Flying Colours Corp

Flying Colours Corp Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
Very top heavy. No planning. Aggressive time lines. No wage increases. Bad benefits. Good workers. Poor management. No communication or appreciation. Has potential.
This was fast paced with high demands as close to perfection in production as humanely possible. Our work was always checked to client and company specifications. I am a perfectionist in nature so this type of stress and demand is up my alley. I learned the importance of being a team member and new sewing/ upholstering skills.The job was a dream job for me but we moved further away so I decided to try to find a job heading closer to home or in Belleville way.
I don't have much to say than people need to move on and figure things out for themselves.

I at a certain stage in my life where I need to make better changes for myself and my family.
Low pay no room for advancement unless you're in the management's inner circle Christmas bonus for management only shift work and just a horrible work atmosphere
Working for this company has helped me understand the importance of team work. The culture of this workplace was phenomenal as it focussed on the collective rather than the individual. That was the most enjoyable part of this job for me.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Hard labour.
If you can basically manage your position on your own with very little direction, this is an ok place to work. The people are great to work with and they're pretty flexible with schedules. If the planning was better and the management came down a bit off of their high horses, it would be a good place to get up and go to every day.
Pros
Flexible, Secure
Cons
Lies, Poor management, Limited benefits, Low pay
I work at flying colors and was a great place to work, only reason I left was due to the fact that I ad to travel from Toronto to peterbourgh every weekend to see my family
Pros
good hours
Cons
it was to far for me
Worst place to ever think of working. The management are cowards who lye to their workers and fear their bosses. Everyone looks over their shoulders constantly. If you love kissing a&$ and backstabbing people then this is a perfect place for you.
Pros
You can feel good about lying to other liars
Cons
You have to deal with the fact that you lowered your standards to work there
I was a manager for 18 months and the culture on the floor was one of fear of upper management. there was little loyalty from the company for floor staff and the turnover rate seemed high. Although the work itself was interesting, the lack of seamless flow was a constant source of frustration for management and floor staff.
Pros
Peterborough location is a great place to live
Cons
upper management was deceitful
Flying colours is growing. very busy all the time more suitable for employees who are trade oriented. The wages are good and benefits are also great company to work for
Work the jobs of 3 people, for low compensation. No job security, high turnover. Learned that family businesses can be sketchy. Hardest part is dealing with management Best part was other staff. Look elsewhere.
long day12 hr day. team work and safety and quality environment. friendly environment.
did testing ,repair,modification and troubleshooting avionics and electrical,

wiring and termination
Pros
company restaurant
average place to work.
typically 40 hour work weeks. some opportunity for over time.

people are friendly and easy to work with. A good starting place.
I enjoyed my time with the organization and appreciated the people and the knowledge I gained. If I hadn't relocated then I would have remained with Flying Colours Corp.
Good company with a lot of work going on. New projects all the time and lots of security there. Not terrible hours and lots of friendly people to work around.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Peterborough
the people make your days go by fast, you are able to grow in the company. There is job security, and they allow you to do certificates to benefit you in the future.
Good people, good pay, good hours, Just dont let the work take over your personal life. If your prove yourself worthy in the company you can get a raise within the first 2 years of working there.
The people I worked with were awesome. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Like everywhere else, they'll like you if you do your job.
Pros
Everyone is nice. They have BBQs during the summer and company Christmas
I Really enjoyed my time working at Flying Colours Corp. It has helped me to improve me skills based off the knowledge given. Not only that the people that you work with there keep the day entertaining,
Cons
shift work
The job is probly one of the coolest jobs but the pay is terrible, the work place additude is poor and the managment is terrible. A average worker earns 30-40k a year a manger 80-100k and you can move sideways but not up unless your freinds with a manager, in which case you can start at 80-100k.
Pros
It pays most of the bills
Cons
Long hours and poor wages
Low pay and high expectations. Management talks behind employees backs to other management and "favoured" employees.

Pitiful raises if you get any at all. Limited benefits no pension.

Little job security. If you have any complaints about the job the response is "we will find someone else to fill your spot"

Management is very eager to lay blame and point fingers.

No room to move in the company.

Owner feels like he owns every aspect of your life and won't even acknowledge that your in the room with him, even if its just the two of you.

Avoid at all costs. The media makes this place sound like a dream job. When in reality it will be your worst nightmare.
Pros
free coffee, thats about it
Cons
everything else that isent the free coffee