Flynn Group of Companies

Flynn Group of Companies Employee Reviews for Roofer

Roofer24 reviews
Canada24 reviews

roofingcanadasafetyworkerfieldbiglongtreat

Great place to work, would recommend as a place to make a career.

Great place to work, can be competitive which is normal when dealing with larger companies. Sometimes work isn't recognized, people gossip poorly about others or someone else takes praise for something that someone else does. Which again, is to be expected given Flynn's size. Management sees this and doesn't take the gossip to heart, though occasionally gossip isn't ignored and is treated as a fact which does affects production and employee utilization. Recommendations that if followed would make this a 5 star company: - start enforcing policies that prevent group or individual gossip, focus on creating more teambuilding and staff unity. - if an individual is falling behind, create a work plan with the person that outlines achievable goals, provides a proper layout of what is expected, and lastly when the individual can expect to hear about their progress and what future steps will be taken however they perform.

Pros

Great wages, union benefits, training and equipment is provided

Cons

Long hours, stability is weather related, company politics at times (Depends on department/foreman).

A rough time for me and my family

They treat employees like garbage, but if you are a service customer they take care of you.Some of my coworkers were great, others were struggling with substance abuse issues. The company doesn't address the problems.My advice: avoid the trouble that working here will cause for you and your family. Find one of their customers, and work there. You will suddenly be able to afford a nicer car.

Insights into Flynn Group of Companies

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Just because its a big company doesn't mean its good

Before COVID the CEO came to the branch once a year for a meeting with all employees, and he always said the same thing every year: don't like it here? find a new job. He said it with a smile. Guy says he came up on the tools as if that makes him one of us. No my friend it just means I have more training on my job than you do on yours.Managers and supers do the same thing, but without a smile. Don't like it? Go find another job.I made a big mistake leaving to come here.Hardest part of the job is when work disappears in the winter. Most enjoyable part is when there's work again.

I would not go back

This is not a bad place if your starting out. Management doesn't care about you, but that is the usual in roofing. Lots of work in the summer, but you should have something else ready for the winter.

Hard work

Overall good company to work, salary according to union and experience, benefits, dental, vision, pension plan for you and your family, hard work clean money!

When there is work, it is good.

No more work for the year, so they lay us off. They pay good in summer.When there is work it is a good place to work. October usually is when the work ends, but this year was earlier.

Productive and fun workplace

Flynn has amazing staff and it is a really pleasant working environment for everyone. The best part is that you are always learning something new and the hard work you do is appreciated.

Awful management

Terrible place to work and terrible management. Don’t care about staff or people in field. Bad communication. If your a foreign worker do not bring your family here to work for this company

Great family to be apart of. You feel proud and apart of a team you can plant your roots and succeed in life.

If you like honest hard work You’re gonna love this place. I sure did. This is a place to learn and grow and start a secure full time career.

Pros

Family. They take good care of you if you take good care of them ( work hard safe and smart)

Cons

It’s different for everyone. That is anywhere you work tho.

I worked for Flynn roofing

Great company to work for. Really took care of me as a roofer right up to the point where a new service manager pushed me to transfer to another branch because he wanted a couple of his buddies working under him. I transferred to another branch but travel became an issue after a couple years ,then mom took sick and had to go to no to care for her., but was an excellent employee and foreman for the company and really loved my job

Benefits

Cons

Winter layoffs

no to bad company to work for, is a very formal company

no to bad company to work for, is a very formal company, large, competitive in the industry but the salary is no very good in comparative whit another ones in the same industry

Good company to work for

I enjoyed working for them. They treat their employees very good, but it is also a very physically demanding job. They have a great benefit program, and pay their employees fairly.

Fun place to work. Tough to accept salary offered

Excellent benefits, work culture and people in general. A lot of politics, and management taking credit for hard work. Salaries offered are way below average.

Great Company

Worked there for a couple of months liked the job, enjoyed working with others, working at Flynn you do need to be on top of what you need to be done.

Very poor management

Do not recommend this company to any Canadian citizens you are treated second class. Been there for 6 months and have sat for more than 2 weeks wondering if there is any work with no temporary lay off. In addition the workmanship is the worst I have ever seen in all my years of roofing. Would not recommend this company to do anything for the roofing aspect on any building

Pros

Cons

Not enough space

Poor management

Poor management, office tends to not return phone calls, the workplace is great and the Forman’s are great to work for, all in all they could really use better management.

average company

average company to work for, guy I work with where good, very long day to work and the work was unsteady hours and no consistent hours, company was a bit disorganized at times. traveled long distances to job sights

Hard work

Hard work, roofing over the Ottawa region. Big hours, yet not stable. Some new construction and some renovation. Have to be ready physically and mentally to face any type of weather.

Pros

Room n board

Cons

Great place to work if you like being laid off.

Great place to work, if you don't mind being laid off in the summer for months at a time, because apparently there are no jobs. For such a big company, it makes no sense that they have no jobs for the summer. Basically if you have senority you get the vip treatment. New employee's get laid off. So if you have a family to support, I wouldn't recommend working here. When you are working they do take care of you. Great group of people to work with. Excellent benefit package, great wages.

Pros

great wages, benefits.

Cons

laid off during peak season.

Not really fun place to work in service

this place was okay at first but there were not enough hours in service so it was hard to get by. A company that caused the death of a young girl was quite disturbing.

Pros

nice staff

Cons

not enough hours

familiar and nice working place

really nice and big company with perfect roofing management. they are really looking after safety work practice and quality of the work

Cons

long houers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flynn Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement