Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Canada385 reviews
Great Company To Work For
Fluor Corp. is one of the best companies to work for. They treat people fair with fair compensation with a positive work environment and look out for their people.
fast paced demanding
Demanding position but staff and clients were excellent to work with. Exposed to many different types of projects and technologies. Hardest part of job could be waiting for decisions to be made by upper management.
Good job , enjoyed the complexity
Good job but lockout procedures we're not really taken seriously by NS FCCL supervision. I'm not sure they understood why you can't use 1/8' plate as an alternative to a 1"thick blind flange on firewater instead locking out on a satellite box. FCL was great and good management.
Pros
good salary, great guys all and all
Cons
Uncooperative GF and Super on NS
Professional Environment
Fluor is one of the best companies in the industry. They keep a number of their good engineers and working environment is the same as EPC companies schedule oriented and uncertain about future.
No fun, very depressive place
worst construction management and lowest quality of construction management personnel. Small gangsters of construction team, not taking the whole project as a whole team.
good company
Loved working for them but was let go due to a virus the swept the nation. hoping to return one day.Was treated very well. always taken care of. Its unfortunately that these things happens but when it does you do what is best and i they did just that,. So hopefully once the threat is no more. they can rehire me.
Great place to work. Everyone was very helpful
Fluor was an amazing company to work for. Everyone was very helpful and collaborative during my time there. I was able to do many different things while I was there which helped my growth as an employee.
Good as it gets
During my stint with Fluor (2013-2015) they were bringing on P2S Driver into the fold and change was the norm. Small company feel and safety was thing.
fast pace large scale construction
24 days on 4 days off, 12 hour days, living in a fly in/out camp, day and night shift, job had many challenges including schedule, manpower, and weather, managing manpower was hardest part of my job
Excellent experience
excellent experience for working at Fluor, I learnt a lot from other co workers and supervisors. people are helping each other and discuss solutions for any issues during the work.
Enjoyed my position at this company.
Well organized, friendly and positive outlook. I enjoyed working at this company. Had dead lines, which were met. Staff were helpful. Learned a lot and had to keep on top of things.
Fluor
Fluor is one of the world's largest publicly-traded engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and maintenance companies. Fluor works with Clients in diverse industries around the world to design, construct and maintain their capital projects.
Terrible for job security
Given the nature of the industry, there was absolutely no sense of job security and every few months people were being laid off which made for a stressful environment. The on boarding was non existent in the field offices for virtually every position, from entry level to management level which was surprising. There is an expectation of "forced fun", attending work related corporate functions on your own time which is rather irritating unless you enjoy giving up a day on your weekend to essentially be at work. There was also the surprise that you are expected to use your own personal credit card for travel or work related expenses and then wait for reimbursement from the company which was frequently late and no interest paid for creating late fee charges on your card.
Great workplace
great foreman but poor management because of job task quotas and pushing numbers for pencil pushers caused extra rework instead of doing it right the first time, More delays
Pros
A brotherhood love the work
Cons
management was god
Camp type work
Co-workers were fun and light hearted but we always got our work done. Management had an eye for safety and expected the best from their employees. Treated you fairly and with respect.
Good
Ot was a good company to work for they paid great had a lot of over time made good money got to try new things there wish the job did not end thanks for your time
High paced work places time and budget
I have always been treated and compensated fairly as an employee and contractor. All my assignments were out of town and when the assignments were completed if they had nothing for me to move on to they had no problem with me moving on to other companies and returning to them when that assignment was complete.
Pressure on a reactivate work plan
Working for this company is a great challenge. Fast paced work,based on reactive work plans. Poor communication. Limited resources to complete tasks.
High turnover in both supervisors as well as manpower.
Overall decent place to work.
Working in camp,Money was great hours of work good,good food THere is lot of politics in the upper management . I would recommend working there if you want get ahead,It can be stressful on your family life , but that is the sacrifice you have to make.,
Pros
Good money to be made, Excellent safety program.Paid travel accommodation .Food is good
Cons
always a money maker, lots of hours
Worked for them doing refinery construction and always made good cash, lots of hours, management is Freemason heavy so decent guys. You put in a good days work for a days pay and no issue. Any sense of trouble making and you’ll be let go instantly. Zero tolerance for drama queens, rats and bad attitudes.
International employer
Good experience working there and had a few different roles and learned a lot there through their internal courses and opportunities. Being in the energy sector, they are dependant on the market and therefore the career can be limiting. Good company to work for and I would certainly go back if the opportunity arose.