Flynn Group of Companies

Working at Flynn Group of Companies: Latest Flynn Group of Companies Reviews

Canada160 reviews

roofingcanadasafetyworkerfieldbiglongtreat

Many Challenges and Responsibilities

There are always new challenges and changes. Try to be dynamic, then will see a lot of excitement. Everybody has different and unique characters but they are all good people who are trying to do their best on their responsibilities.

A rough time for me and my family

They treat employees like garbage, but if you are a service customer they take care of you.Some of my coworkers were great, others were struggling with substance abuse issues. The company doesn't address the problems.My advice: avoid the trouble that working here will cause for you and your family. Find one of their customers, and work there. You will suddenly be able to afford a nicer car.

Insights into Flynn Group of Companies

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Just because its a big company doesn't mean its good

Before COVID the CEO came to the branch once a year for a meeting with all employees, and he always said the same thing every year: don't like it here? find a new job. He said it with a smile. Guy says he came up on the tools as if that makes him one of us. No my friend it just means I have more training on my job than you do on yours.Managers and supers do the same thing, but without a smile. Don't like it? Go find another job.I made a big mistake leaving to come here.Hardest part of the job is when work disappears in the winter. Most enjoyable part is when there's work again.

Horrible

Should of stayed where I was. Big company, sounds like a move up but they chew you up and spit you out. All the good people are gone. Good benefits, long hours, absent management. If you a manager you get to leave early on Friday's. Hybrid work from home if you work in IT or HR, but no one else.

Depressing

Great tools, unfortunately we are hiring devs faster than we can keep them here. No culture. No pride in work. Management doesn't want the best solution, they want what they thought of first. We have so much talent and its just sits here like robots.

Empty Promises.

They promise alot but don't deliver...talk a good game about benefits and culture and working your way up, but like I tell the kids I coach, judge by actions not words.As far as I can see if your younger and just out of school it would be a good place to learn...but otherwise its a career dead end.

Pros

Benefits mostly covered, good job for starting out

Cons

Lots of empty promises

Old boys club

The directors have shares in the company. If you are not in this exclusive club you are a nobody. Stay on their good side, accept their ideas and ways of doing things, and you will be able to work here.

Pros

Average compensation

Cons

Culture of fear, long hours

I would not go back

This is not a bad place if your starting out. Management doesn't care about you, but that is the usual in roofing. Lots of work in the summer, but you should have something else ready for the winter.

Hard work

Overall good company to work, salary according to union and experience, benefits, dental, vision, pension plan for you and your family, hard work clean money!

When there is work, it is good.

No more work for the year, so they lay us off. They pay good in summer.When there is work it is a good place to work. October usually is when the work ends, but this year was earlier.

Not fun workplace .

Management keep people down. All workers are just numbers . I dont see this place as a carrier . They are very good with giving warnings and tickets...

Union Company

Good job for uninspired workers, hard workers are just expected to keep working, while slackers seem to get all the praise. Union rules means it is hard to get rid of riff-raff, as long as their dues are paid. Management talks a big game of being there to help, but in reality only push for more production. Other than that the pay is great, and the pension and benefits are equal to some of the bigger trades out there.

Pros

Pay rate and pension.

Cons

Hard to get ahead of brown noses.

Horrible Management

Worst company I ever worked for, upper management has no idea of what is happening in the field. Complete waste of time working for them. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Stress and loads of work

Company says they are a family but everyone steps on each other. They don’t help each other’s mostly everyone for themselves. The company is very good with salary overall

Pros

Company vehicle

Cons

Not a family culture

A big disappointment

The company promoting their ability to give you proper guidance and be treated as a family only applies to their chosen favorites and employed family and friends. They treat the rest like temp employees regardless of how much you've contributed and the department you're in, that's why turnover is high. Be careful who you trust.

Great group of people.

Great culture, they promote family and work life balance, create many opportunities to grow and are a well managed company. They do tend to have a high turnover rate as they are leaders in the industry so can be a competitive place to work.

Good company to work

Hard workers in site, good environment. Safety first always. Pressure to finish at time with quality. A lot of machines to help for a easy job. They help to make immigration papers.

Overworked and under appreciated

Just another large company that treats you like trash when they are finished with you. Management is the biggest issue here. They say that $h^t flows down stream? Come work at Flynn and you'll find out real quick.

Productive and fun workplace

Flynn has amazing staff and it is a really pleasant working environment for everyone. The best part is that you are always learning something new and the hard work you do is appreciated.

Awful management

Terrible place to work and terrible management. Don’t care about staff or people in field. Bad communication. If your a foreign worker do not bring your family here to work for this company

They take safety very seriously which is great

Work/life balance is great depending on positionThey provide free coffee, fancy water, bread with fixings, fruit.There is a lot of laughing around the company which makes for a great workday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flynn Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement