Floyd's Diner

Floyd's Diner Employee Reviews

Fun work environment, management needs an overhaul

Faced paced breakfast service, food is good. Only being open for breakfast and lunch only means the hours are nice. The staff is clearly pretty close knit and seems to have been here a long time but they’re easy to get along with. Upper management lacks communication and seems to be a big point of tension in the workplace.

Pros

Hours

Fun, family

my favourite part is that I get to meet new people every day, but I also get to greet our regular customers. Floyds feels like a second family. We always have great music playing and everyone has a smile on their face. I get to learn new things everyday and improve my social skills. The hardest part about the job is when the afternoon rush comes in. When I work the front door during the busy hours, reassuring our customers and offering coffee leaves everyone happy.

Pros

good food

Busy busy busy

This is a busy establishment; workdays are long and grueling. Overtime is often necessary, though management didn't seem to appreciate that fact. If you're able to get along with other staff it's quite easy. When I was there, management insisted that I either cut corners to clock out by 5, or finish the job without being paid overtime.

Fun workplace

Good workplace with friendly environment. Good hours and busy, fast-paced environment. Supportive management that will usually go out of their way to help

Fun and fast paced work environment

A typical day is fast paced and sometimes stressful. You have to be quick on your feet and have ample patience to deal with the copious amounts of customers.

Easy fun

Floyds Diner was a high speed energy place. I enjoyed being a waitress for the time being. Great management. High spirited place.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Not enough staff

Fun place to work and be.

Floyds' Diner was always a great environment. Fun group of people to work around, fast paced, great tips, consistent shift and excellent and fair management. I served here for may years and also worked for the owners at their former restaurant cup of joe in James Bay from 13-18 years old. The only down side for me was physical. My wrists took a toll from the weight of the plates and the constant back and forth of food running, landing me in physiotherapy for a year until I finally had to move away from the service industry for a while.

Pros

fun atmosphere, free meals, good tips

Cons

work related chronic injury

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Floyd's Diner. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4Job security/advancement