Fluid Life

Fluid Life Employee Reviews for Laboratory Technician

Laboratory Technician7 reviews
Canada7 reviews
I personally like working at Fluid Life. Does it have some downfalls? Of course. What company is perfect? Overall though the company is a good company to work for. Compensation and benefits are good. I get a lot of value and use out of my benefits. I've seen some reviews on here that state you are not well compensated for the work you are expected to do. I'm not going to lie, the lab is busy but it is not gruelling hard labour. Being busy is not a bad thing. Business creates jobs. If you are prepared to work hard, work as a team and learn as much as you can about this industry, then there are opportunities to advance. The management I am in contact with on a regular basis do care about the employees. They are accommodating when needed so that we do have work life balance and that is why I am saying is is relaxed in some ways. If you have worked in a lab that runs 5 samples a day and prefer that environment than this is not the lab for you. But if you would like to be busy during your day, to gain valuable lab experience, learn a lot about this industry than I would definitely apply!
Everyday it keeps me busy.
I learned lot of tests regarding quality control and oil analysis.

Management is good.

Co workers are supportive and friendly.

Most enjoyable part is you get good environment.
I think this is a very good place to work. I enjoy coming to work everyday and I like my co-workers. No complaints. I would say it is a very good steady job.
This company gave me a lot of experience. Owner is very much accommodating. The Downfall, Politic is always in place, if your co-worker does not like you, she will just suck up with the boss and they will just kick you out with out even warning. Sad to say, Loyalty is not counted in this company.
Can’t really give a review since I never worked there. Only had the interview and following job offer. The interview was pretty easy. Mosty behavioural questjons and maybe two technical questions. Management and HR seemed very nice. I declined their offer because i wasn’t happy with their shift work and pay. They offered $19/hr for the afternoon shift. They did offer benefits after probation. I think it would be good experience if you are just starting out as a lab tech. The pay and hours just aren’t good enough for a more experienced lab tech...
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Inconvient shift
Be prepared to be doing the same thing for a while. I did basically the same thing for months. There is some variety if you stay there for several years but it is very unlikely that you will move up. Most of the lab staff are very nice though. Fluid Life does not have WCB coverage which was something that I found out the hard way.
the are a smaller company and for the work you are expected to do they pay very poorly.