Flying J Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Cook/Food preparer (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 January 2018
My typical day at work is usually smooth. I learned all the jobs had I to do as a cook. The hardest part of my job is waking up early at 5.00 am . the most enjoyable part of the job is to prepare food customers. The workplace culture is very nice.
Pros
50 percent off on food
Cons
job hours
Don't bother here
Sudway sandwich artist and cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON13 September 2017
The place is filled with drama and employees who do not want to be there. The management is awful. He does not know how to run a store. Since the place has opened it has lost more employees then record. They need to change their management.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Stay away from there
Night Supervisor At The Flying J (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB9 September 2017
Please dont work here management are liars worst place to work no pay increases morals low in the whole building everyone who works there hates there jobs
Def Driver
Fuel Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  London Ontario Canada10 August 2017
Best company and people I have had the pleasure to work for.
trucks are maintained to the highest level, my bosses always bent over backwards to help me in family emergencies, never worked with better people and id still be there now but I moved overseas closer to family.
Thank you Flying J.
Pros
discounted deli food and free coffe and soft drinks in all the stores for employees
Cons
i cant say there are any.
fun place but some truckers are sinicle
Cashier/ Retail Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON14 July 2017
the atmosphere was very fast paced, gogogo, kind of style work when its a blizzard, highways are closed, and you are short staffed for the odd 15 people wanting showers food products and much much more.
A typical day
Merchandiser (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC22 June 2017
I learnt how to be a good leader and how to succeed at your job. My manager really took me under his wing to ensure that I had all the tools that I needed for my future work life.
Pros
The Workers
Cons
The salary
New to Canada
Office Manager- Accounting/Administration (Former Employee) –  Headingly, Mb8 June 2017
Very busy, was new to Canada when I worked there. Lots of confusing information and systems that did not work. Lousy management team at that time. Need to change management team
Pros
Good employees
Cons
lousy management
Not a great job went home in tears more than once
Server (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB10 April 2017
The job was fine when I first started but then we would work short handed. Management were bullys. I was willing to work any shift they asked and work overtime but if for some reason I couldn't stay late one shift they made you feel bad about it. They best part were the customers I love people. The hardest was working alone and being overwhelmed by a 300 person restaurant and no help it was difficult.
When they had an opening for any other position they tended to hire outside and not promote the serve staff.
Pros
Great tips
Cons
Management favortism
Productive place to work
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Headingley, MB9 April 2017
Management is good. Must be able to work different shifts. Environment is good. Must be able to keep up with tasks, get very busy. Learned lots of cashier skills and food handling skills.
Not be best job in to world. The managment needs a full revamp
Deli/Pizza (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON20 July 2016
Low on staff and needs a revamp on managers as well as they should have surprise visits for corporate

There is never been enough help or team work they seem to only want to get the profits then care about there staff.
Pros
Busy place to work
Cons
Not enough staff
Fun place to work great team work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2016
my typical day at work would be meeting new people handle all tasks that were requested sometimes it would get boring and at times it would be fun my co-workers were fun to work with very nice people but i was not getting paid to good my most enjoyable thing to do was stock up the products.
Pros
50 percent discount
Fun place to work
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2016
-typical day at work includes a lot of duties to be handled
-I learned how to use a cash register and how a pump operates and what to do in emergency if oil is spilled
-co-workers are really funny and good friends
-hardest part of the job is when it gets busy or when the business is short in staff
Pros
When it gets quiet its really easy
Cons
When its busy, it can get really hard
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC8 January 2016
a typical day of work consisted of working with the staf in completing the tasks in the day examples:cleaning the stores on my nite shift for closing.what i learned was how to keep customers happy.management was great.co-workers were awsome.hardest part of job there was none.most enjoyable part was working with co-workers and having a friendly work environment.
does notcare about employees
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC16 November 2015
flying j was s company that did not care about its employess, i enjoyed working with the colleagues and meeting new people
an ok place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Canada13 January 2015
a very stressful place to work, with little pay.

served customers, kept an eye on customers inside and outside,
j ' aime me sentir important
Gérant général (restaurant/c-store) (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil, napanee,calgary,napierville.17 December 2014
j'aime avoir des défis ou me sentir important ...mais tout en sachant que nous devons toujours travailler en équipe ...et respecter notre équipe...
pour gagner la confiance de l`équipe , nous devons diriger tout en montrant l'exemple à suivre(procédures ou marches à suivre)...
Pros
formation continue
Cons
pas vraiment
Awsome and Interesting place to work at
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2014
Lots of stuff to learn
Meeting new people everyday
Really hard to find maintenance employees
Customer service
Pros
Paid 20 minutes break
Accounting /Administrative Manager
Accounting/Admin. Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2014
Accounting, paper work. Accounts payable and collections. Developed good time management and team work skills. Administrative-hire, train. Had a good team that never gave up
Pros
team work
Cons
Productive, busy , sociable employment, and paid weekly
Cashier/janitorial/kitchen (Former Employee) –  Hope, BC20 May 2014
On a typical day at work there were things to fix, either a till , or a debit machine , or the pumps went offline , so we had to work together.
I learned teamwork , and developed patience and a sense of humour
Management was very friendly
The hardest part of the job was helping people who were waiting ,when they needed to get going.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know where people came from, the tourists from Austria, Sweden, Germany, etc.
Pros
Really nice coworkers
Cons
Worked 10 days in a row sometimes
Night shift
Night time cashier (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 April 2014
I was on night shift I did cash, cleanup, stocking and laundry.