Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Found 325 reviews matching the search See all 3,853 reviews
Loved Fluor!
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 November 2018
I loved this company. worked there in 2011 and was stupid to leave. the management were great, supportive and actually cared about their work and the Project. Benefits were good as an employee and training/education was offered.
Work life balance was excellent.
Pros
Fluor Fridays (every second Friday off in Summer)
Cons
not many cons. cant think of any
Administrative assistant
Project Area Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2018
Awesome people to work for. Easy to deal with a different client. The work environment is fun. the culture of the workplace is fun. the hardest part of the job was not getting the docs on time.
pipefitter
Steamfitter/ Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL7 November 2018
I was a Pipefitter / steamfitter. It was not different than any other job. I would go to work for them again. I had no problems when I was working there.
Pros
pay
Cons
ended
very poor management
Design-Lead Piping Design - Suncor - ETF (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2018
Needs a complete over haul of management and people building their empires. The culure is that of compliance with not being able to think out of the box and to have excessive billing to clients because of so many levels of managment and refusing to be innovative
Pros
work
Cons
how the work process is done
Good Company
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2018
Fluor is good EPC company! It provides a lot of training opportunities and great benefits. Fluor has good reputations in Oil and Gas industry and is a leader in engineering design in this area.
Working for fluor driver
Quality Control Coordinator/ Welding Inspector Lv2 (Current Employee) –  Norman Wells, NT21 September 2018
A typical day of work has me on the phone with vendors to order materials such as Gate valves and pressure piping components. New work orders are constantly flowing in which I receive and review with the site manager. Next i start a field binder that the foremen & crews can work off. This will include compiling a job specific Inspection & Test Plan after engineering, code and client specifications have been reviewed and agreed upon, drafting piping isometrics and outlining critical hold points for NDE, Testing before the next step of the job can begin. Periodically throughout my two week shift in Norman Wells NT, I will be involved in welding inspection, flange bolt up and torque reviewing and witness hydro pressure testing of fabricated piping. As this is a very old plant many jobs pose challenges that are exciting to work with. Some examples are sourcing 30 yr old valve s that do not exist with replacements from over seas countries such as Australia, the UK etc. S then having to get an approved coating vendor set up to internally coat the valves as per client specifications and ship up to site in a timely manner. Since this is a maintenance work on Canadas most northern oilfield the logistics of getting materials by Ice road, Barge or Flight to site in time to meet schedule requirements can be a bit daunting at times. Never the less we have been maintaining ESSOs plant and Oil Field since 2016 and the client is generally happy with my work and our company as a whole as everyday there is something new for us to learn on this site. There is never a dull moment at this job, i  more... am constantly thinking outside the box to get each task completed in a safe and timely manner. I sometimes even run heavy equipment to help our such as a 25Ton loader snowballing the ice roads clear or being a labourer helper building scaffolds when we are in a crunch in this secluded location. I have no problem doing whatever is needed. the hardest part is being away from family for two weeks straight and the most enjoyable is working with a great bunch of guys who rely on me to direct them for what can and can't be done on their day to day work activities and constantly learning new things from all their work experience.  less
Pros
Working in a beautiful location on the Mackenzie River
Cons
Being away from my new daughter for two weeks at a time
The workplace is made of intelligent, competent, productive and hard working people.
Principal Design Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2018
I rate Fluor in the top 25% of all International Engineering firms.
A typical working day involves correspondence, reviewing Engineering documents and meetings.
Pros
Every day is a learning experience
Cons
Employment assignments are 1-2 years in duration.
Fantastic Learning Opportunity
Withheld (Former Employee) –  withheld11 September 2018
I joined Fluor with customer service and basic office skills. I did not have any prior experience in the engineering industry. My leaders at Fluor helped me gain tremendous knowledge and build new skills. I would still be there if the economic situation hadn't caused wide scale layoffs due to a lack of projects.
Pros
Supportive Teams
Cons
Poor work life balance due to long hours
was a camp job but the camps were nice
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 September 2018
Fluor has a good work ethic and has good communication between management and its employees. They are very focused on safety and making sure you go home at the end of the day.
overall
Construction technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2018
I worked long hours with good people.
I enjoyed the work most days.

I had a great opportunity to work in many different locations with many different people on many different projects.
Pros
good people
Cons
work life balance
It is the best place to work with fun working environment
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 September 2018
Salary is good
People are nice
Working environment are great
All projects to have big scales with million or billion dollar value
Job is not very secured
Great
Assist Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2018
Overall well-completed jobs as well as understanding coworkers who were always willing to help. Management was always there for the staff and cared about day to day operations.
Top Notch organization
Mechanical Completion / Turnover Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Suncor Fort Hills1 September 2018
Well managed, great people to work with and for fun people treated excellent by management, kept informed of corporate activities when at site, high degree of competence and professionalism all around.
fun atmosphere
Welder, North West Redwater (Former Employee) –  north west redwater30 August 2018
hard satisfiying work..other trades constantly stealing materials overall good company.contacted management but absolutely did nothing to solve the problem.
Excellent Company
Senior Construction Technician (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 August 2018
Although work is limited with Fluor right now, this is a great organization to work for with strong core values and community support. Management is welcoming of hearing ideas and encouraging learning.
good company to work for
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  NWR redwater29 August 2018
good company to work for long employment provided busing to come to work and bring me home gave me rain gear for when it was raining and water for when it was hot.
Excellent company to work for. Professional and willing to give you an opportunity to excel in your area of interest.
Pipefitter Foreman (Former Employee) –  NWR Redwater, alberta28 August 2018
Worked with a great team of trade professionals. I was tasked with overseeing various trades in the laydown in the beginning aspects of the job. Worked with ironworkers, electricians, teamsters, warehouse teamsters, scaffolders and boilermakers to name a few. Got the opportunity to work with some impressive superintendents and general superintendents, and make some solid contacts and connections.
Work in tent repair department
speshalist (Current Employee) –  JAF12 August 2018
Work with the flour company for 3yaers and 6month in tent repair depart ment i was have speshlist position and also lidership in thaer i have sertifecats i was travel very day to com in come out i was work frome six upto six evening it was agood time in there
Pros
I can speek 4 lungwichs
Cons
12Hours
Worked with a very good team of piping designers.
Technical Piping Lead/ lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2018
I have worked at Fluor in Canada and the UK on numerous occasions and always found the experience enjoyable and rewarding. In general I have always been lucky enough to work with a good team of piping designers. When a project is in full swing the average working days go very quickly with reviewing the model for continuity, answering technical questions from junior designers and other disciplines, attending meetings and keeping key documents up to date. With every new project you are always learning something new. The 3rd Gen modularization concept was new to me but made sense when you consider the limited on-site construction window due to adverse weather conditions in Canada. I love working in the the piping department as it seems to attract engineers who are hard working but who also know how to let their hair down at social events. Over the years I have met some great characters.
Pros
In house gym
Cons
long working days
Well laid out office and lunchroom complex
General Superintendent (Former Employee) –  NWR, Redwarer Alberta9 July 2018
Had great upper management, planning group and skilled support staff. Every work day started with a Safety/ tool box talk and stretches. Days were filled with planning, schedule, material update, execution and progress meetings. Hardest part of this job was working around material shortages and the most enjoyable part was being a part of the professional group of trades people that executed a safe and well built project.
Pros
Project was close to home
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2