Follett Corporation

Follett Corporation Employee Reviews

If it wasn’t for the people I worked with I may not have lasted that long. The work is long but easy, but when things go wrong follett is fast to brush it off and you’re left trying to fend for yourself. Recent change in the hiring process makes it difficult to know what’s going on. When training material doesn’t work the help number doesn’t help. But my manager and some of my coworkers are the reason I continue to work for Follett.
Pros
Discount on textbooks if you’re a student
Cons
No benefits
il s agit d'un tres bon environnement de travail .
The time I worked was when all students wanted to get there books as soon as possible. They would come up and ask me if they couldn't find something or I just asked in general if they wanted help. It was a ggod workplace since it was also in my campus.
Best place in the world to work. Lots of learning and interacting. We help provide students with their correct curriculum and texts for the various programs and courses offered at the Red Deer College.
I love working here. I've learned so much and continue learning. I love the team we have built. My manager is the most amazing woman in the world. I plan to be with the company for a long time
Pros
Awesome team, fun to work everyday
Cons
not enough hours and low wages
Outstanding support from management and other Follett employees globally. My typical day was managing my assigned territory of Manitoba, Saskatchewan and North West Ontario. I visited schools, specifically library staff, IT staff, administrators and department coordinators. Our job as Educational consultants was to promote the library software application called Destiny, support, and sell new book titles to school libraries.
I work in one of the bookstores. We aren't given a lot of hours because the managers budget is tight. That's the only issue I have. I'd like more hours. Other than that I love working at the bookstore and Follett seems like an alright company.
Pros
Always some thing to do
Cons
Not enough hours
As an international student, this company made me feel at home. shifts are flexible. working at bookstore made my books for love grow more. the staff really appreciates your little efforts.
Productive and fun place. Flexible timing, friendly environment.Good workplace for both full time and part time.......................................
Flexible, but time/work pressured. The weekly tasks instructions are more complicted than needs to be. Bosses are nice and far away. Organizational skills a must.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Follett Corporation?
Management cares less about the employees and their concerns, they never regard students working for them. They are lots of gossips going on between employees and management, no understanding, racism is on-going in this place, I had a bad experience. You don't get enough shift to pay up your bills and the management doesn't care. I believe the ideal language at a work place is English, but the full time employees speak bad of someone who they know doesn't understand their language, and when you complain you get mocked at.
Pros
Meals paid with employee card
Cons
Short hours, poor management, horrible services, discrimimation
All the workers were super friendly, and the manager of the location I worked at had to be the nicest most caring manager ever. super great experience working there. wish the job I had was not temporary or I work there all the time.
horrible management they expect you to know how there company works with out telling you or giving any information or any training, often boxes contain large spiders or other bugs you are expected to deal with , expected to life a multiple of 3 fifty pound boxes at once with out the use of another employee or a cart
The only reason why I applied for this job was because it was conveniently on campus. You do not have a secure job for the summer so that stresses you to find something long term.
Pros
Flexible with school schedule
Cons
Unorganized with shifting
Under paid for the work expected. Failure to recognize the need for technology to truly manage the business. Hiring practices are unfair, an associate was hired under the age of 18, wasbused for peak season then fired for not meeting the age requirements.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Too many to mention
The summary pretty much sums it up -- manager very disrespectful to staff, moody and unpredictable behaviour. Enjoyed the work, hours were great.
Its alright to work for if your not looking to advance anywhere and just don't want to do anything for your future
Pros
only have to work till 4:30
Cons
people don't listen when you tell them things, hiring process isn't posted and management doesn't care about employees with concerns
Relaxing and easy job to learn and get to interact with customers daily.
Pros
Get to interact with customers every day.
Cons
slow at times, only picks up during new school season/semesters
No day is predictable. Always something going on and plenty to do.
I would go to many universities in Quebec ,Ontario and The Maritimes at the begining and end of every semester. I would deal with book store mananger to develop quantities of books needed. I would set up computer enter in quantities buy for book store and Follett wholesaler as well. I would buy used books from the students give them cash(great incentive). I would balance funds at the end of buy prepare reports confirm shipping for books,organize shipping and then travel to next location. Length of buys varied from a few days to five weeks. This taught me networking with managers, report classification, balancing of funds, while being completely autonomuus. Field support was always one phone call away. I was usually able to work through any unforseen circumstances, thinking quick on my feet and being resourceful.
Pros
seasonal, travelling, good salary, networking
Cons
seasonal