Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Company has an excellent Safety culture and recognizes thier employees hard work.
4th Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2018
The jobsite is a fast paced environment with many working parts. Safety is a main priority. Management is down to earth with us workers. As a tradesman, I found the morale to be positive and there was no hitches in our schedules and pay.
Fluor is an outstanding construction company with alot of depth, great people, experience and knowledge
Area Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC24 January 2018
Fluor as an EPCM has a lot of depth with strong engineering, home office support and a diverse and extensive manpower base to draw from. Fluor's safety program and culture is also very well supported and the field level safety advisors are second to none. The Cutbank ridge program was a challenge in that I got parachuted into a struggling project and a client with very high expectations and an accelerated schedule that no one felt was achievable. Fluor's workplace culture I felt was a bit lacking as a progressive team culture. The relationship with the works contractor was also very poor. Turning the culture around, getting everyone to take ownership, look for and push solutions to the many issues and setbacks that come with major construction and still achieving the MC date was something that every single person on that site took away as a personal win and are better for it.
Achieving this with a world class safety culture and was outstanding.
Mentoring and bringing a team together is always my most enjoyable part of any project. Sending those people home unemployed at the end is sometimes the hardest.
Pros
Plenty of support and resources
Cons
Large is also cumbersome with plent of time consuming and constraining processes
Worst job with worst company.
Journeymen Electrician (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB22 January 2018
Worked in a refinery as electrician with Fluor and found it the worst company. Top management is stupid and racist. Think twice before before joining.
Pros
Trademan
Cons
racist
Oil sands work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 January 2018
Company was decent to work for. like any big company it had its problems with management. overall decent place to work and the camp provided where in decent shape as well
Fluor gives their employees the freedom to learn and grow.
Project Controls Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2018
Fluor has many different disciplines within the company and offers employees lots of areas to improve and grow their skills. The company provides training and challenges their employees to continue to learn and seek interest in the companies business strategies as one team and one Fluor.
good to work for
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 January 2018
good company to work for, great wages, job security, job attitude, fairly laid back. at the whims of the prime client, i enjoyed working for them even though it was seasonal and short term
Good company to work if there are enough projects
Associate Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2018
Very typical EPC company, when there are projects, they treat you well and expect you to work hard as a return. In the down market with fewer projects, don't expect them to keep you, as soon as your project finish, they will let you go without hesitation, which actually makes sense in this industry, just be prepared.
Ok not the best
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2017
If your not in the click your out
Don't give you much notice I was laid off in the dec before xmas and was not told till the new year so had to travel back up to get tools and clear my rental
They also dont give youy a t200 to claim back your living expenses so you loose out on a lot of money
Dont expect you to have a family life just a working life
Good company
Sr. Process Engineer/Process Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2017
Nice to work at Fluor.
- Everyone is focus on getting the job done.
- Flex working hours. Normally 9 hours a day, so that we got second Friday off.
- Good benefit.
Great work environment with great knowledgeable personnel.
Senior Designer, Design Supervisor, Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2017
Great company to work for. Aggressive schedules make work-life balance a challenge. Wages are competitive. The people on the floor are a pleasure to work with.
Decent place to work
Journeyman Structural Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB26 November 2017
Learned a lot about my trade. Friendly work environment with many different aspects in my trade to learn from. I enjoyed working with Fluor and other employee's.
Fluor is a very structured company capable of EPC projects worldwide
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2017
Every day was being part of a structured team working on a project with a defined schedule and cost controls. There were always challenges to satisfy the client to complete projects.
Worst company i ever worked for
4th Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB16 November 2017
Never had material or they had material i should say but would only dole out rarely they were trying to break our union Took over 1 month to get 3/8" washers,bolts .They were also the material vendor
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Low morale
Best place I ever worked
Project Engineer (P.Eng) (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL13 November 2017
PROS
Excellent culture
Great co-workers to work with
Management is great
Less politics compared to other large companies
Good pay
Good vacation days
Work is always different

CONS
May be relocated to site for 3-5 years at time
When market bad, lots of layoffs
Career Advancement, Leadership
Electrical Engineer/Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2017
It is a reputable and excellent organization to work for.
It has provided me with leadership roles along with career advancement from time to time.
It has an excellent work culture in the organization.
Pros
Lunch and Learns, Technical Seminars
Cons
Job unstability
Overall, Fluor is a good company
Financial Analyst I (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region9 November 2017
They support work life balance and pushes employees to grow and support their personal plans as well. Though the company, like other EPC, they are affected by oil price.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Bonus not guaranteed
Managers and Document Controllers were great, We worked as a team.
Document Controller - Assistant to Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 November 2017
My day was very busy, but went by very fast. I would arrive an hour early each morning and stay and hour late most days. The managers were great. Anything I needed help with or questions answered. They were reliable and dependable. It was a great environment to work in. It felt like family. I enjoyed my job and going to work each day.
Pros
Great salary
productive
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2017
They were a good company to work for. There was a wide variety of different electrical projects to work on, the management kept you busy and gave you a good work scope for the day.
Pros
good people to work with
Millwright/Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, Ca28 October 2017
Overall a very safety oriented company, since I started working with them we ran into few accidents. We would alway's make safety our number 1 priority.
Pros
Pay
Cons
n/a
Very fast paced environment with oppourtunity to learn alot.
Travel Coordinator/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC25 October 2017
Although the job was only a temporary it was a great way to learn about the oil and gas industry and make some great connections for possible future job oppourtunities. The pay was great and I learned a lot of great new skills.
Pros
great pay/people
Cons
only temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2