Fluid Life

Fluid Life Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Management is scared of the staff that have been there so long and won't change for the good. Must be a sheep and not a self thinker. Long term staff give themself power that they should not have and management is to scared to make it right. All five star reviews are posted by management and are fake. Coworkers will also take credit for your hard work.
I enjoyed working at Fluid Life. The staff was friendly, helpful and I learned a lot. The workplace culture is very good. They provide staff lunch parties often
I find this to be a fun place to work at times but still have a job to be done. Friendly place to work, lots of things to learn. Company provides a ton of great perks that i haven't seen anywhere else.
I enjoyed working at fluid life. The atmosphere is very good and everyone is very cooperative and helpful.I get a feeling that my colleagues are always there for support. They set up events and activities throughout the year that makes working fun and exciting. You also get a lot of good experience working for the company.
Had a great productive time and learned a lot of new things. Very good team work with co-workers. Friendly atmosphere, managers are encouraging. Good training opportunities. Employees are given opportunity to use their own judgement and initiative when appropriate
I would not recommend Fluid life as an employer. The culture is toxic and extremely political, and management is only focused on the bottom line. Hard work is neither acknowledged, nor rewarded . Employee turnover is extremely high, and benefits are extremely poor.
The job ads and interviews are full of rainbows, dreams and unicorns. They promise a good working environment that is family orientated. They promise advancements, room for growth and openness. What they dont tell you is that there is no room for growth, many of the staff have been in the same position for years. They dont provide raises or yearly cost of living increases as the president thinks her bonuses are enough. Benefits are okay. They have fired lots of people including those in management with no explanation to staff leaving everyone to wonder if they will be fired next. Toxic environment and I'm not talking about the lab chemicals! Here is where your dreams die.
I personally like working at Fluid Life. Does it have some downfalls? Of course. What company is perfect? Overall though the company is a good company to work for. Compensation and benefits are good. I get a lot of value and use out of my benefits. I've seen some reviews on here that state you are not well compensated for the work you are expected to do. I'm not going to lie, the lab is busy but it is not gruelling hard labour. Being busy is not a bad thing. Business creates jobs. If you are prepared to work hard, work as a team and learn as much as you can about this industry, then there are opportunities to advance. The management I am in contact with on a regular basis do care about the employees. They are accommodating when needed so that we do have work life balance and that is why I am saying is is relaxed in some ways. If you have worked in a lab that runs 5 samples a day and prefer that environment than this is not the lab for you. But if you would like to be busy during your day, to gain valuable lab experience, learn a lot about this industry than I would definitely apply!
Good working environment. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. Flexible work hours are provided with good benefits to the employees. Generally a good place to work with very friendly people and managers. I would recommend working there to anyone .
Expected to do a lot of work with horrible pay. People that lack basic lab/ management skills are promoted to manager positions. Truly toxic work environment, and needs serious improvement in several areas. The "fun, family environment" they advertise is non existent. Upper management loves to micro manage and asks for suggestions on how to make things better, but never follows up. STAY AWAY! The positive reviews posted here are definitely fake.
Everyday it keeps me busy. I learned lot of tests regarding quality control and oil analysis. Management is good. Co workers are supportive and friendly. Most enjoyable part is you get good environment.
Absolute nightmare of a company. Bad culture. Very political. No opportunities for growth. The 5 star ratings are a joke and have to be fake. Sick environment.
I worked in the lab for several years. Small company with approachable management. There was a lot of variety in the lab and i gained a ton of experience. Everyone in the company was great to work with.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Only three locations
Fast paced environment but fun place to work. There are opportunities for growth in the lab, lots of different tasks to perform on a daily basis. All levels of management do treat you like family. Staff are easy to get along with. Awesome perks like a workout room, spacious lunchroom and rooftop patio in Edmonton. Christmas parties are amazing.
Pros
Challenging work, fun environment, staff events
The work environment is fun and fast paced with great people. There is a wide variety of work and many opportunities to gain experience. This company genuinely cares about its employees and offers many perks including an amazing Christmas party, staff events, free coffee machines, an onsite gym and a rooftop patio for staff events.
Pros
Great people and a fun environment
Cons
Not really
Company was okay when I first started, they definitely do their best to entice you. Promises are not kept, managers are promoted and receive high treatment for lack of quality in their work. I do not recommend this company. CEO is controlling and does not trust her employees. Was given the company by her late Father. Stressful environment and not worth the salary. Turn over rate is high!
Culture is work hard, play hard. We have all the perks: fancy beverage station, bistro style lunchroom with TV, private gym area with change rooms and roof top patio where we have company wide BBQs. Office is modern, equipment is new, lots of windows. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the technology. Since I have been working here I have seen growth in the number of awesome people on the team. We have Canada and US locations. The Company strives to keep good employees happy. Workplace environment is positive and positively enforced through compensation.
Pros
Flexible, open door policy at all levels, open to new ideas, generous compensation
Cons
Almost out of the City - far if you live North
Don't let the "family" culture they spout fool you, they just want to make more money at the expense of the employees. Massive turnover rate in the lab at all locations.
Pros
Some coworkers are nice
Cons
Fear-mongering, toxic
This company gave me a lot of experience. Owner is very much accommodating. The Downfall, Politic is always in place, if your co-worker does not like you, she will just suck up with the boss and they will just kick you out with out even warning. Sad to say, Loyalty is not counted in this company.
A very busy place to work. As a lab tech you will get to learn a lot since they have a variety of testings/instruments. But you will be working so hard, multi tasking and very repetitive. If you are not on the like list of supervisors, you will be stuck and won't be able to learn anything new.
Pros
nice benefit, RRSP matching
Cons
Not good pay
Can’t really give a review since I never worked there. Only had the interview and following job offer. The interview was pretty easy. Mosty behavioural questjons and maybe two technical questions. Management and HR seemed very nice. I declined their offer because i wasn’t happy with their shift work and pay. They offered $19/hr for the afternoon shift. They did offer benefits after probation. I think it would be good experience if you are just starting out as a lab tech. The pay and hours just aren’t good enough for a more experienced lab tech...
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Inconvient shift