Floform Countertops Employee Reviews

Most Incompetent Management Team in 25+ years experience
Showroom Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC30 August 2018
As an educated business professional with over 25 years Customer Service experience, within days I realized accepting a job offer with PGR was the biggest mistake I had made in my career. I had 2 job offers on the line and unfortunately learned quickly after starting at PGR that I made the wrong choice. The manager isn’t qualified to manage people, lacks the necessary skills to deal with unpleasant interpersonal issues, has poor communication skills and micromanages to a high degree, although denies it. Management’s actions/behaviours Do Not Align with their words because as part of their recruitment process you must complete a ‘Profile’ to be considered for employment in tandem with their interview process. Although they tell you initiative, change agents and self-starters are valued in their culture; to be frank, the manager wants to control staff like a kindergarten teacher does with a group of 5 year olds and in the manager’s own words, “wants to watch you” although that particular individual then referred to it as “coaching” in the same sentence. Actions speak louder than words. When approached on the subject of utilizing business application tools, The Manager didn’t see any value in applying reporting tools to help benefit the business and said “it takes too much time” and rather, insisted “you will figure it out on your own and have a better idea on that kind of stuff after awhile” Really?? Assumptions versus Actuals?? If you want to be respected and treated like an adult, I would discourage anyone from making the same mistake I did.
Pros
Very friendly customers, majority of office staff were great, helpful and hard workers, nice group of guys in the shop
Cons
Management very rigid and structured “old school” mentality rather than forward thinking.
Every one is replacable.
Installer Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 June 2018
No respect for employees. The only communication from management is negative. About 10 people left since new manager took over a year and a half ago. Only about 4 new people hired. Work load of those who left divided up to those still there, with no raises for increased work load. Managment style is do as he says, not as he does. No leadership. No advancement. Don't apply here. IMAO
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Offered perks that you don't get, Safety not a priority, No raises for years, Your day is tracked, Your vehical is tracked, No morale building of any kind, No advancement, Hard to have pride in your work, Discussion amongst employees is discouraged, Not a fun place to work
fun and productive work place
Associate/Administrative Assistant Sales (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 April 2018
Pros

Continuing education opportunities, inherently satisfying work, friendly colleagues, good supervision, ability to consult with clinical team lead at any time, supportive supervisors, diverse client base to work with, exchange program, opportunities to work overtime if you want to, 3 month grace period without productivity stipulations so you can get used to demands of the job, will lead to very good and diverse …
Pros
great staff
Cons
open saturdays
Wouldn't recommend for long term employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 March 2018
I did enjoy going into work before the management changed. First manager was very supportive, informative, made being at work fun and was a great motivator. Once the new management came in the place went downhill. Doesn't matter how good you are at your job or what your senority is, always something negative to pick at - no constructive critisism or job security. Unorganized, moody management. No lunch room, have to eat at your desk. Occasional potlucks and events.
Pros
Commission, benefits
Cons
No room for growth
Fast Paced manufacturing company
Customer Service / Install Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2018
Floform is a fast paced manufacturing business. I really enjoyed my time working there.
The cons would be lack of quality control, lack of advancement as well as poor compensation.
Pros
Good team enviornment
Cons
Lack of quality control
Great work environment
Installation coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2018
I really enjoy my job at FloForm great people to work with.
New management has taken place I do see many improvements happening. Typical work day is making phone calls and setting up appointments for service install and template calls. We install countertops and tile - quartz laminate corian I am leaning lots about what it takes to install great counters. Hardest part of this job is time management there is no real flow to the day things come at you from all sides but my colleges are awesome to work with to help get the job done. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with there is a great support system between staff.
bad experience
In-home consultant/sales (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2018
one advice - DO NOT WORK FOR FLOFORM
Doesn't matter how long you work for them you will not gain respect or advance - this company is designed to slave its employees to the end- no appreciation for the good work
Pros
Cons
long hours - no to little pay raise
Very warm environment to work.
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 April 2016
It is very warm environment to work for, having a kind supervisors, co-workers and trainors. Productive environment and I learned a lot of technical, physical and decision making.
Good work environment, great people to work with, fun atmospehere with music on in the background
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 September 2014
I enjoyed working @ FloForm Countertops. My fellow workers were great, fun people, whom I got along with really well. A typical day @ work consisted of me coming into work and doing data entry during the day, then making calls in the evening time to book appointments to have our design consultant go to the customers home and try and sell countertops to them! I learned how to be professional, polite and just how to use time efficiently to get everything done before the day was over. Management was good, my coworkers were great. The hardest part was trying to balance the data entry with the phone calls so all designated work could be completed for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was making phone calls and trying to get what we called it a "2 legged appointment" where both partners would be home for the consultation. If we did that we got a bonus and if the job sold we got an even bigger bonus once a month when we received our commissions.
Pros
comission check once a month
Cons
working hours were 1:30PM-10:00 PM

Want to know more about Floform Countertops?

Ask a question