Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Found 327 reviews matching the search See all 3,987 reviews
Toxic management
MILLWRIGHT (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 February 2019
Was laid off because I filed a harassment complaint. They will do whatever it takes to satisfy the customer and couldnt care less about FD employees. Union shop steward was appointed by FD management, not elected. Shop steward backed FD management and never questioned any decisions or actions.
Pros
Very few
Cons
More than I can list.
Learned alot
Camp and Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Oilsands22 January 2019
This company has the best safety culture I have encountered yet with extremely knowledgeable and experienced management team. Decent pay and take care of their employees.
Pros
Great management team to work for very knowledgeable.
Cons
No career advancement support.
Good paying company
Principal Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 January 2019
Pay is good, but job security is very difficult
Not enough opporunity to learn or to grow as they dont have enough budget for training.
If you are doing one thing you are expected not to do another thing
very little scope of advancement.
sometimes management acts funny.
Pros
lunch and learns
Cons
No further opportunity to grow
Good employee relations
Admin assistant (Current Employee) –  Admin assistant13 January 2019
They have good employee relations and management style.
They have fair promotions to the best employees.
good training programs which have provided opportunity for growth.
providing incentives like air ticket that motivates me.
Pros
they pay for vacation air ticket
Cons
long working hours
OK Company to work for
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB9 January 2019
Pay was good. Lots of confusion and change over in management.
Safety was half heartedly applied as long as it didnt cost anything. Lack of material was an ongoing issue.
IT Software and Hardware Technician (Lead)
Lead Technician for Dell (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2019
o PC Refresh
o Ran the ScanState command-line tool on each computer. ScanState saving each user state to a server.
o Installed Windows 7 and other software on the destination computer from image provided by DELL.
o Ran the LoadState command-line tool on each computer. LoadState restored each user state back to the source computer.
o Connected to network using user ID and administrator password and tested software.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Not full time
Work was fine, but managment too involved
Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 January 2019
Had management not felt the need to come out and interfere with work ever 4 hours, it would have been better. Nothing like being bird dogged by white hats.
Good money
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2018
Good money but had little time to myself but all and all it was a good job, i wish i could go back it. Management was great, good friends, and i enjoyed flying.
Enjoyed Working here
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB16 December 2018
I was given the opportunity to progress and learn the role of a foreman. I enjoyed my coworkers and communicating with other trades to learn their work practices. I felt appreciated and important to the company
Pros
great wage, happy morale
Excellent team approach
Field Engineering Manager, Vogtle Units (Former Employee) –  on site11 December 2018
Management and supervision worked well together under structured leadership and roles clearly understood in execution. For short term (1 year) that I was employed, Fluor attempted to steer the project in toward a proper construction management model for project completion.
Pros
good interaction with management and employees
Cons
contract was terminated
Good work as ateam
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 November 2018
They take care to every employee, good safety ,good atmosphere for work , no any issue about time ,salary.fly in fly out , they provide heat pad in cold weather.
good
Cons
in up work hours
Loved Fluor!
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 November 2018
I loved this company. worked there in 2011 and was stupid to leave. the management were great, supportive and actually cared about their work and the Project. Benefits were good as an employee and training/education was offered.
Work life balance was excellent.
Pros
Fluor Fridays (every second Friday off in Summer)
Cons
not many cons. cant think of any
Administrative assistant
Project Area Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2018
Awesome people to work for. Easy to deal with a different client. The work environment is fun. the culture of the workplace is fun. the hardest part of the job was not getting the docs on time.
pipefitter
Steamfitter/ Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL7 November 2018
I was a Pipefitter / steamfitter. It was not different than any other job. I would go to work for them again. I had no problems when I was working there.
Pros
pay
Cons
ended
very poor management
Design-Lead Piping Design - Suncor - ETF (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2018
Needs a complete over haul of management and people building their empires. The culure is that of compliance with not being able to think out of the box and to have excessive billing to clients because of so many levels of managment and refusing to be innovative
Pros
work
Cons
how the work process is done
Good Company
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2018
Fluor is good EPC company! It provides a lot of training opportunities and great benefits. Fluor has good reputations in Oil and Gas industry and is a leader in engineering design in this area.
Working for fluor driver
Quality Control Coordinator/ Welding Inspector Lv2 (Current Employee) –  Norman Wells, NT21 September 2018
A typical day of work has me on the phone with vendors to order materials such as Gate valves and pressure piping components. New work orders are constantly flowing in which I receive and review with the site manager. Next i start a field binder that the foremen & crews can work off. This will include compiling a job specific Inspection & Test Plan after engineering, code and client specifications have been reviewed and agreed upon, drafting piping isometrics and outlining critical hold points for NDE, Testing before the next step of the job can begin. Periodically throughout my two week shift in Norman Wells NT, I will be involved in welding inspection, flange bolt up and torque reviewing and witness hydro pressure testing of fabricated piping. As this is a very old plant many jobs pose challenges that are exciting to work with. Some examples are sourcing 30 yr old valve s that do not exist with replacements from over seas countries such as Australia, the UK etc. S then having to get an approved coating vendor set up to internally coat the valves as per client specifications and ship up to site in a timely manner. Since this is a maintenance work on Canadas most northern oilfield the logistics of getting materials by Ice road, Barge or Flight to site in time to meet schedule requirements can be a bit daunting at times. Never the less we have been maintaining ESSOs plant and Oil Field since 2016 and the client is generally happy with my work and our company as a whole as everyday there is something new for us to learn on this site. There is never a dull moment at this job, i  more... am constantly thinking outside the box to get each task completed in a safe and timely manner. I sometimes even run heavy equipment to help our such as a 25Ton loader snowballing the ice roads clear or being a labourer helper building scaffolds when we are in a crunch in this secluded location. I have no problem doing whatever is needed. the hardest part is being away from family for two weeks straight and the most enjoyable is working with a great bunch of guys who rely on me to direct them for what can and can't be done on their day to day work activities and constantly learning new things from all their work experience.  less
Pros
Working in a beautiful location on the Mackenzie River
Cons
Being away from my new daughter for two weeks at a time
The workplace is made of intelligent, competent, productive and hard working people.
Principal Design Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2018
I rate Fluor in the top 25% of all International Engineering firms.
A typical working day involves correspondence, reviewing Engineering documents and meetings.
Pros
Every day is a learning experience
Cons
Employment assignments are 1-2 years in duration.
Fantastic Learning Opportunity
Withheld (Former Employee) –  withheld11 September 2018
I joined Fluor with customer service and basic office skills. I did not have any prior experience in the engineering industry. My leaders at Fluor helped me gain tremendous knowledge and build new skills. I would still be there if the economic situation hadn't caused wide scale layoffs due to a lack of projects.
Pros
Supportive Teams
Cons
Poor work life balance due to long hours
was a camp job but the camps were nice
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 September 2018
Fluor has a good work ethic and has good communication between management and its employees. They are very focused on safety and making sure you go home at the end of the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2