Flynn Group of Companies

Flynn Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Canada75 reviews
Could be a great place to work, communication is a problem in the roofing department
Communication from mid management is conflicting and delivered with a sledge hammer. Disconnect between management and working crews. I am speaking for the roofing department only as there are lots of great individuals that work there.
Amazing office experience but horrible if you work in any other field (Siding)
Management stopped caring and started hiring and giving promotions to friends and family and not by experience. This ultimately ruined an amazing work experience with a company that was showing so much growth both financially and work-wise. The most enjoyable part of the job was the everyday interactions with some people and the willingness to teach from some veteran workers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people with little to no experience that think they know more than the employees that have been in the field for 30+ years.
Nothing at the moment
I've carried out my skills at a different company. I should've had a foreman position if I was still with them but lacking on my end I had to be let go, just to see what I had to do to improve myself in this work fields.

Position depending
Awesome field employees
Fair pay, provided all safety equipment.

Stressful management. Flat roofing is physically demanding due to unorganized decisions, job planning and use of equipment
Pros
Gold mine
Cons
Stressful
Great Field staff
great guys to work side by side with, Management needs a lot of improvement. lots of advancement within the company to foreman and office positions....
Structured and safe
I fount the work was routine and not very challenging.
You are left to do your work without being micromanaged

Some broken promises made by management however overall great company and co-workers. HR only has gum no teeth.
Good
Its a good place to work, the people are nice and it is enjoyable. People are good teavhers and the work is hard and physcially demanding. It is a good place to work good benifits
Bad
Managment is very bad. Salaries somehow ok. Unless you are part of one of the communities in the company , you are going nowhere. Better to avoid this company.
Productive Work
A day in the workplace is safe, organized, and productive. It teaches how to be a safe, responsible team member, and carry out tasks and leadership. The hardest part of the job is being physically fit and the most enjoyable part is to see a well done job.
Extremely long hours, insecure job
A typical day in the office is 9 hours long which is WAY too long. They constantly hire people on contracts so they can avoid giving benefits and other perks. They are exempt from the ESA because they're a construction company so they use that to get away with doing a lot. They don't trust any new hires and do not properly investigate certain situations that come to their attention. You can't trust anyone; not even your own team.
Good Company
I was young, they took a chance on me and I am grateful! Good benefits, the recession hit and I had to find other work otherwise I would probably still be there!
Respect, friendly, safety very important.
The best think happened in my life. Work in Flynn is my dream come true.

Thank you by the support. The team worker is the best. The duties are very clear.
Pros
Pizza time. Respect. Good environment to work.
Cons
Nothing no complains
St Johns Branch
Ive always looked forward to working for Flynn being a roofer until i got there.. St Johns branch of Flynn is a JOKE... giving that big company such a bad name..right from the office to the roof top .. they tell you everything you want to hear to get you there until your there and realize its the complete OPPOSITE..

Poor management completley... its all abunch of cut throat hillbillys

Pays good but they never work and when they do all they do is smoke pot all day.. i would not reccommend working for the St Johns location to anybody . As for most other branches i would give a complete opposite opinion.

A higher power really needs to filter through the personel and get new employees there asap.. they lose more guys then they can hold.. not a healthy work place at all.
Pros
Fair Wages
Cons
Complete Shxt Show
A big company
This is a business who have large ambitions
The culture promotes safety quite strongly.

Not because they care about the employees.

The reason is that this reduces their compliance costs.

They import a large number of workers form overseas.

Generally good workers.

They pay well.

They demand a lot of overtime, and this can wear one out over time.
Pros
Big company. Organized systems
Cons
Big company, Everyone is a number, . Long hours, Very political
Good enviorment
Good managers. This a great place to grow and kearn new things. Good place to make a start of life. Also alots of avenues to explore in job areas.....
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very hands on job
Great Company
Worked there for a couple of months liked the job, enjoyed working with others, working at Flynn you do need to be on top of what you need to be done.
No job security no respect to its feild workers
A bad company to work for as the managment have no respect for any field workers or foremen
Just a big game of who can throw you under the bus the fastest

Complacency is well set in in Managment
Pros
Union wage
Cons
No job security
Fun workplace
It is a great company to work for with friendly work environment and lots to learn. Managers have always been helpful. I never had any issues. Great company to work for. The only bad thing is that there is less growth opportunities here.
Productive and had fun with the roofing and metal crew
My job was fun and learning knew work while working for the company and the men were ok to work with we worked as a team and that was good for all of us and I enjoyed having a Forman and manager that was also helping the men at work. I also enjoy our safety meeting in the morning.
Pros
we had breaks lunches were payed
Cons
hours were reasonable
Not a good company to work for .
Please avoid working for this company as the treat most of the roofers with utter contempt . The new management cannot be trusted and should work slacken off you will be left high and dry at a moments notice .

The new manger and Superintendent that they brought in from Toronto are the most cowardly men i have ever had the unfortunate experience to ever meet .

If you are a foreign worker you will be treated even worse .

Do yourself a favor and never ever work for a company that treats it work force so badly .
Pros
good money when you get work
Cons
you will be treated so badly by management
really great people
Really great company people were great they treated you like family even though they are a big company lots of work and lots of hours health and Saftey is important
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flynn Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.