Fluid Life
Fluid Life Employee Review

Good Steady job

31 July 2019
I think this is a very good place to work. I enjoy coming to work everyday and I like my co-workers. No complaints. I would say it is a very good steady job.
14 September 2019
Same role
Lab Technician (Current Employee) - Edmonton, AB
I personally like working at Fluid Life. Does it have some downfalls? Of course. What company is perfect? Overall though the company is a good company to work for. Compensation and benefits are good. I get a lot of value and use out of my benefits. I've seen some reviews on here that state you are not well compensated for the work you are expected to do. I'm not going to lie, the lab is busy but it is not gruelling hard labour. Being busy is not a bad thing. Business creates jobs. If you are prepared to work hard, work as a team and learn as much as you can about this industry, then there are opportunities to advance. The management I am in contact with on a regular basis do care about the employees. They are accommodating when needed so that we do have work life balance and that is why I am saying is is relaxed in some ways. If you have worked in a lab that runs 5 samples a day and prefer that environment than this is not the lab for you. But if you would like to be busy during your day, to gain valuable lab experience, learn a lot about this industry than I would definitely apply!
1 August 2019
Same role
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Everyday it keeps me busy.
I learned lot of tests regarding quality control and oil analysis.

Management is good.

Co workers are supportive and friendly.

Most enjoyable part is you get good environment.
8 May 2019
Same location
Senior Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) - Brantford, ON
Pros
They only hire people with 0-little experience so easy to get hired right out of school.

Lunch is sometimes bought to buy time when the entire lab wants to quit, so if you like free food but no change in work lifestyle that’s a pro.

Upper management seems to know how to run the business side of things.

Cons

Pay is terrible for the amount of work you are expected to do. Raises are promised and then not given.

Training opportunities are provided, but are not followed through on.

If you are good at your job they will keep piling on responsibilities with no extra compensation or incentives.

If you are terrible at your job they will take away responsibilities until you are doing the bare minimum but still getting paid the same as everyone else (actually maybe this is a pro....)

Huge rate of turnover. Always new people training, never get to a level where everyone is trained.

Disconnect between sales and the lab, no one seems to be able to decide on responsibility and work is shifted back and forth between the departments.

Lab level management is abysmal. They don’t know how to work with or deal with human individuals on a daily basis. Can run all over them, but watch your back because there is a lot of ‘blame’ mentality.

Advice to Management

Hire lab management that have strong people skills and aren’t afraid to actually manage.

There needs to be a balance in management with social and technical skills.

Pay people more and give incentives to those who perform well