Floform Countertops

Floform Countertops Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
The staff is exemplary, the manager was less than stellar
A typical day at Floform Calgary...
Connect with the installers before they leave for the day as they will have to "pull out" any product that's being picked up by customers that day.

Take care of all payments and banking for the previous day.

Call any and all customers whose payments are now due.

Double-check with customers for an eta of product pick up.

Take care of any and all incoming and outgoing invoices
Fun place to work!
I enjoyed working at Floform Countertops - it was great training. This was a new store opening and it was nice to start out together as a team! I learned so much about quartz countertops and how to measure and installation. Would recommend this company to others!
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Work Saturdays
Very heavy but worth it
When you first go into the job like lifting you have to be prepared on how to lift properly with your legs not your back but you get to see amazing houses and decorations and you also get to put the smile on the customer face when you install a countertop usually becuase it's the last thing they do, you learn how to work with another person which you both take on leader roll.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Sometimes long days or not long enough
Good place to work but the hour jump up and down
Floform staff is amazing and you always know when your done a job the customer is happy and that it was done as safe as it can be but the hours jump up to 40+/week witch is good but can also drop to 25-30a week
Great Work Environment with Lots of Great People.
Had a great couple years at FloForm. Met a lot of awesome people. Management is calculative in their business decisions. This company has been around for almost 60 years and doesn't plan on going anywhere. They're not afraid to make big changes and restructuring to increase sales/profits. I wish I could have had a longer stretch with this company. If and when things turn around in Alberta, I would definitely consider working for this company again.
I wouln't advise applying here
- No direction from management.
- Overtime is expected, management doesn't even ask.

- No communication between management and workers.

- When management does communicate it's negative.

- No raises or profit sharing in 4 years except for managers.

- Suppose to get clothing and boot allowance, when brought up to a manager it gets brushed off.

- Very low moral overall.

- Talking or socializing between employees is frowned upon.

- Tools and vehicles have to break before management get fixed and then management blames employee(s) when this happens.

- No room for advancement, dead end job.
Pros
It' a job
Cons
It's just a job
Boys club.
Pay starts low. Floform looks for applicants that seek advancements.
Very cliche group of old timers.

Be aware.

Don’t apply if you ate intellectual and are confident.

Mid-management group are weak and lazy with low self-image professionals.
Independent work and sales based.
Promote countertops at Costco. Long hours of standing.
Contract based. Must be personable and friendly, and not pushy.

Read people and offer a no obligation on site estimate.
Dead End Job
RUN!! Don't apply here. You will be stuck in a dead end job with zero opportunity to advance or make money. No raises in years.
An enjoyable work atmosphere, close, hardworking, dependable group of co-workers
Typical day involves me coming in to work, checking my emails, following up with clients whom I have recently provided quotes for. Then I will receive new emails from clients requesting quotes and estimates for different jobs. Occasionally I will assist people who come into our showroom and provide them with quality customer service and ensure that their counter top purchasing experience is the best they can possibly receive.
Good work environment
Lovely people but hard to move up unless you are related to someone higher up. The company overall is great, just wish there was more room to grow. Family run.
poor
This place has very poor management. management and co-workers are not helpful. not a great eviroment to be at. 5hrs a day isnt enough to live. not so full time.
Most Incompetent Management Team in 25+ years experience
As an educated business professional with over 25 years Customer Service experience, within days I realized accepting a job offer with PGR was the biggest mistake I had made in my career. I had 2 job offers on the line and unfortunately learned quickly after starting at PGR that I made the wrong choice. The manager isn’t qualified to manage people, lacks the necessary skills to deal with unpleasant interpersonal issues, has poor communication skills and micromanages to a high degree, although denies it. Management’s actions/behaviours Do Not Align with their words because as part of their recruitment process you must complete a ‘Profile’ to be considered for employment in tandem with their interview process. Although they tell you initiative, change agents and self-starters are valued in their culture; to be frank, the manager wants to control staff like a kindergarten teacher does with a group of 5 year olds and in the manager’s own words, “wants to watch you” although that particular individual then referred to it as “coaching” in the same sentence. Actions speak louder than words. When approached on the subject of utilizing business application tools, The Manager didn’t see any value in applying reporting tools to help benefit the business and said “it takes too much time” and rather, insisted “you will figure it out on your own and have a better idea on that kind of stuff after awhile” Really?? Assumptions versus Actuals?? If you want to be respected and treated like an adult, I would discourage anyone from making the same mistake I did.
Pros
Very friendly customers, majority of office staff were great, helpful and hard workers, nice group of guys in the shop
Cons
Management very rigid and structured “old school” mentality rather than forward thinking.
It's was a job
No wage increase for any shop workers in 3 or more years.
Lots of heavy lifting.

Many errors

Conflict

Pay does not match what type of work is required.
Comment – 21 June 2018
Not recommended for long term.
Many long term staff have quit in past year.

Talking or socializing among staff is discouraged by supervisors or manager.
Every one is replacable.
No respect for employees. The only communication from management is negative. About 10 people left since new manager took over a year and a half ago. Only about 4 new people hired. Work load of those who left divided up to those still there, with no raises for increased work load. Managment style is do as he says, not as he does. No leadership. No advancement. Don't apply here. IMAO
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Offered perks that you don't get, Safety not a priority, No raises for years, Your day is tracked, Your vehical is tracked, No morale building of any kind, No advancement, Hard to have pride in your work, Discussion amongst employees is discouraged, Not a fun place to work
fun and productive work place
Pros

Continuing education opportunities, inherently satisfying work, friendly colleagues, good supervision, ability to consult with clinical team lead at any time, supportive supervisors, diverse client base to work with, exchange program, opportunities to work overtime if you want to, 3 month grace period without productivity stipulations so you can get used to demands of the job, will lead to very good and diverse …
Pros
great staff
Cons
open saturdays
Wouldn't recommend for long term employment
I did enjoy going into work before the management changed. First manager was very supportive, informative, made being at work fun and was a great motivator. Once the new management came in the place went downhill. Doesn't matter how good you are at your job or what your senority is, always something negative to pick at - no constructive critisism or job security. Unorganized, moody management. No lunch room, have to eat at your desk. Occasional potlucks and events.
Pros
Commission, benefits
Cons
No room for growth
Fast Paced manufacturing company
Floform is a fast paced manufacturing business. I really enjoyed my time working there.
The cons would be lack of quality control, lack of advancement as well as poor compensation.
Pros
Good team enviornment
Cons
Lack of quality control
bad experience
one advice - DO NOT WORK FOR FLOFORM
Doesn't matter how long you work for them you will not gain respect or advance - this company is designed to slave its employees to the end- no appreciation for the good work
Pros
Cons
long hours - no to little pay raise
Very warm environment to work.
It is very warm environment to work for, having a kind supervisors, co-workers and trainors. Productive environment and I learned a lot of technical, physical and decision making.
Good work environment, great people to work with, fun atmospehere with music on in the background
I enjoyed working @ FloForm Countertops. My fellow workers were great, fun people, whom I got along with really well. A typical day @ work consisted of me coming into work and doing data entry during the day, then making calls in the evening time to book appointments to have our design consultant go to the customers home and try and sell countertops to them! I learned how to be professional, polite and just how to use time efficiently to get everything done before the day was over. Management was good, my coworkers were great. The hardest part was trying to balance the data entry with the phone calls so all designated work could be completed for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was making phone calls and trying to get what we called it a "2 legged appointment" where both partners would be home for the consultation. If we did that we got a bonus and if the job sold we got an even bigger bonus once a month when we received our commissions.
Pros
comission check once a month
Cons
working hours were 1:30PM-10:00 PM