Foot Locker

Canada530 reviews

Found 530 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,039 reviews
shoelockerdiscountfootsalecommissionstoresneaker

Fun

This a fun a fun place to work for, depending on your team. Good music, good conversation not only with customers but also your fellow employees. In my opinion discount should be more!! More frequent 50% off weeks!!!

Fun workplace

When i worked here it was very relaxed and it was also very well organized and managed. Everyone was friendly and helpful and you felt great going into work everyday

Insights into Foot Locker

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Brief Summary Of My Time At Foot Locker

The most enjoyable part is the friendships I have made with employees and even some customers. I was able to advance quickly and frequently within the company but then once I got to a certain level as a General Manager there wasn't much growth available from there.

Pros

30% discount, access to exclusive shoes, fair bonus structure for management, benefit program

Cons

communication from head office, well below average compensation for all employees

There’s always room to move up!

Footlocker bases itself on many core values, with those core values they are very caring, understanding and compassionate. The district manager was amazing, he was so driven for us to do and be the best we could! He never took our wins and just made them his own, our wins and our goals were also his. He shared that with us and he was always giving recognition when earned/deserved! Such a good company to work for!

Pros

Amazing people!

Productive & Fun

Productive & Fun. Management is alrightAlot of great people & Alot of growth If you're into sneakers and conversating with new and interesting people than this is for you

Poorly run, very unprofessional

Great as a part time job, any form of full time jobs in this company will under pay you while treating you with very minimal respect and zero professionalism. I wouldn’t recommend working at footlocker to anybody.

Pros

good employee discount

Cons

Unprofessional, low wages, lazy management

Great first job

It's all about teamwork, so it is immediately a welcoming environment. Everyone is read to help eachother out. It gets quite stressful depending on location, but it's manageable. Sometimes it can be overwhelming when understaffed and needing to do several tasks at once. But overall great experience if a first job. You learn so much.

Pros

Discount, Flexible hours, employee raffles

Cons

Too much work for minimum wage

Great job to start with

Great job to gain interpersonal, sales, and customer service skills. I worked here while I was in high school and it was a good way to start off my job career.

Decent first job

not much to say. Chill job, great if you like shoes and are looking for discounts. Decent first job, the commission is not the greatest but it could be worse

Miserable workplace

There is no work life balance, they treat you poorly. There’s no commitment or help from upper management. Clear favouritism within store managers. No product. After working there for nearly 10 years they treat you poorly. No inclusion, managers aren’t rewarded

Not the greatest

Not a great place to work if you are management.Pay scale is not it. Poor communication from head office. Great place to work though if you're part time and don't mind the min wage.

Decent first job

The job is great for developing customer service skills but the pay is average. Its a great environment when interacting with customers and co workers.

Pros

Discount on shoes

Cons

Pay

sales associate

Primary responsibilities for Foot Locker sales associate positions involve operating cash registers, assisting customers with sales, stocking and organizing shelves, and answering questions about company policies, merchandise, and services. Foot Locker sales associates generally work on foot for long periods of time.

Fun and fast paced environment

Overall, I had a great experience working at Footlocker. The managers and associates are inclusive, easygoing and friendly. The schedules are very flexible and managers can make quick arrangements at the last minute. Pay is minimum wage which is okay but understandable.

It’s just OK

Footlocker no longer gives out commission but you are still required to hit your quotas. For my location, we would get written up if we don’t hit goals which was stressful because sometimes it was hard to do so during slow hours. With no commission and working at minimum wage it was not worth the stress that the management applies to the workers.

Fun place to work

A chance to meet lots of new people and express common interest Aswell, learning how to communicate and approach different types of customers. In addition you learn how to create your own style and how to cater to specific crowds and individuals. The job prompts you to bring out your authentic self and develop a sense of belonging I've learned so many new things working at footlocker

Pros

Nice shoes

Relaxed, and fun.

Relaxed, fun, amazing discount! In the time that I worked there I never hated my job, it’s a chill environment, you don’t necessarily have to know about shoes.

Fast paced, sales driven place to work.

As a first job, I learned a lot. The culture was amazing and it was always easy to make sales. Very fast paced environment and with little to no micro managing.

I love this company

I personally had a great experience working here - I would totally recommend it . The co workers are always the nicest people ever, management is great. It's just a real chill and fun place to work.

Good first job, but not a career

Started in highschool and was getting hours at first, but as the years progressed, the hours started to decreases. Great people to work with just not enough hours to work.

Chill coworkers, easygoing environment

Footlocker's a good place to get started, especially if you're into shoes. My location however was really slow at times , and it was usually only me and another person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement