Flynn Group of Companies

Flynn Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Great company to work for. Really took care of me as a roofer right up to the point where a new service manager pushed me to transfer to another branch because he wanted a couple of his buddies working under him. I transferred to another branch but travel became an issue after a couple years ,then mom took sick and had to go to no to care for her., but was an excellent employee and foreman for the company and really loved my job
Benefits
Cons
Winter layoffs
If you are looking to work somewhere that will allow you to excel in your role and open up opportunities for you based on your performance? Look somewhere else.
Pros
On site cafeteria
Cons
Workplace environment
This company does not care enough for there employees I told them I had to leave for school and they said I quit instead of laying me off so I would get ei compensation to better my career
Waited a year to post this, cause usually by now I left the company because of terrible management, bad culture, etc… what a difference it makes working for the big boys. No rookie initiation, no yelling, and best of all steady hours and benefits. My wife is happy 😊 Thank you Flynn.
Pros
Not the usual roofing culture
Cons
I'm probably biased cause of where I worked before, but no complaint.
There is an elite group of people at this company that are liked by upper management regardless of their experience or qualifications.You can work as hard as you like for this company but unless you are one of the chosen ones you will never be given a chance to progress unless you are one of the favored ones? I know what I am talking about as I spent 15 years there and saw many idiots promoted ahead of me just because they were favored from above? There are some really nice people there but sadly they will always be overlooked for idiots that they like from above? Could have been a really elite company if they had promoted the right people instead of the brown nosed brigade.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Expected long hours
Generous holiday gifts from the company Leader in the industry Improvement area: better work and life balance. better opportunitiy of job advancement and continuous learning opportunities
Communication from mid management is conflicting and delivered with a sledge hammer. Disconnect between management and working crews. I am speaking for the roofing department only as there are lots of great individuals that work there.
Management stopped caring and started hiring and giving promotions to friends and family and not by experience. This ultimately ruined an amazing work experience with a company that was showing so much growth both financially and work-wise. The most enjoyable part of the job was the everyday interactions with some people and the willingness to teach from some veteran workers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people with little to no experience that think they know more than the employees that have been in the field for 30+ years.
I've carried out my skills at a different company. I should've had a foreman position if I was still with them but lacking on my end I had to be let go, just to see what I had to do to improve myself in this work fields. Thank you
Awesome field employees Fair pay, provided all safety equipment. Stressful management. Flat roofing is physically demanding due to unorganized decisions, job planning and use of equipment
Pros
Gold mine
Cons
Stressful
great guys to work side by side with, Management needs a lot of improvement. lots of advancement within the company to foreman and office positions....
I fount the work was routine and not very challenging. You are left to do your work without being micromanaged Some broken promises made by management however overall great company and co-workers. HR only has gum no teeth.
Its a good place to work, the people are nice and it is enjoyable. People are good teavhers and the work is hard and physcially demanding. It is a good place to work good benifits
Managment is very bad. Salaries somehow ok. Unless you are part of one of the communities in the company , you are going nowhere. Better to avoid this company.
A day in the workplace is safe, organized, and productive. It teaches how to be a safe, responsible team member, and carry out tasks and leadership. The hardest part of the job is being physically fit and the most enjoyable part is to see a well done job.
A typical day in the office is 9 hours long which is WAY too long. They constantly hire people on contracts so they can avoid giving benefits and other perks. They are exempt from the ESA because they're a construction company so they use that to get away with doing a lot. They don't trust any new hires and do not properly investigate certain situations that come to their attention. You can't trust anyone; not even your own team.
I was young, they took a chance on me and I am grateful! Good benefits, the recession hit and I had to find other work otherwise I would probably still be there!
The best think happened in my life. Work in Flynn is my dream come true. Thank you by the support. The team worker is the best. The duties are very clear.
Pros
Pizza time. Respect. Good environment to work.
Cons
Nothing no complains
Ive always looked forward to working for Flynn being a roofer until i got there.. St Johns branch of Flynn is a JOKE... giving that big company such a bad name..right from the office to the roof top .. they tell you everything you want to hear to get you there until your there and realize its the complete OPPOSITE.. Poor management completley... its all abunch of cut throat hillbillys Pays good but they never work and when they do all they do is smoke pot all day.. i would not reccommend working for the St Johns location to anybody . As for most other branches i would give a complete opposite opinion. A higher power really needs to filter through the personel and get new employees there asap.. they lose more guys then they can hold.. not a healthy work place at all.
Pros
Fair Wages
Cons
Complete Shxt Show
This is a business who have large ambitions The culture promotes safety quite strongly. Not because they care about the employees. The reason is that this reduces their compliance costs. They import a large number of workers form overseas. Generally good workers. They pay well. They demand a lot of overtime, and this can wear one out over time.
Pros
Big company. Organized systems
Cons
Big company, Everyone is a number, . Long hours, Very political
Good managers. This a great place to grow and kearn new things. Good place to make a start of life. Also alots of avenues to explore in job areas.....
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very hands on job