Follett Corporation Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work at
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Finch, ON17 June 2018
Management cares less about the employees and their concerns, they never regard students working for them. They are lots of gossips going on between employees and management, no understanding, racism is on-going in this place, I had a bad experience. You don't get enough shift to pay up your bills and the management doesn't care. I believe the ideal language at a work place is English, but the full time employees speak bad of someone who they know doesn't understand their language, and when you complain you get mocked at.
Pros
Meals paid with employee card
Cons
Short hours, poor management, horrible services, discrimimation
Good work enviroment.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON6 February 2018
All the workers were super friendly, and the manager of the location I worked at had to be the nicest most caring manager ever. super great experience working there. wish the job I had was not temporary or I work there all the time.
horrible
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2017
horrible management they expect you to know how there company works with out telling you or giving any information or any training, often boxes contain large spiders or other bugs you are expected to deal with , expected to life a multiple of 3 fifty pound boxes at once with out the use of another employee or a cart
Good luck
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 July 2017
The only reason why I applied for this job was because it was conveniently on campus. You do not have a secure job for the summer so that stresses you to find something long term.
Pros
Flexible with school schedule
Cons
Unorganized with shifting
Poor organizational structure
Management (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 March 2017
Under paid for the work expected. Failure to recognize the need for technology to truly manage the business. Hiring practices are unfair, an associate was hired under the age of 18, wasbused for peak season then fired for not meeting the age requirements.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Too many to mention
Yes this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON28 January 2015
Its alright to work for if your not looking to advance anywhere and just don't want to do anything for your future
Pros
only have to work till 4:30
Cons
people don't listen when you tell them things, hiring process isn't posted and management doesn't care about employees with concerns
Fast pace environment
Carleton University Bookstore- Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 November 2012
No day is predictable. Always something going on and plenty to do.
travel,working autonomously, networking, sales
Used text book buyer (Former Employee) –  Québec, QC,Ontario, Maritimes1 September 2012
I would go to many universities in Quebec ,Ontario and The Maritimes at the begining and end of every semester. I would deal with book store mananger to develop quantities of books needed. I would set up computer enter in quantities buy for book store and Follett wholesaler as well. I would buy used books from the students give them cash(great incentive). I would balance funds at the end of buy prepare reports confirm shipping for books,organize shipping and then travel to next location. Length of buys varied from a few days to five weeks. This taught me networking with managers, report classification, balancing of funds, while being completely autonomuus. Field support was always one phone call away. I was usually able to work through any unforseen circumstances, thinking quick on my feet and being resourceful.
Pros
seasonal, travelling, good salary, networking
Cons
seasonal