to get those sales, and upper management just looks they other....till you get caught then your fired. And don’t forget the favouritism. Luckily I saw the writing on the wall and quit on my terms.Also staff turnover is continuous and never ending. But also many store managers “shave on payroll” to meet their sales-per-hour targets. Internal theft is very bad at Foot Locker too.It’s a good job in the short term to learn about management and running a business, But NOT a career. The average duration of store managers is about 2 years.

Pros

Learn about management, manage a real business, staff discount, exciting place to work

Cons

Long hours Unethical unrealistic

Easy going, great culture

Relatively easy job, besides around Christmas time and back to school. Personally I think we should be paid a little more but that's retail for you. Lots of opportunities to move up if you wish to do that. Management listens to your concerns and are truly a phone call away if you need them. If you're a Sneakerhead this is no doubt the job for you.

Pros

Discount, hours, relaxed

Cons

Pay, hours are slim if you're a part timer

Toxic, racist bosses make for a terrible working environment.

District managers are terrible, and that only means that the store managers are just as bad or worse ( obviously not every single one). The pay is laughable, and the expectations are just as outrageous ( for anyone above part-time). They asked me to work off the clock and pay me another week because they need to manage hours. They had me come back and work in the night after regular shift the same day. Managers rig raffles (if not them then it’s the assistant manager). Would only recommend if you’re a part-time student, not as much pressure and expectations.

Pros

30%-50% discount. So you buy all there cool stuff.

Cons

Working at footlocker.

Amazing place to work at

I have been with Footlocker for 5 years now. Footlocker isn’t just a job for me anymore it’s more of a family. I am enjoy going to work everyday. Hours are flexible and pay is average can’t complain. You do get benefits of first come first serve for some releases. Overall 10/10

Bs

Loved working at footlocker even wanted to become manger of one of the locations in Toronto but it seemed location I was working at they didn’t want to me advance to the higher position eventually let me go for no good reason.

Pros

Bs

Cons

Bs

Trendy workplace

The job can be fun and busy depending on the season-- back to school, black friday, christmas. The environment of the store is really depending on the manager. Some were fun, some were strict and some could be unfair. You are required to meet sale goals which is not that hard. The best part about working at foot locker were the coworkers and building an awesome shoe collection.

Pros

Employee discount 30%-50%

Cons

PT- no benefits and low pay (minimum wage)

They just don't care about there employees.

I've worked there for awhile now and it's not worth the discount.. They show zero respect about us employees and were always bending over backwards for this company, for nothing. 10/10 don't recommend Footlocker to anyone. Not even to my worst enemy

Pros

Discount

Cons

Store manager constantly making your life a nightmare

Fun workplace

Great vibes if you have good coworkers, however management is an integral part of your work life with this job. If there is a good manager then your life will be 10x better.

Pros

Discount

Terrible

Don’t care about employees, breaks are useless, environment is toxic, management is useless, it’s sooo good until you actually the the job and start working

Pros

Discount

Cons

Everything, pay

Horrible Management

Working at footlocker may had been the most challenging experience I've encountered as far as employment is concerned. The manager was incompetent and unable to keep the staffs in line.

Pros

Great discount

Cons

incompetent manager

A great place to work

I loved my time with this corporation and moved within 3 different locations. The environment was fun, laid back and fast paced. I would suggest a job with foot locker to anyone between the ages of 17 and 30.

Unless you are the store manager dont bother

As an assistant manager you got all the responsibility and no compensation. Bonuses were "just taken away" as I was promoted? How likely. 100% Audit with no bonus. But the manager boasts about his. And if you think the stress ends after you quit boy are you wrong, you might get a call months later (on a Valentines Day to boot) accusing you of theft and fraud! But when they review everything and realize you are innocent all you get is a text with no apology

Pros

Discount but you might get accused of theft

Cons

Stressful, no compensation, no reason to hit sale goals, no reason to be promoted unless you skip ASM.

Good first Job or Part Time Job but after a year, leave.

Footlocker is a good job for someone who lives with their parents or who are students that like sneaker culture you'll make the bare minimum wage and benefits that a company is required by law to offer but truly nothing else. When you work at least 1 year work well and leave, i guarantee you, you stay any longer than that you will waste your valuable time and is not worth it. They couldn't care less about their employees they only look out for their Store managers and District managers and nothing else really. Truly bad "career opportunities" if you could even call it that. Work for a year ONLY IF YOU REALLY LIKE SNEAKER CULTURE. If not avoid this company like the plague

Pros

Good for part times

Cons

Terrible for Anyone else.

fun place to work if you're young

fast paced and helping new and regular customers. you are helping all types of customers and trying to find a perfect shoe for whatever activity they are doing (Basketball, Volleyball, walking). 30% off for employees on shoes and clothing.

Great Culture

Working at footlocker is great in a sense where you meet a lot of different people where you become close friends with because you have such similar styles, however work can get very stressful and they do not pay management enough for the amount of work and stress they carry.

Efficient and enjoyable place to work at.

A day at footlocker as the assistant manager involved everything of a regular keyholder accept I was to check emails, create and submit any orders for supplies, as well as verifying the store is suitable for customers. I learned just how important your shoes are and how much a cheap pair of shoes can have a long term effect on your joints. Management was wonderful, sometimes we were a little short staffed but overall he found a way to push through and assist me with anything that I needed help with. The workplace culture was fantastic and had a young refreshing vibe every time you'd go to work. Many of the times, the hardest part of the job is having to take criticism on things in the store that you have no control over. However the best part of the job was being able to see all the new shoes before they were released.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8K