Flynn Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Great managed company.
foreman crew (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 May 2018
Having worked here for over five years I was able to be enrolled in a multitude of courses as well as lucky to attend events that were beneficial in a number of ways.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Moving up corporate ladder is difficult.
Flynn
IRON WORKER (STRUCTURAL) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
Overall projects were interesting and challenging. Opportunity to grow into better positions was not what I had hoped however, the experience was something I would recommend.
Very poor management
Roofer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2018
Do not recommend this company to any Canadian citizens you are treated second class. Been there for 6 months and have sat for more than 2 weeks wondering if there is any work with no temporary lay off. In addition the workmanship is the worst I have ever seen in all my years of roofing. Would not recommend this company to do anything for the roofing aspect on any building
Pros
Cons
Not enough space
productive et agreable
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT13 March 2018
It was nice to work with new peoples and see changement around us .
Pros
work outside
Good Company
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2018
Very good company too work for, hours are great and you will always have a 3 day weekend. employees aren't very helpful at times and leave you on your own without any instructions.
average company
Industrial Roofer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 February 2018
average company to work for, guy I work with where good, very long day to work and the work was unsteady hours and no consistent hours, company was a bit disorganized at times. traveled long distances to job sights
Work all year round, room for promotion if you work hard. Money always in the bank with out fail on payday
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2018
Am an overseas worker brought over by Flynn just over 8 years ago and can say honestly that no other company matches the work load Flynn takes on (high profile projects) and Advanced opportunities. As with any company you have pros and cons but pros out weigh cons with Flynn, couple of examples: full time work - year round in the glazing dept, paye with out fail every week, lots of OT if interested, all safety training provided- with paye and just under 10% vacation paye added to your salary each week, the list goes on. All I can see that’s really asked as a must is that you show up and are willing to work as an individual and in a team. As with any company comes rules and polices all that’s asked is that they are followed and your time with Flynn will be grand.
A great place to work.
Field Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2018
A Fantastic Company to work for, They brought me over from the Uk 9 years ago and i have never looked back. All safety training is provided and if you are looking to advance your career theres no better place..
Pros
Work, life balance...
Cons
None really, Everything is going well.
Horrible management
sheeter (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 January 2018
horrible management, very poorly run, managers stealing from the company to benefit themselves, using company vehicles and gas cards for their own personal needs, there is so much FRAUD happening its very sad.. disrespectful in many ways, they do not appreciate what their workers do, you can never speak your mind or you will get laid off..company itself is great its how its run and who runs it..this is the capreol ontario or sudbury division
Pros
great pay/benefits
Cons
unreliable work, intimadating managers/bullies
Hate it
Roofer/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON8 January 2018
They dont take time to train non of the employees, they like to take advantage of the young labourers just starting out a career in the trades, flynn does not make it happen
Pros
Fall of the roof
Cons
Harness
Good compant
Journeyman cladder foreman (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 December 2017
Good company worked there for 7 years currently still do just looking for more work really enjoy working for this company things are just getting slow
Strong culture
Service Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 November 2017
I enjoyed being a part of the Flynn group of companies and the culture of being an industry leader. I gained a lot of knowledge on the planning and managing of projects and expanded my ability to lead as well as communicate with clients.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Hours/salary not so appealing
Terrible
Glazier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2017
Worked for them for over 9 years. Then they started shipping in workers from Europe and Mexico.
Laid off a bunch of experienced Canadian guys to make room for the new cheap, subsidized, labor force.
After they had us train them, of course.
Flynn will give you the shpeal about being part of the Flynn family and "it's not a job, it's a career" but that's all just a lure and lies.
Flynn is just your typical international conglomerate that cares more about its bottom line then it does about its workers or Canadians in general.
At Flynn you're not a name, you're a number on the balance sheet. Nothing more.
Pros
Decent wages and benifits
Cons
No securtiy, be ready to be replaced by cheaper workers.
fast pace and friendly enviorment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 November 2017
Worked on a flat roof. Not knowing anything about the trade they took me on and trained me. Good starting wage and year round work. Nice long hours and good company.
Not the best to work for
Glazier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta, Canada16 October 2017
The company is managed by a group of people that don't care about their employees.

They recruit foreign workers for doing the Canadian jobs, and as soon as the employees show the smallest sign of independence they get sacked.

You may ask so what? The trouble is that you go to Canada on a specific work permit, which means that if you get fired, under NO circumstances you are allowed to work for any other company.

So you have to go back home. But what if you gave up everything back home so that you can make a new life in Canada? Who cares....

My recommendation: don't take a job with Flynn unless you can swallow your pride entirely and be a slave for as long as they want you
Pros
Average salary, paid on time
Cons
No job security
great company
Sheet metal worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2017
Flynn was a great company to work for tons of work treated their guys better than most places always had work on the go and projects lined up for the future
Roofer/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Surrey bc22 April 2017
Probably one of the best places I've ever worked at great people awesome work environment no complaints here it's not just a roofing company they do wall panels and glazing also I've been there for two years and it feels like everyday is great to be at work
poorly organized
Red Seal Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2017
I feel that flynn glazing is not the best place for my skills to be used. Flynn is very slow with production and as a red seal i tried to better imporve production and feild installation.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
The best 50 managed companies in Canada
Senior Accounts Receivable Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2017
Flynn Canada Ltd. is a very good company to work with. I have learnt a lot in all these years by working in this company. It is a growing company and expanding throughout in US.
Terrible management to much micro management
Service foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary28 January 2017
I was a expert in my field many years of experience. Yet management neglected to respect that. Profit came before all else. Including safety. In 38 years of experience in both union and none union work environment this had to be my worse experience.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management style, micro management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flynn Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.