Flynn Group of Companies
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Flynn Group of Companies Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

They are a good place to start

That is about it. They dont pay well and they only tend to promote in head office. So much drama. Men are way worse than women, let me tell you. Stick to yourself and work. Dont make friends. If you do, awesome, but trust noone. Enjoy :)

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No raises

Some great people work here. Management team are very unorganized and unfair

The management team of Flynn Edmonton are very unorganized and it is a very cut throat enviroment to work in. Very stressful place. Management team belittles you to make themselves look better to upper management. They promise you lots of raises and never follow through. High turn over rate in most departments. Edmonton branch poorly run. Other branches are run better.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

They hire managers who dont care about their staff.

I strongly suggest working sonewhere else

This company does not care enough for there employees I told them I had to leave for school and they said I quit instead of laying me off so I would get ei compensation to better my career

So far so good

Waited a year to post this, cause usually by now I left the company because of terrible management, bad culture, etc… what a difference it makes working for the big boys. No rookie initiation, no yelling, and best of all steady hours and benefits. My wife is happy 😊 Thank you Flynn.

Pros

Not the usual roofing culture

Cons

I'm probably biased cause of where I worked before, but no complaint.

I worked for Flynn roofing

Great company to work for. Really took care of me as a roofer right up to the point where a new service manager pushed me to transfer to another branch because he wanted a couple of his buddies working under him. I transferred to another branch but travel became an issue after a couple years ,then mom took sick and had to go to no to care for her., but was an excellent employee and foreman for the company and really loved my job

Benefits

Cons

Winter layoffs

Flynn as a whole is a good place to work

Flynn as a whole is a good place to work, however, the Edmonton branch is full of favouritism. If you are very close to the Branch Manager you can have whatever job you want even if that means that he gets rid of the person, who's job you want, even though you have years of experience and the person who takes the job has NONE. In the last few years the atmosphere has become toxic and everyone walks on eggshells because there are people there that are very unethical.

Pros

training is there if you want it, good pay, good vacation and benefits

Cons

unethical upper management and some employees, favouritism, no communication

Great company to work with.

Flynn Canada is a very fast paced work environment. Good company with good benefits and competitive wages . The management could be better. Lack of communication between office and field workers.

Good

Its a good place to work, the people are nice and it is enjoyable. People are good teavhers and the work is hard and physcially demanding. It is a good place to work good benifits

no to bad company to work for, is a very formal company

no to bad company to work for, is a very formal company, large, competitive in the industry but the salary is no very good in comparative whit another ones in the same industry

productive very dependable employers

be honest, work hard,ask if it will prove more productive. at the time I worked for them there was enjoyable plans outings .well maintains equipment and trucks.

Pros

very dependable employer working steady

Cons

working weekends

Extremely long hours, insecure job

A typical day in the office is 9 hours long which is WAY too long. They constantly hire people on contracts so they can avoid giving benefits and other perks. They are exempt from the ESA because they're a construction company so they use that to get away with doing a lot. They don't trust any new hires and do not properly investigate certain situations that come to their attention. You can't trust anyone; not even your own team.

Good company to work for

I enjoyed working for them. They treat their employees very good, but it is also a very physically demanding job. They have a great benefit program, and pay their employees fairly.

Good Company

I was young, they took a chance on me and I am grateful! Good benefits, the recession hit and I had to find other work otherwise I would probably still be there!

Flynn family

Flynn Company respect so much all workers. Safety always priority number one. Flynn is biggest envelope company in all North America. (Canada) Company keep busy all workers all year. Employee working and have opportunities to study and grow.

Pros

Free lunches, benefits, Christmas and another gifts, bonuses

Fun place to work. Tough to accept salary offered

Excellent benefits, work culture and people in general. A lot of politics, and management taking credit for hard work. Salaries offered are way below average.

Fast paced work environment. Competitive salary and great benefits. Co-workers and management are great people to work with. Great team to be apart of.

This company does not pay well and does NOT pay for Stat Holidays

High turn over with employees. So tight with money they squeak, but can throw out a ridiculous amount of product. Not consistent with raises and does not pay for stat holidays. Christmas and New Years week, only paid for 2 days. One building is unionized (paid well) and the second building is not(treated unfair and under paid) . A company of this size should treat their employees well, with respect and pay reasonable salaries.

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

No pay for Stat Holidays

Fair salary and work training, poor job culture

Pays really well compared to other jobs Work days could be long, but the job isn't really hard, mostly it is physically demanding. Bad management, but satisfactory training, salary and work-life balance. Extremely poor job culture and the mindsets of workers.

Awesome

Again, I have already filled this out so I will just keep writing until I reach the minimum characters. This is a very annoying process if you ask me.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

lots of driving

Hard work Extreme weather conditions

You work in plus 30 degree weather, most of the material is heavy to work with, you must be in good health and not be afraid of heights to work here. has good benefits

Pros

good pay

Cons

Productive and had fun with the roofing and metal crew

My job was fun and learning knew work while working for the company and the men were ok to work with we worked as a team and that was good for all of us and I enjoyed having a Forman and manager that was also helping the men at work. I also enjoy our safety meeting in the morning.

Pros

we had breaks lunches were payed

Cons

hours were reasonable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flynn Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement