Flynn Group of Companies

Flynn Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Insights into Flynn Group of Companies

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

They are a good place to start

That is about it. They dont pay well and they only tend to promote in head office. So much drama. Men are way worse than women, let me tell you. Stick to yourself and work. Dont make friends. If you do, awesome, but trust noone. Enjoy :)

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No raises

Terrible place to work only good for temp work

Crappiest company I've ever worked for super disorganized prepare to have leaders with no knowledge. Prepare to not know who your boss is. They take care of the poopy management over their actual team even when more than 5 people's complain validly about a lead hand it never makes it to HR and the meanie head engineer tries to handle it.I worked there for almost a year and guys who have worked there for 15+ years got paid like 3 dollars less than me. They don't give you any training and expect you to know all the tolerances and what is approved for quality.

Pros

Cons

Long hours poopy management no training

Unorganized, unfulilling and uncaring.

Company prides itself in family but you're treated far from. Management likes to play the blame game. Very unprofessional and will talk about everyone behind their back. Threatens you if you don't do OT that you'll be fired and there are stacks of resumes of people to take your place. Moral is extremely low. Clear divide between employees, and hard to fit in. Watch your back as there are many tattle tales.

Pros

Sometimes get free lunch

Cons

Always being watched, managment lies and uses threats. Low morale. Washroom breaks are watched. Little to no organization

Like family you become part of a team, if you do well advancement is there. Very understanding with personnel. Easy to get along with. Get place to start a career.

Pros

4 9 hr days in field

Cons

Hard to advance career

Good people to work with

Management does not appreciate employees, when you report problems on the floor, they do nothing to rectify situations. Management createssituations on the floor by pitting employees against each other.High turn overCompany will take advantage of you, if you let them. They will put excessive amounts of work on you instead of hiring more people. The chosen people can walk around doing very little, while you pick up their slack.

Pros

None.

Cons

Favoritism

Some great people work here. Management team are very unorganized and unfair

The management team of Flynn Edmonton are very unorganized and it is a very cut throat enviroment to work in. Very stressful place. Management team belittles you to make themselves look better to upper management. They promise you lots of raises and never follow through. High turn over rate in most departments. Edmonton branch poorly run. Other branches are run better.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

They hire managers who dont care about their staff.

Toxic Company

If you like a workplace with Screaming , Hatred , Blame and Incompetent / Non-existing Management this is the place for you!!!!Was a good Company when i started turned to garbage over the last few Years.Regardless if you are Office or Field staff you will be threated like Garbage

Pros

Cons

too many

Great family to be apart of. You feel proud and apart of a team you can plant your roots and succeed in life.

If you like honest hard work You’re gonna love this place. I sure did. This is a place to learn and grow and start a secure full time career.

Pros

Family. They take good care of you if you take good care of them ( work hard safe and smart)

Cons

It’s different for everyone. That is anywhere you work tho.

Discriminatory and exclusive workplace

If you are looking to work somewhere that will allow you to excel in your role and open up opportunities for you based on your performance? Look somewhere else.

Pros

On site cafeteria

Cons

Workplace environment

I strongly suggest working sonewhere else

This company does not care enough for there employees I told them I had to leave for school and they said I quit instead of laying me off so I would get ei compensation to better my career

So far so good

Waited a year to post this, cause usually by now I left the company because of terrible management, bad culture, etc… what a difference it makes working for the big boys. No rookie initiation, no yelling, and best of all steady hours and benefits. My wife is happy 😊 Thank you Flynn.

Pros

Not the usual roofing culture

Cons

I'm probably biased cause of where I worked before, but no complaint.

I worked for Flynn roofing

Great company to work for. Really took care of me as a roofer right up to the point where a new service manager pushed me to transfer to another branch because he wanted a couple of his buddies working under him. I transferred to another branch but travel became an issue after a couple years ,then mom took sick and had to go to no to care for her., but was an excellent employee and foreman for the company and really loved my job

Benefits

Cons

Winter layoffs

Flynn as a whole is a good place to work

Flynn as a whole is a good place to work, however, the Edmonton branch is full of favouritism. If you are very close to the Branch Manager you can have whatever job you want even if that means that he gets rid of the person, who's job you want, even though you have years of experience and the person who takes the job has NONE. In the last few years the atmosphere has become toxic and everyone walks on eggshells because there are people there that are very unethical.

Pros

training is there if you want it, good pay, good vacation and benefits

Cons

unethical upper management and some employees, favouritism, no communication

Terrible place to work

There is an elite group of people at this company that are liked by upper management regardless of their experience or qualifications.You can work as hard as you like for this company but unless you are one of the chosen ones you will never be given a chance to progress unless you are one of the favored ones? I know what I am talking about as I spent 15 years there and saw many idiots promoted ahead of me just because they were favored from above? There are some really nice people there but sadly they will always be overlooked for idiots that they like from above? Could have been a really elite company if they had promoted the right people instead of the brown nosed brigade.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Expected long hours

Good Workplace Culture

Generous holiday gifts from the company Leader in the industry Improvement area: better work and life balance. better opportunitiy of job advancement and continuous learning opportunities

Great company to work with.

Flynn Canada is a very fast paced work environment. Good company with good benefits and competitive wages . The management could be better. Lack of communication between office and field workers.

Could be a great place to work, communication is a problem in the roofing department

Communication from mid management is conflicting and delivered with a sledge hammer. Disconnect between management and working crews. I am speaking for the roofing department only as there are lots of great individuals that work there.

Amazing office experience but horrible if you work in any other field (Siding)

Management stopped caring and started hiring and giving promotions to friends and family and not by experience. This ultimately ruined an amazing work experience with a company that was showing so much growth both financially and work-wise. The most enjoyable part of the job was the everyday interactions with some people and the willingness to teach from some veteran workers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people with little to no experience that think they know more than the employees that have been in the field for 30+ years.

Nothing at the moment

I've carried out my skills at a different company. I should've had a foreman position if I was still with them but lacking on my end I had to be let go, just to see what I had to do to improve myself in this work fields. Thank you

Position depending

Awesome field employees Fair pay, provided all safety equipment. Stressful management. Flat roofing is physically demanding due to unorganized decisions, job planning and use of equipment

Pros

Gold mine

Cons

Stressful

Great Field staff

great guys to work side by side with, Management needs a lot of improvement. lots of advancement within the company to foreman and office positions....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flynn Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement