Fluid Life
Fluid Life Employee Review

Potential for a successful workplace plummeted over 5 years

8 May 2019
Pros
They only hire people with 0-little experience so easy to get hired right out of school.

Lunch is sometimes bought to buy time when the entire lab wants to quit, so if you like free food but no change in work lifestyle that’s a pro.

Upper management seems to know how to run the business side of things.

Cons

Pay is terrible for the amount of work you are expected to do. Raises are promised and then not given.

Training opportunities are provided, but are not followed through on.

If you are good at your job they will keep piling on responsibilities with no extra compensation or incentives.

If you are terrible at your job they will take away responsibilities until you are doing the bare minimum but still getting paid the same as everyone else (actually maybe this is a pro....)

Huge rate of turnover. Always new people training, never get to a level where everyone is trained.

Disconnect between sales and the lab, no one seems to be able to decide on responsibility and work is shifted back and forth between the departments.

Lab level management is abysmal. They don’t know how to work with or deal with human individuals on a daily basis. Can run all over them, but watch your back because there is a lot of ‘blame’ mentality.

Advice to Management

Hire lab management that have strong people skills and aren’t afraid to actually manage.

There needs to be a balance in management with social and technical skills.

Pay people more and give incentives to those who perform well
31 July 2019
Same location
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) - Brantford, ON
I think this is a very good place to work. I enjoy coming to work everyday and I like my co-workers. No complaints. I would say it is a very good steady job.
8 May 2020
Accounts Payable - Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Management is scared of the staff that have been there so long and won't change for the good. Must be a sheep and not a self thinker. Long term staff give themself power that they should not have and management is to scared to make it right. All five star reviews are posted by management and are fake. Coworkers will also take credit for your hard work.
28 January 2020
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
I enjoyed working at Fluid Life. The staff was friendly, helpful and I learned a lot. The workplace culture is very good. They provide staff lunch parties often