Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

The workplace is made of intelligent, competent, productive and hard working people.
Principal Design Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2018
I rate Fluor in the top 25% of all International Engineering firms.
A typical working day involves correspondence, reviewing Engineering documents and meetings.
Pros
Every day is a learning experience
Cons
Employment assignments are 1-2 years in duration.
was a camp job but the camps were nice
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 September 2018
Fluor has a good work ethic and has good communication between management and its employees. They are very focused on safety and making sure you go home at the end of the day.
overall
Construction technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2018
I worked long hours with good people.
I enjoyed the work most days.

I had a great opportunity to work in many different locations with many different people on many different projects.
Pros
good people
Cons
work life balance
It is the best place to work with fun working environment
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 September 2018
Salary is good
People are nice
Working environment are great
All projects to have big scales with million or billion dollar value
Job is not very secured
Great
Assist Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2018
Overall well-completed jobs as well as understanding coworkers who were always willing to help. Management was always there for the staff and cared about day to day operations.
Top Notch organization
Mechanical Completion / Turnover Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Suncor Fort Hills1 September 2018
Well managed, great people to work with and for fun people treated excellent by management, kept informed of corporate activities when at site, high degree of competence and professionalism all around.
fun atmosphere
Welder, North West Redwater (Former Employee) –  north west redwater30 August 2018
hard satisfiying work..other trades constantly stealing materials overall good company.contacted management but absolutely did nothing to solve the problem.
Excellent Company
Senior Construction Technician (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 August 2018
Although work is limited with Fluor right now, this is a great organization to work for with strong core values and community support. Management is welcoming of hearing ideas and encouraging learning.
good company to work for
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  NWR redwater29 August 2018
good company to work for long employment provided busing to come to work and bring me home gave me rain gear for when it was raining and water for when it was hot.
Excellent company to work for. Professional and willing to give you an opportunity to excel in your area of interest.
Pipefitter Foreman (Former Employee) –  NWR Redwater, alberta28 August 2018
Worked with a great team of trade professionals. I was tasked with overseeing various trades in the laydown in the beginning aspects of the job. Worked with ironworkers, electricians, teamsters, warehouse teamsters, scaffolders and boilermakers to name a few. Got the opportunity to work with some impressive superintendents and general superintendents, and make some solid contacts and connections.
Work in tent repair department
speshalist (Current Employee) –  JAF12 August 2018
Work with the flour company for 3yaers and 6month in tent repair depart ment i was have speshlist position and also lidership in thaer i have sertifecats i was travel very day to com in come out i was work frome six upto six evening it was agood time in there
Pros
I can speek 4 lungwichs
Cons
12Hours
Worked with a very good team of piping designers.
Technical Piping Lead/ lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2018
I have worked at Fluor in Canada and the UK on numerous occasions and always found the experience enjoyable and rewarding. In general I have always been lucky enough to work with a good team of piping designers. When a project is in full swing the average working days go very quickly with reviewing the model for continuity, answering technical questions from junior designers and other disciplines, attending meetings and keeping key documents up to date. With every new project you are always learning something new. The 3rd Gen modularization concept was new to me but made sense when you consider the limited on-site construction window due to adverse weather conditions in Canada. I love working in the the piping department as it seems to attract engineers who are hard working but who also know how to let their hair down at social events. Over the years I have met some great characters.
Pros
In house gym
Cons
long working days
Well laid out office and lunchroom complex
General Superintendent (Former Employee) –  NWR, Redwarer Alberta9 July 2018
Had great upper management, planning group and skilled support staff. Every work day started with a Safety/ tool box talk and stretches. Days were filled with planning, schedule, material update, execution and progress meetings. Hardest part of this job was working around material shortages and the most enjoyable part was being a part of the professional group of trades people that executed a safe and well built project.
Pros
Project was close to home
Cons
Large EPC company. Good Benefits and Pay. Under appreciated.
Document Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2018
Fluor is a large company and being a large company you tend to get lost. You aren't appreciated as much as you would be in a smaller company. Especially when work is slow you are just a number, doesn't matter your situation, just how much money they are willing to spend on you. However the years I have worked here have been prosperous. Good pay and benefits! But once they don't need you you are gone no matter what you did for them.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Flexible work schedule
Cons
You are just a number, no appreciation
World class EPC company
Material Planning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 July 2018
A proud employee of the Fluor procurement department for 10+ years. I worked in the Calgary home office and throughout the world on various assignments. The most rewarding job of my life!
Pros
Travelling the world
Cons
Being away from family
Friednly Enviroment
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canada, Vancouver and Kazakhstan, Atryau30 June 2018
Multicultural environment, challenges at work, learnt about new culture, was able to teach colleagues on my hobby - photography during my spare time. Supportive from management during the hardest time of the workload.
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
nothing to add
An amazing company to work for
Document Management (Former Employee) –  alberta19 June 2018
Loved the role with this company, always challenging, and allowed individuals to keep learning on the job. Job changes with each project, so variety.
Pros
good people to work with, opportunities to work away
Cons
follows oil prices so when low, lay offs occur
New Tech
Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2018
At Fluor, you can use new tech or advanced theory in your engineering practices to solve engineering problem, to inprove working efficiency and save costs for clients.
Engineering based and knowledge
Material handling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 May 2018
great area for learning and improvement
very big projects
multi discipline area
engineering procurement construction area
good colleagues
great online university
Excellent team oriented work place .
Journeyman Scaffolder/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills Alberta8 May 2018
A very safety team oriented place to work there .We would start our day with a short safety meeting , centered around what our task hazards would be . The management was excellent , they were truly concerned for our well being centered on our job safety and in general well-being .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2