FLIR Systems

FLIR Systems Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
Inspirational leaders supporting very smart people, who encourage them to do their best
This is a company that is constantly innovating and improving. It's easy to get behind their product line because of the value they bring in saving lives and protecting national security.
Pros
Excellent leadership, outstanding product, work-life balance, flight training
Cons
Long, rigorous process to obtain security clearance prior to employment
Great culture, work is interesting
I learned about the manufacturing process of machine vision cameras and the entire cycle including development seemed to be quite well established, unsure about how easy it is for advancement in career here but people are generally quite satisfied.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible hours
Flir security Cameras
Good products
The range of product they have goes from baby monitoring to building security surveillance.

They had their call center contract out in Chilliwack BC Canada to a place called Stream. Stream merged with American company called Convergys and FLIR had to take their support line to offshore.
Pros
FLIR products fun to work with
Cons
Convergys very though work environement.
Great Company Culture and FREE LUNCH
FLIR integrated imaging solutions in Richmond (Formerly Point Grey Research Inc.) really knows how to take care of employees. It's a fantastic place to work. If I wasn't on a contract I would have loved to make it a full-time place to work.
Friendly, and constructive work environment
At Flir Systems a typical day starts off with organizing and getting prepared to deal with clients from all around North America.

I've learned alot at Flir including sales techniques, communication skills, time management, research analysis, problem solving skills, mathematical skills, listening skills and overall interpersonal skills.

I've made great connections with co workers overtime and it has helped me progress within the workplace. I've learned that building strong networks is the most business minded attribute to have in order to build success.

The most difficult part of the job can be dealing with the high volume of calls and dealing with irate customers on a regular basis. However, if I feel that I have great patience and customer service skills which helps me with tough clients.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that it's pretty easy going and everybody is very welcoming. During meetings our input and considerations are also taken seriously which is always motivating.
great company
excellent quality products backed by amazing people. benefits are good and employees are treated well.