FLSmidth

FLSmidth Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Great product and people until the closure of the plant
Great place to work while the plant was operational, it seemed to fall apart when the closure happened even though we stayed opened as a sales office. We at that point lost all control of production, quality and delivery. I worked hard with all of our new suppliers, but they did not treat it as we did. I enjoyed setting up new suppliers in the US and China and being in plants with other cultures and ideas.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long commute at the end, approx 4 hours per day.
haut niveau de professionnalisme concernant le management des projet et un environnement compétitif
une équipe hautement qualifiée avec un System universel de la construction des cimenteries j ai vraiment adoré le travail avec cette boitte et j aimerais bien de travailler encore avec eux.
VERY BAD CULTURE, NO ONE WORKING THERE IS HAPPY. More paperwork and forms than actual work to be successful. I would NOT recommend anyone working here
Very high pressure and stressful no home / work balance at all. Expectations to complete mandatory forms and not enough balance. It is expected you work weekends and evenings for no compensation.
Pros
Cons
Stressful
Responsible for Accounting Deparment.
Learned inventory, Payroll, and Management skills. An Administrator for benefits. Helped with external auditors. Did monthly reconciliations for inter company.
Pros
good work envirorment.
Cons
interduce new system and decrease the employees.
Unique product and dedicated employees
Working with clients from around the world to ensure their equipment is working or making sure it continues to operate is what our office strives for on a daily basis.
Pros
Independence for setting work goals
Cons
Corporate goals in conflict as growth is trying to take hold
Productive and good company
over all good company
good working atmosphere

good peoples

I learned a lot as below.

• Ability to demonstrate corporate values

• Knowledge of ERP, SAP, Fox Pro.

• Commitment to quality

• Problem analysis and solution approach

• Leadership and coaching skills

• Clear and meaningful communication skills

• Knowledge of Engineering Drawings.

• Engineering management
Great place to work at until they closed it
Long hours but a great place to work at. I was able to set my own schedules and prioritize my work. They encouraged employees to advance their skills by providing re-imbursement for the cost of training.
Was a great place to work before they moved the work to china.
Was a great place to work before they moved the work to china.
Learned how to build, test, repair and troubleshoot different varieties of heavy duty mining equipment.
Traders
NOT a good company to work for at all !
They will replace you with somebody in India ASAP

Would not recommend working foe this cut throat company to any Canadian.
Pros
Cons
Many
Was fun working there
my job as Project Manager / Construction manager was to oversee all the Projects on the fine grind side of milling. I did travel a lot and that was good learning a lot of other countries aswell. have learned a lot of new things here at Flsmidth and did get a lot of exposure.
Great company to work for.
I machine parts for the gold mining industry, I produce parts for them as needed on all types of machinery. Everything that we do there requires extensive time management and the ability to work within very tight tolerances, with this company I've been able to fine tune this ability. Our management works very hard to keep the customer happy and also not stress the employees. They do not micro-manage us but are available when needed. Every body has their own specific job but doesn't have a problem jumping in and giving a hand when needed. There really isn't any area that I find to be " the hardest part of the job" everyone is well trained and efficient, we work together as a solid team as a company should....this is also the most enjoyable part of the job. Our company is an advocate of profit sharing and they have no problem passing the benefits on to us workers, which in turn we work harder for them.
Pros
profit sharing, efficient team workers. great working conditions
Cons
not available in other provinces, B.C. is too expensive to plan for a future, cost of living too high here
Good Salary But Lack Job Security
Good Salary But Lack Job Security, Job Culture is ok but not good.
Peopel get Layoff when no projects within the company.