Flynn Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Horrible management
sheeter (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 January 2018
horrible management, very poorly run, managers stealing from the company to benefit themselves, using company vehicles and gas cards for their own personal needs, there is so much FRAUD happening its very sad.. disrespectful in many ways, they do not appreciate what their workers do, you can never speak your mind or you will get laid off..company itself is great its how its run and who runs it..this is the capreol ontario or sudbury division
Pros
great pay/benefits
Cons
unreliable work, intimadating managers/bullies
Hate it
Roofer/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON8 January 2018
They dont take time to train non of the employees, they like to take advantage of the young labourers just starting out a career in the trades, flynn does not make it happen
Pros
Fall of the roof
Cons
Harness
Good compant
Journeyman cladder foreman (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 December 2017
Good company worked there for 7 years currently still do just looking for more work really enjoy working for this company things are just getting slow
Terrible
Glazier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2017
Worked for them for over 9 years. Then they started shipping in workers from Europe and Mexico.
Laid off a bunch of experienced Canadian guys to make room for the new cheap, subsidized, labor force.
After they had us train them, of course.
Flynn will give you the shpeal about being part of the Flynn family and "it's not a job, it's a career" but that's all just a lure and lies.
Flynn is just your typical international conglomerate that cares more about its bottom line then it does about its workers or Canadians in general.
At Flynn you're not a name, you're a number on the balance sheet. Nothing more.
Pros
Decent wages and benifits
Cons
No securtiy, be ready to be replaced by cheaper workers.
fast pace and friendly enviorment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 November 2017
Worked on a flat roof. Not knowing anything about the trade they took me on and trained me. Good starting wage and year round work. Nice long hours and good company.
Not the best to work for
Glazier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta, Canada16 October 2017
The company is managed by a group of people that don't care about their employees.

They recruit foreign workers for doing the Canadian jobs, and as soon as the employees show the smallest sign of independence they get sacked.

You may ask so what? The trouble is that you go to Canada on a specific work permit, which means that if you get fired, under NO circumstances you are allowed to work for any other company.

So you have to go back home. But what if you gave up everything back home so that you can make a new life in Canada? Who cares....

My recommendation: don't take a job with Flynn unless you can swallow your pride entirely and be a slave for as long as they want you
Pros
Average salary, paid on time
Cons
No job security
Adult's acting like kids and kids needing to act like adults.
Roofing Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 October 2017
Strong armed out by my foreman simply so he could have the larger phalis. overall it was nice, but the lack of fact checking being done in situations of power being exploited in the calgary region needs an investigation.
Pros
pay
Cons
matt
great company
Sheet metal worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2017
Flynn was a great company to work for tons of work treated their guys better than most places always had work on the go and projects lined up for the future
Roofer/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Surrey bc22 April 2017
Probably one of the best places I've ever worked at great people awesome work environment no complaints here it's not just a roofing company they do wall panels and glazing also I've been there for two years and it feels like everyday is great to be at work
poorly organized
Red Seal Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2017
I feel that flynn glazing is not the best place for my skills to be used. Flynn is very slow with production and as a red seal i tried to better imporve production and feild installation.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Want to know more about Flynn Group of Companies?

Ask a question
The best 50 managed companies in Canada
Senior Accounts Receivable Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2017
Flynn Canada Ltd. is a very good company to work with. I have learnt a lot in all these years by working in this company. It is a growing company and expanding throughout in US.
Terrible management to much micro management
Service foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary28 January 2017
I was a expert in my field many years of experience. Yet management neglected to respect that. Profit came before all else. Including safety. In 38 years of experience in both union and none union work environment this had to be my worse experience.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management style, micro management
Hard work
Roofer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 December 2016
Hard work, roofing over the Ottawa region. Big hours, yet not stable. Some new construction and some renovation. Have to be ready physically and mentally to face any type of weather.
Pros
Room n board
fun but tough
Installer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 November 2016
set up scaffolds and secure guardrails,move materials,cut sheets as required, measuring and installing
have learned safety issue and
co-workers are mostly good and helpful
winter time is hard on sites especially on roofs
Metals and Cladding Estimator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2016
Even though I wasn't there very long (7 months), I would recommend Flynn to anyone looking for a job in the construction sector. Everyone was kind and welcoming, and made it a pleasure to be a part of.
Pros
Competitive
Cons
Fast-paced
Great wage and great to work for.
2 nd year apprentice roofing (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2016
Great place to work for . The owner is always looking to improve his company. Always makes sure we have work. Safety is always improving I'm never sacred to work here.
Pros
Great wage
Cons
No vaction pay
Great place and people to work with.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2016
Awesome and shall be missed. Joe was the best and my favorite, by far, employer. Flynn Canada Ltd. treats their employees wonderfully and respectfully.
job was very productive
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 August 2016
Flynn Canada was a good job with good and friendly employers and employees. I learned a lot from from about how to do roofing and other shorts of labourer jobs.
great place to work
Roofing Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2016
Everyday was the same. We had fun and made sure that all of our tasks were done to the best of our ability. I had a wonderful group of people who laughed and joked and made the work day more enjoyable.
Pros
great wages
Cons
Great place to work if you like being laid off.
Flat Roofer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 June 2016
Great place to work, if you don't mind being laid off in the summer for months at a time, because apparently there are no jobs. For such a big company, it makes no sense that they have no jobs for the summer. Basically if you have senority you get the vip treatment. New employee's get laid off. So if you have a family to support, I wouldn't recommend working here. When you are working they do take care of you. Great group of people to work with. Excellent benefit package, great wages.
Pros
great wages, benefits.
Cons
laid off during peak season.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flynn Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9