Flynn Group of Companies

Flynn Group of Companies Employee Reviews for Roofer

Insights into Flynn Group of Companies

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

I worked for Flynn roofing

Great company to work for. Really took care of me as a roofer right up to the point where a new service manager pushed me to transfer to another branch because he wanted a couple of his buddies working under him. I transferred to another branch but travel became an issue after a couple years ,then mom took sick and had to go to no to care for her., but was an excellent employee and foreman for the company and really loved my job

Benefits

Cons

Winter layoffs

Great family to be apart of. You feel proud and apart of a team you can plant your roots and succeed in life.

If you like honest hard work You’re gonna love this place. I sure did. This is a place to learn and grow and start a secure full time career.

Pros

Family. They take good care of you if you take good care of them ( work hard safe and smart)

Cons

It’s different for everyone. That is anywhere you work tho.

So far so good

Waited a year to post this, cause usually by now I left the company because of terrible management, bad culture, etc… what a difference it makes working for the big boys. No rookie initiation, no yelling, and best of all steady hours and benefits. My wife is happy 😊 Thank you Flynn.

Pros

Not the usual roofing culture

Cons

I'm probably biased cause of where I worked before, but no complaint.

no to bad company to work for, is a very formal company

no to bad company to work for, is a very formal company, large, competitive in the industry but the salary is no very good in comparative whit another ones in the same industry

Good company to work for

I enjoyed working for them. They treat their employees very good, but it is also a very physically demanding job. They have a great benefit program, and pay their employees fairly.

Fun place to work. Tough to accept salary offered

Excellent benefits, work culture and people in general. A lot of politics, and management taking credit for hard work. Salaries offered are way below average.

Great Company

Worked there for a couple of months liked the job, enjoyed working with others, working at Flynn you do need to be on top of what you need to be done.

Very poor management

Do not recommend this company to any Canadian citizens you are treated second class. Been there for 6 months and have sat for more than 2 weeks wondering if there is any work with no temporary lay off. In addition the workmanship is the worst I have ever seen in all my years of roofing. Would not recommend this company to do anything for the roofing aspect on any building

Pros

Cons

Not enough space

Poor management

Poor management, office tends to not return phone calls, the workplace is great and the Forman’s are great to work for, all in all they could really use better management.

average company

average company to work for, guy I work with where good, very long day to work and the work was unsteady hours and no consistent hours, company was a bit disorganized at times. traveled long distances to job sights

Hard work

Hard work, roofing over the Ottawa region. Big hours, yet not stable. Some new construction and some renovation. Have to be ready physically and mentally to face any type of weather.

Pros

Room n board

Cons

Great place to work if you like being laid off.

Great place to work, if you don't mind being laid off in the summer for months at a time, because apparently there are no jobs. For such a big company, it makes no sense that they have no jobs for the summer. Basically if you have senority you get the vip treatment. New employee's get laid off. So if you have a family to support, I wouldn't recommend working here. When you are working they do take care of you. Great group of people to work with. Excellent benefit package, great wages.

Pros

great wages, benefits.

Cons

laid off during peak season.

Not really fun place to work in service

this place was okay at first but there were not enough hours in service so it was hard to get by. A company that caused the death of a young girl was quite disturbing.

Pros

nice staff

Cons

not enough hours

familiar and nice working place

really nice and big company with perfect roofing management. they are really looking after safety work practice and quality of the work

Cons

long houers

-Good place to work, although work depends on weather conditions. -One has to be able to work in extreme conditions both hot and cold. -Must be able to work at extreme heights. -Company does put you into training courses. -Hard to budget as work is up and down.

Pros

training paid by company

Cons

weather conditions

roofer reinstaller

removing reinstalled shingles which i enjoyed but very hot at times.

Very affordable company

the most enjoyble work company the co-worker was very cooperative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flynn Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement