Flynn Group of Companies Pay & Benefits reviews

Productive and had fun with the roofing and metal crew
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 October 2018
My job was fun and learning knew work while working for the company and the men were ok to work with we worked as a team and that was good for all of us and I enjoyed having a Forman and manager that was also helping the men at work. I also enjoy our safety meeting in the morning.
Pros
we had breaks lunches were payed
Cons
hours were reasonable
Great managed company.
foreman crew (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 May 2018
Having worked here for over five years I was able to be enrolled in a multitude of courses as well as lucky to attend events that were beneficial in a number of ways.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Moving up corporate ladder is difficult.
average company
Industrial Roofer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 February 2018
average company to work for, guy I work with where good, very long day to work and the work was unsteady hours and no consistent hours, company was a bit disorganized at times. traveled long distances to job sights
Work all year round, room for promotion if you work hard. Money always in the bank with out fail on payday
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2018
Am an overseas worker brought over by Flynn just over 8 years ago and can say honestly that no other company matches the work load Flynn takes on (high profile projects) and Advanced opportunities. As with any company you have pros and cons but pros out weigh cons with Flynn, couple of examples: full time work - year round in the glazing dept, paye with out fail every week, lots of OT if interested, all safety training provided- with paye and just under 10% vacation paye added to your salary each week, the list goes on. All I can see that’s really asked as a must is that you show up and are willing to work as an individual and in a team. As with any company comes rules and polices all that’s asked is that they are followed and your time with Flynn will be grand.
Horrible management
sheeter (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 January 2018
horrible management, very poorly run, managers stealing from the company to benefit themselves, using company vehicles and gas cards for their own personal needs, there is so much FRAUD happening its very sad.. disrespectful in many ways, they do not appreciate what their workers do, you can never speak your mind or you will get laid off..company itself is great its how its run and who runs it..this is the capreol ontario or sudbury division
Pros
great pay/benefits
Cons
unreliable work, intimadating managers/bullies
Strong culture
Service Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 November 2017
I enjoyed being a part of the Flynn group of companies and the culture of being an industry leader. I gained a lot of knowledge on the planning and managing of projects and expanded my ability to lead as well as communicate with clients.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Hours/salary not so appealing
Terrible
Glazier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2017
Worked for them for over 9 years. Then they started shipping in workers from Europe and Mexico.
Laid off a bunch of experienced Canadian guys to make room for the new cheap, subsidized, labor force.
After they had us train them, of course.
Flynn will give you the shpeal about being part of the Flynn family and "it's not a job, it's a career" but that's all just a lure and lies.
Flynn is just your typical international conglomerate that cares more about its bottom line then it does about its workers or Canadians in general.
At Flynn you're not a name, you're a number on the balance sheet. Nothing more.
Pros
Decent wages and benifits
Cons
No securtiy, be ready to be replaced by cheaper workers.
fast pace and friendly enviorment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 November 2017
Worked on a flat roof. Not knowing anything about the trade they took me on and trained me. Good starting wage and year round work. Nice long hours and good company.
Not the best to work for
Glazier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta, Canada16 October 2017
The company is managed by a group of people that don't care about their employees.

They recruit foreign workers for doing the Canadian jobs, and as soon as the employees show the smallest sign of independence they get sacked.

You may ask so what? The trouble is that you go to Canada on a specific work permit, which means that if you get fired, under NO circumstances you are allowed to work for any other company.

So you have to go back home. But what if you gave up everything back home so that you can make a new life in Canada? Who cares....

My recommendation: don't take a job with Flynn unless you can swallow your pride entirely and be a slave for as long as they want you
Pros
Average salary, paid on time
Cons
No job security
job was very productive
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 August 2016
Flynn Canada was a good job with good and friendly employers and employees. I learned a lot from from about how to do roofing and other shorts of labourer jobs.
Great place to work if you like being laid off.
Flat Roofer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 June 2016
Great place to work, if you don't mind being laid off in the summer for months at a time, because apparently there are no jobs. For such a big company, it makes no sense that they have no jobs for the summer. Basically if you have senority you get the vip treatment. New employee's get laid off. So if you have a family to support, I wouldn't recommend working here. When you are working they do take care of you. Great group of people to work with. Excellent benefit package, great wages.
Pros
great wages, benefits.
Cons
laid off during peak season.
productive, learning experience
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 May 2016
It was my first job and I learned a lot about working in a warhorse type environment. Everyone was nice to me, and made me feel comfortable.
Pros
free lunch
Night Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 November 2014
A good roofing company to work for except during the winter season when the workload is on minimal.
decent place to work
Machine operator, sheet metal fabrication (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 February 2013
wages a little low for my taste at the time but overall a pretty good place to work
Productive place with all around great poeple to work for and with
Labourer (Current Employee) –  acheson alberta18 May 2012
Learned how to use air tools nailers drills etc. Some heavy lifting every one you when needed. Very friendly environment.
Pros
free lunches