foodora GmbH

foodora GmbH Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
The company abandoned the Canadian market, I believe the virus outbreak was the major contributor to them exiting Canada. Secondly, their main profit was corporate lunch hours. In my experience of working at lunch I was delivering a minimum order of $100 and somtimes exeded $350.00.
The employer's are all approachable and easy to get a long with. I can always get an email respond back if I do have any issues and for the fact that if I needed anything they will find a way to resolve the matter of the problem.
Pros
Communications are great
Cons
Need to have transportation
There are seperate into different batch in working with foodara. The higher the batch more order u get and earn more. Foodora has also fraud all of the foodora dilivery driver for cheating for the deposit that we have paid in the begining and didnt refund when we been retrenched. This happened in Melbourne, Australia.
Pros
no pro
Cons
too much cons
is a fun job that you can get to drive around the town and explore and meet random people that order food... usually if you have issue with an order, you can leave a message on the app, manager on duty would reply to you within a minute, which is a good, hardest part of the job is sometimes you have to wait for an hour for the order to complete due to the restaurants is behind, which you might lose some money in that hour.
and the most enjoyable extra cash in your pocket.
There is a deep rooted teamwork and camraderie at Foodora on every challenge we comed together in building a better product all our customers loved, our partner vendors favoured and dedicated couriers refined. I've learned a lot in this company. I especially enjoyed the energy and our focus. I was always happy to work here and the reason why I left home everyday to grow.
Le travail était vraiment biens malheureusement il décidée de quitter le Canada donc je perd mon emploi
The team was great to work with and everyone brought something great to the table. Fun, casual culture. Dogs in the office, and daily food allowance..
app always updated. swap shifts available company gear necessary. available at head office. schedule every Wednesday first come first serve. steady pace. the weather and if delays or waits for order delivery time difriates.
Work was as independent contractor. Allowed for flexible schedule. Pay was based on amount of effort put in, not salary based. Work is dangerous, as you are biking in downtown Toronto.
No one should have to work for this company!!! In the end you will not make a living it is a scam high turnover and again No Money.
Better off flippin burgers
C’est juste que je fais trop de kilomètres qui paye pas
Great company with great management and courier services departments.

Very accommodating and fair, certainly makes up for some of the self-scheduling flubs and competitive nature of the ranking system.
I was one of the bike couriers, so you had to be quick and know your way around the downtown core (side streets, one ways, alleyways, etc). Was fun to start, but really only useful as a job to supplement your income, otherwise you'd be out there for fifteen hours a day just to get by. Every shift was hit or miss; sometimes you make $100 in 6 hours, other times you clear $20. So hard to figure out how to live off of your 'wages'.
environnement de travail agreable pour les personnes qui aiment travailler dehors
Working nights at foodora has been hard. They’ve recently hired more Customer Service Representatives which means we (the more senior representatives) are struggling to fill our work schedules. The management is very lax, which is great sometimes (work from home), however, we get our schedules late and can barely make the hours onto our timesheet before the deadline. Working nights can be hard due to a lack of “connection” with the daytime employees, however everyone on the night team are great! Again, the hardest part is the instability with our schedules. There are some great benefits too, like food allowances, partial benefits after 1 year (for part-time employees), office socials and outings, a small(ish) team full of amazing people, and a great office location.
Pros
food allowances, great coworkers, nice office/location
Cons
lack of communication between departments, unstable hours
You are having a good day biking around downtown doing orders all of a sudden an order comes that you have to go to southgate.. you cant reject the order so you have to go..you get so southgate and the person cancels the order now you have to go to north to get a freaking slurpee, one slurpee for a customer from 7/11 now you have to go all the way back to north..
itll be those slurpees man those slurpees will really drive you insane given that you know the customers get free delivery
Pros
Paid per hr
Cons
everything else
Very poorly managed, it’s run by people who only use this company as a trampoline for a better job.
Ok source of income if you have another job, very peaceful if you like to ride your bike and you’re not chasing the dollar. Sometimes your paycheque comes in several days late. You make money during winter only, summertime is dead. No benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
seasonal, poorly managed, no benefits and the list keeps going
Excellent company to work with, got to know nice people, very tasty restaurants and different locations wit in Toronto. The managers and the costumer service contact were very helpful, during the time that worked with the company
Pros
Great earning opportunities
Cons
No able to decide when to work
Place is enjoyable to work at, but does not have the management in place given it's size. Salaries are very, very low without enough benefits or perks to make up for it. Good place for experience, but don't expect to stay too long.
Pros
Enjoyable team
Cons
Lack of leadership/mentorship, inexperienced management
Don't Join it...

1. Tip Thieves

2. Unknowledgeable & Pathetic Staff

3. No Support from management...or should I say I doubt they have anything of that sort...this is jus a web service which is poorly managed by some 4 to 5 guys
Pros
Cons
Tip Thieves...this is the biggest one, Vague policy, Mislead you to join them
Foodora is a poorly ran company in general. Management is disorganized. Salary is grossly underpaid compared to industry standards. There is no job security, as this company is struggling to compete in the Canadian market.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Lack of transparency, disorganized management, no work-life balance