Fogo Island Inn Employee Review

View all Fogo Island Inn reviews

Extraordinary
Cook (Former Employee) –  Joe Batts Arm, NL21 April 2017
My mornings would start at about 5:30,I would drive to the farm before work and get all the produce for the day, everything we used was always so fresh. the first 4 hours of the shift would be prepping for service and than doing lunch service, Receiving new produce would always occur after lunch, take about an hour or so to organise all of it.
I learned more here than any wheres else, being thrown into a fast paced 5 star hotel lunch service is intimidating at first but makes you learn fast or else you fail.
The managers were all relatively young and would meet up with the staff on weekends sometimes, strict but knew how to joke around. wouldn't change anything about the management style
Hardest part of the job would be just dealing with the size of the kitchen and the amount of staff we had in there at once.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was prepping the mise en place because i have never worked with produce that fresh, the celery was rick hard with no give and the lettuce would crunch and break if you squished it, not even the Culinary instite of Canada has ingredients that nice and fresh
Pros
Staff meals, the view, staff, creative freedom
Cons
long shifts

Other Fogo Island Inn Employee Reviews

Very proactive, innovative workplace
Adventure Tourism Advisor / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Joe Batts Arm, NL7 December 2018
Great leadership and staff.
Leading the Visitor economy internationally with experiences and accommodation offered.
Very strong social conscience within the communities they operate.
Exceptional guest services
Front Desk Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fogo, NL19 March 2018
While working as the night auditor at Fogo Island Inn, I was responsible for checking in/out guests on a daily basis. Verifying any charges that guests may have incurred during their stay. Confirming arrival/check out dates and entering into system. I was also responsible for verifying all daily transactions incurred by the Inn on a daily basis. Verifying all transactions and completing daily reports to confirm transactions completed.