Fluid Life

Fluid Life Job security & advancement reviews

I enjoyed working at fluid life. The atmosphere is very good and everyone is very cooperative and helpful.I get a feeling that my colleagues are always there for support. They set up events and activities throughout the year that makes working fun and exciting. You also get a lot of good experience working for the company.
The job ads and interviews are full of rainbows, dreams and unicorns. They promise a good working environment that is family orientated. They promise advancements, room for growth and openness. What they dont tell you is that there is no room for growth, many of the staff have been in the same position for years. They dont provide raises or yearly cost of living increases as the president thinks her bonuses are enough. Benefits are okay. They have fired lots of people including those in management with no explanation to staff leaving everyone to wonder if they will be fired next. Toxic environment and I'm not talking about the lab chemicals! Here is where your dreams die.
I personally like working at Fluid Life. Does it have some downfalls? Of course. What company is perfect? Overall though the company is a good company to work for. Compensation and benefits are good. I get a lot of value and use out of my benefits. I've seen some reviews on here that state you are not well compensated for the work you are expected to do. I'm not going to lie, the lab is busy but it is not gruelling hard labour. Being busy is not a bad thing. Business creates jobs. If you are prepared to work hard, work as a team and learn as much as you can about this industry, then there are opportunities to advance. The management I am in contact with on a regular basis do care about the employees. They are accommodating when needed so that we do have work life balance and that is why I am saying is is relaxed in some ways. If you have worked in a lab that runs 5 samples a day and prefer that environment than this is not the lab for you. But if you would like to be busy during your day, to gain valuable lab experience, learn a lot about this industry than I would definitely apply!
Absolute nightmare of a company. Bad culture. Very political. No opportunities for growth. The 5 star ratings are a joke and have to be fake. Sick environment.
I worked in the lab for several years. Small company with approachable management. There was a lot of variety in the lab and i gained a ton of experience. Everyone in the company was great to work with.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Only three locations
Pros They only hire people with 0-little experience so easy to get hired right out of school. Lunch is sometimes bought to buy time when the entire lab wants to quit, so if you like free food but no change in work lifestyle that’s a pro. Upper management seems to know how to run the business side of things. Cons Pay is terrible for the amount of work you are expected to do. Raises are promised and then not given. Training opportunities are provided, but are not followed through on. If you are good at your job they will keep piling on responsibilities with no extra compensation or incentives. If you are terrible at your job they will take away responsibilities until you are doing the bare minimum but still getting paid the same as everyone else (actually maybe this is a pro....) Huge rate of turnover. Always new people training, never get to a level where everyone is trained. Disconnect between sales and the lab, no one seems to be able to decide on responsibility and work is shifted back and forth between the departments. Lab level management is abysmal. They don’t know how to work with or deal with human individuals on a daily basis. Can run all over them, but watch your back because there is a lot of ‘blame’ mentality. Advice to Management Hire lab management that have strong people skills and aren’t afraid to actually manage. There needs to be a balance in management with social and technical skills. Pay people more and give incentives to those who perform well
This company gave me a lot of experience. Owner is very much accommodating. The Downfall, Politic is always in place, if your co-worker does not like you, she will just suck up with the boss and they will just kick you out with out even warning. Sad to say, Loyalty is not counted in this company.
Can’t really give a review since I never worked there. Only had the interview and following job offer. The interview was pretty easy. Mosty behavioural questjons and maybe two technical questions. Management and HR seemed very nice. I declined their offer because i wasn’t happy with their shift work and pay. They offered $19/hr for the afternoon shift. They did offer benefits after probation. I think it would be good experience if you are just starting out as a lab tech. The pay and hours just aren’t good enough for a more experienced lab tech...
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Inconvient shift
Be prepared to be doing the same thing for a while. I did basically the same thing for months. There is some variety if you stay there for several years but it is very unlikely that you will move up. Most of the lab staff are very nice though. Fluid Life does not have WCB coverage which was something that I found out the hard way.