Flynn Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Productive and had fun with the roofing and metal crew
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 October 2018
My job was fun and learning knew work while working for the company and the men were ok to work with we worked as a team and that was good for all of us and I enjoyed having a Forman and manager that was also helping the men at work. I also enjoy our safety meeting in the morning.
Pros
we had breaks lunches were payed
Cons
hours were reasonable
Not a good company to work for .
Roofing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2018
Please avoid working for this company as the treat most of the roofers with utter contempt . The new management cannot be trusted and should work slacken off you will be left high and dry at a moments notice .

The new manger and Superintendent that they brought in from Toronto are the most cowardly men i have ever had the unfortunate experience to ever meet .

If you are a foreign worker you will be treated even worse .

Do yourself a favor and never ever work for a company that treats it work force so badly .
Pros
good money when you get work
Cons
you will be treated so badly by management
really great people
Roofer/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2018
Really great company people were great they treated you like family even though they are a big company lots of work and lots of hours health and Saftey is important
Bad Management
Sheet Metal Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 August 2018
sheet metal department manager had no idea about the job or leadership. Overtaken by qualified but incredibly lazy and irresponsable foremen.
A lot of dishonest competition and favouritism based on being a pet..
Pros
money on time
Great managed company.
foreman crew (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 May 2018
Having worked here for over five years I was able to be enrolled in a multitude of courses as well as lucky to attend events that were beneficial in a number of ways.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Moving up corporate ladder is difficult.
Flynn
IRON WORKER (STRUCTURAL) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
Overall projects were interesting and challenging. Opportunity to grow into better positions was not what I had hoped however, the experience was something I would recommend.
Very poor management
Roofer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2018
Do not recommend this company to any Canadian citizens you are treated second class. Been there for 6 months and have sat for more than 2 weeks wondering if there is any work with no temporary lay off. In addition the workmanship is the worst I have ever seen in all my years of roofing. Would not recommend this company to do anything for the roofing aspect on any building
Pros
Cons
Not enough space
Poor management
Flat Roofer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 March 2018
Poor management, office tends to not return phone calls, the workplace is great and the Forman’s are great to work for, all in all they could really use better management.
productive et agreable
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT13 March 2018
It was nice to work with new peoples and see changement around us .
Pros
work outside
Good Company
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2018
Very good company too work for, hours are great and you will always have a 3 day weekend. employees aren't very helpful at times and leave you on your own without any instructions.
average company
Industrial Roofer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 February 2018
average company to work for, guy I work with where good, very long day to work and the work was unsteady hours and no consistent hours, company was a bit disorganized at times. traveled long distances to job sights
Work all year round, room for promotion if you work hard. Money always in the bank with out fail on payday
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2018
Am an overseas worker brought over by Flynn just over 8 years ago and can say honestly that no other company matches the work load Flynn takes on (high profile projects) and Advanced opportunities. As with any company you have pros and cons but pros out weigh cons with Flynn, couple of examples: full time work - year round in the glazing dept, paye with out fail every week, lots of OT if interested, all safety training provided- with paye and just under 10% vacation paye added to your salary each week, the list goes on. All I can see that’s really asked as a must is that you show up and are willing to work as an individual and in a team. As with any company comes rules and polices all that’s asked is that they are followed and your time with Flynn will be grand.
A great place to work.
Field Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2018
A Fantastic Company to work for, They brought me over from the Uk 9 years ago and i have never looked back. All safety training is provided and if you are looking to advance your career theres no better place..
Pros
Work, life balance...
Cons
None really, Everything is going well.
Horrible management
sheeter (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 January 2018
horrible management, very poorly run, managers stealing from the company to benefit themselves, using company vehicles and gas cards for their own personal needs, there is so much FRAUD happening its very sad.. disrespectful in many ways, they do not appreciate what their workers do, you can never speak your mind or you will get laid off..company itself is great its how its run and who runs it..this is the capreol ontario or sudbury division
Pros
great pay/benefits
Cons
unreliable work, intimadating managers/bullies
Hate it
Roofer/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON8 January 2018
They dont take time to train non of the employees, they like to take advantage of the young labourers just starting out a career in the trades, flynn does not make it happen
Pros
Fall of the roof
Cons
Harness
Good compant
Journeyman cladder foreman (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 December 2017
Good company worked there for 7 years currently still do just looking for more work really enjoy working for this company things are just getting slow
Strong culture
Service Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 November 2017
I enjoyed being a part of the Flynn group of companies and the culture of being an industry leader. I gained a lot of knowledge on the planning and managing of projects and expanded my ability to lead as well as communicate with clients.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Hours/salary not so appealing
Terrible
Glazier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2017
Worked for them for over 9 years. Then they started shipping in workers from Europe and Mexico.
Laid off a bunch of experienced Canadian guys to make room for the new cheap, subsidized, labor force.
After they had us train them, of course.
Flynn will give you the shpeal about being part of the Flynn family and "it's not a job, it's a career" but that's all just a lure and lies.
Flynn is just your typical international conglomerate that cares more about its bottom line then it does about its workers or Canadians in general.
At Flynn you're not a name, you're a number on the balance sheet. Nothing more.
Pros
Decent wages and benifits
Cons
No securtiy, be ready to be replaced by cheaper workers.
fast pace and friendly enviorment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 November 2017
Worked on a flat roof. Not knowing anything about the trade they took me on and trained me. Good starting wage and year round work. Nice long hours and good company.
Not the best to work for
Glazier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta, Canada16 October 2017
The company is managed by a group of people that don't care about their employees.

They recruit foreign workers for doing the Canadian jobs, and as soon as the employees show the smallest sign of independence they get sacked.

You may ask so what? The trouble is that you go to Canada on a specific work permit, which means that if you get fired, under NO circumstances you are allowed to work for any other company.

So you have to go back home. But what if you gave up everything back home so that you can make a new life in Canada? Who cares....

My recommendation: don't take a job with Flynn unless you can swallow your pride entirely and be a slave for as long as they want you
Pros
Average salary, paid on time
Cons
No job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flynn Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.