Flocor Inc

• Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Review summary

Overall good place to work the employees are good to work with management needs to be looked at and handled differently with the way things are felt with

Pros

Good employees

Cons

Bad management

Incredible work environment

Flocor is a wonderful company to work for. There are lots of great people to work with, excellent work/life balance, culture is great, lots of opportunities for growth, and the environment is fun and interactive!

Pros

Social events (BBQ's, lunches catered in for holidays, etc.), learning & development opportunities (paid for by the company), additional holiday closure.

Great opportunity for the right person.

Good place to work, lots of good people. This kind of work is not for everyone, it’s hard work. Lots of heavy lifting, somewhat fast paced , it can be disorganized at times . Lots of changes on the horizon , don’t quite know weather for better or worse. Management is fair , and the company is busy.

Pros

Lots of great people

Cons

Next to no overtime, at times micromanaged.

More than I expected when I first interviewed for the Job...

After my inaugural year at Flocor Head Office located in Stoney Creek Ontario, I thought it be fitting I write a review to let others know about my experience. From day one, the Leadership team made sure I had everything I needed to get the ball rolling. The onboarding experience was great, the people were friendly and willing to help, the culture was something that I knew would be a good fit for me. The company has a good mix of long standing employees, which speaks volumes about the work / life balance aspect of Flocor, and young energetic beginners who are looking to make a name and career for themselves. I get the support I need, the autonomy to make my own decisions, and the ability for career advancement I was looking for.

Pros

Lots of company team building events. Recognition for work well done, years of service. A solid pay structure, culture and work environment..

Cons

Not at this time.

Product and Fun place to work for

great experience -love coming to work. Great people to work with.I see myself staying here for a very long time. Room for growth and opportunities. the company has been around for over 100 years

Pros

Collaboration, social events, great benefits and salary, great communication, transparent

Don’t waste time

Not so great management that treats good workers like not so great and bad workers very great. It was nice place to work at first but once new management came they brought not so great workers with them and pushed the actual good workers. Work culture could be better and they could do more to make others feel included but that’s on them.

Pros

Good pay and good benefits

Cons

None of the pros are worth the trouble

I enjoyed the ten years I spent at Flocor and the great people I worked with. I only left my job because I moved to another city too far away to commute. I miss my friends at Flocor.

Good stable place to work

All though I have only been employed at Flocor a short time I enjoy the job, the people and atmosphere. Not a lot of politics.Scheduling is a little bit of a problem for pick-ups and deliveries as there is a lack of communication between the sales department and the shipping department . Sales people waste the time of drivers and the shippers sending drivers for pick-ups that are not ready.This seems like the normal things sales people do to make themselves look good but blows up in their faces by promising customers things they can not deliver. That putting everyone else down the line into a total waste of time,running around ,burning fuel ,explaining to the customers that their order is not ready because a sales person jumped the gun to get things rolling when the departments that process the orders are not given enough time to process orders that are already in the system. Communication is the biggest important factor to make a company successful.

Pros

Good people in the warehouse and shipping department

Cons

Poor sales department

Amazing People and lots of fun

I enjoyed working at Flocor immensely, as my first Warehouse position they were patient and willing to train and DID NOT strain about my curiosity of learning about the product!

Pros

People and enviroment

Cons

Slow time sucks

Great opportunities to learn

Co-workers were fabulous at sharing information and training in what was a new industry to me. The work itself was good, employee expectations were set out clearly. The office did know how to have fun while getting work completed.

Fun workplace

This job has thought me and certified me to drive a forklift. The management and co-workers were all great people to work with and got a lot of experience with this company.

Family invironnement but lacks advancement potential

Overall every day as it's own challenge and demands always something to do \

Environnement de travail très agréable

Journée de travail : Réception de téléphone des clients vérification de papiers avant facturation rapport de vente au comptant réception de marchandises dans logiciel Mincron commande de clients dans Mincron, etc. Collaborateurs : travail d'équipe facile avec eux, rire contagieux grand respect entre nous L'aspect le plus agréable : la complicité entre employés L'aspect le plus difficile : quand c'est trop tranquille

Pros

bons avantages sociaux

environnement tres stressant, mais dynamique, aucun temps mort

Ma journe commence vers 6:30am lors de mon arrive au bureau et se termine generalement vers 16:45. Elle debute par l`analyse des activitees de la journee precedente et l`approbation de differentes actions prisent la veille ensuite l`analyse des besoins en matieres d`achats et l`emission des bons de commandes repondre aux differents courriels recu et analyse des besoins en material pour nos 3 satellite Quebec, Ottawa et Darthmouth un autre vas s`ajouter prochainement a Sept-Iles

Pros

aucun temps mort, repas gratuits, barbecue regulierement

Cons

Manque ou mauvaise communications et individualisme, des gens de bureaux, relations vendeurs et administration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flocor Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement