Fluid Life

Fluid Life Pay & benefits reviews

I personally like working at Fluid Life. Does it have some downfalls? Of course. What company is perfect? Overall though the company is a good company to work for. Compensation and benefits are good. I get a lot of value and use out of my benefits. I've seen some reviews on here that state you are not well compensated for the work you are expected to do. I'm not going to lie, the lab is busy but it is not gruelling hard labour. Being busy is not a bad thing. Business creates jobs. If you are prepared to work hard, work as a team and learn as much as you can about this industry, then there are opportunities to advance. The management I am in contact with on a regular basis do care about the employees. They are accommodating when needed so that we do have work life balance and that is why I am saying is is relaxed in some ways. If you have worked in a lab that runs 5 samples a day and prefer that environment than this is not the lab for you. But if you would like to be busy during your day, to gain valuable lab experience, learn a lot about this industry than I would definitely apply!
I would not recommend Fluid life as an employer. The culture is toxic and extremely political, and management is only focused on the bottom line. Hard work is neither acknowledged, nor rewarded . Employee turnover is extremely high, and benefits are extremely poor.
The job ads and interviews are full of rainbows, dreams and unicorns. They promise a good working environment that is family orientated. They promise advancements, room for growth and openness. What they dont tell you is that there is no room for growth, many of the staff have been in the same position for years. They dont provide raises or yearly cost of living increases as the president thinks her bonuses are enough. Benefits are okay. They have fired lots of people including those in management with no explanation to staff leaving everyone to wonder if they will be fired next. Toxic environment and I'm not talking about the lab chemicals! Here is where your dreams die.
Good working environment. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. Flexible work hours are provided with good benefits to the employees. Generally a good place to work with very friendly people and managers. I would recommend working there to anyone .
I think this is a very good place to work. I enjoy coming to work everyday and I like my co-workers. No complaints. I would say it is a very good steady job.
Company was okay when I first started, they definitely do their best to entice you. Promises are not kept, managers are promoted and receive high treatment for lack of quality in their work. I do not recommend this company. CEO is controlling and does not trust her employees. Was given the company by her late Father. Stressful environment and not worth the salary. Turn over rate is high!
Culture is work hard, play hard. We have all the perks: fancy beverage station, bistro style lunchroom with TV, private gym area with change rooms and roof top patio where we have company wide BBQs. Office is modern, equipment is new, lots of windows. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the technology. Since I have been working here I have seen growth in the number of awesome people on the team. We have Canada and US locations. The Company strives to keep good employees happy. Workplace environment is positive and positively enforced through compensation.
Pros
Flexible, open door policy at all levels, open to new ideas, generous compensation
Cons
Almost out of the City - far if you live North
Pros They only hire people with 0-little experience so easy to get hired right out of school. Lunch is sometimes bought to buy time when the entire lab wants to quit, so if you like free food but no change in work lifestyle that’s a pro. Upper management seems to know how to run the business side of things. Cons Pay is terrible for the amount of work you are expected to do. Raises are promised and then not given. Training opportunities are provided, but are not followed through on. If you are good at your job they will keep piling on responsibilities with no extra compensation or incentives. If you are terrible at your job they will take away responsibilities until you are doing the bare minimum but still getting paid the same as everyone else (actually maybe this is a pro....) Huge rate of turnover. Always new people training, never get to a level where everyone is trained. Disconnect between sales and the lab, no one seems to be able to decide on responsibility and work is shifted back and forth between the departments. Lab level management is abysmal. They don’t know how to work with or deal with human individuals on a daily basis. Can run all over them, but watch your back because there is a lot of ‘blame’ mentality. Advice to Management Hire lab management that have strong people skills and aren’t afraid to actually manage. There needs to be a balance in management with social and technical skills. Pay people more and give incentives to those who perform well
Can’t really give a review since I never worked there. Only had the interview and following job offer. The interview was pretty easy. Mosty behavioural questjons and maybe two technical questions. Management and HR seemed very nice. I declined their offer because i wasn’t happy with their shift work and pay. They offered $19/hr for the afternoon shift. They did offer benefits after probation. I think it would be good experience if you are just starting out as a lab tech. The pay and hours just aren’t good enough for a more experienced lab tech...
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Inconvient shift
Pay is competitive, good benefits and vacation time. Great environment, it feels like everyone is a big family. Senior staff and VPs are very approachable and great to work with.
Pros
gym, rooftop patio, bbqs