Flint Corp
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Flint Corp Employee Reviews

Canada627 reviews

Good

Good. Nice friendshipPay is fair. Manger is niceI like the person I worked with The HR boys and girls very kind and polite. I like talking with them. I hope can stick with them.

9 January 2023
Thank you for taking the time to review our page and we are happy that you enjoyed working for FLINT. Your feedback is valuable to our organization as we continuously strive to improve employee satisfaction.

Golf and watching hockey games

I was management so making sure the work team was safe and preforming was first. After that ensuring the customers needs were being met on time and on budget. The rest of the day would be meeting clients to ensure good personal relationships which in turn gave us more work.

Pros

Team support

Cons

24/7 work

3 February 2023
Thank you for taking the time to review our page and give us a 5-star review. We will share your feedback with the appropriate team, so they know our key strengths.

Insights into Flint Corp

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Don't do it

The company it self probably isn't bad but the management they have are your typical politician they tell you one thing and do another nothing but lies out of their mouths

Pros

I'm working

Cons

Working for them

9 January 2023
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we regret that our company did not meet your expectations as an employer. We value your feedback, as it’s important for us to continuously improve our employee engagement and internal processes. We will share your review with our Management team to improve our overall employee satisfaction.

Avoid at All Costs

Do not be fooled by corporate rebranding; it has the internal structure and poor management team. The environment is both very stressful and slow paced. The effort you put in usually doesn't materialize into something productive or new decisions by upper management make such efforts mute. Most likely you will be mistreated by fellow co-workers or management and ethical standards are something of an afterthought. Just as an example a co-workers asked by turn off the security module just so his work is completed and didn't care about the huge exposure that would cause. The two worst departments in are HR and Project Management. Any concerns brought to HR will be summarily dismissed. In my case a senior HR staff instead of working out my issue with fellow co-worker, dismissed it by saying "Maybe he is just bad at his job."Work here only if you are desperate but, try to find something better even if it pays less.

Pros

Decent Salary

Cons

Poor Management, Unorganized, No life work balance

28 December 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our employees are our greatest asset, and we strive to offer a working environment in which they can grow and develop their skills. We will share your review with our Management team to improve our overall employee satisfaction. Your feedback is important to us and will help to improve our workplace environment.

Amazing place too work

Clear stream flint/golosky have always treated me well great people great management wonderful company too work for everyone always looks out for each other amazing safety and very helpful co workers always 😀

28 December 2022
Thank you for taking the time to review our page and give us a 5-star review. We will share your feedback with the appropriate team, so they are aware of our key strengths.

Toxic management and leadership

Culture and corporate leadership incredibly toxic. They say that people are their resource and that is true - they will exploit and mine everything they can out of you for the lowest cost. They will treat you like an expendable resource.

Great job

I got hired not knowing what it is that I would be doing and quickly realized that the job was not for me. I was going to still continue but due to unforseen circumstances I was unable to come in to work.

Pros

Good people, fair pay, good hours

Cons

Boring, have to be always wearing ppe

Excellent Shedule

They have various mines you can work at as an HEO. This allows you to choose between a few different schedules. I like my Schedule as I work 3 Days 3 Nights 6 off.

Pros

Excellent Schedules. Fair pay

Cons

Limited sick days

28 December 2022

Productive workplace with a good crew. Laid back atmosphere despite being in a production mining environment. Advancement opportunities.

The best contractor I’ve ever worked for. We have a great bunch of people working with us, and they do everything they can to make you fit in and succeed. Very friendly atmosphere. Your coworkers and frontline management really want to see you become the best version of yourself. For the first time in a long time I actually really enjoy getting out of bed and going to work. Also you won’t find better money working with contractors in the mining industry, unless you want to work your whole life away. Clearstream has excellent work/life balance in an industry that is not at all known for that. The employee truly comes first with this company. No problems getting time off/vacation approved with ample notice. Benefits are also great. Being embedded with syncrude means you can advance very high up the ladder with a bit of hard work and a good attitude. Dedicate yourself to being the best you can while working with Clearstream, maintain a positive attitude, and maintain good relationships with your coworkers, and before you know it you could be making top dollar with one of the best retirement plans in Canada.

Pros

Pretty much everything

Cons

12.5 hour days and long commute.

14 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to review our page and we are happy that you enjoyed working for ClearStream. Your feedback is valuable to our organization as we continuously strive to improve employee satisfaction.

Revolving door

Lots of lay offs and very few projects. Shop foreman is so grampy and swear a lot. Will push you all the time for the task need to be done and when its done it will be stuck on skid for weeks.

14 November 2022

Management lies and is clueless.

It's flint, but with a different name. They don't provide adequate PPE, 12 hour days more like 16 hour days with no overtime somehow. The cheap out and cut corners where ever they can.

Poor communication, zero collaboration

An interesting experience at a large fast paced company. Zero training for any one. No onboarding. Sink or swim environment. No collaboration from other departments.

7 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we regret that our company did not meet your expectations as an employer. We value your feedback, as it’s essential for us to improve our employee engagement and internal processes continuously. We will share your review with our management team to enhance employee satisfaction.

Flint was a great company to work for

I spent 8 years at Flint before moving onto other opportunities. We show up at the the shop for dispatch and typically work 10 to 12 hour days. I was given a tremendous amount of opportunity to learn almost every area of plant and pipeline construction. Management was always fair and the pay was good. The best part was the crews, I made so many good friends and it didn't seem like a job.

Pros

paid lunches

Cons

away from home

It's ok

Ite a good place to start your career but not to spend years. Layoffs are normal and management genuinely doesn't care about employees. It's good for a year max.

Pros

Not much

Cons

You name it

Better than I expected.

Days at work could be long if there wasn't much to do which was the case at the start of the contract. As time went by things got a lot busier. Management were great, very supportive of everyone on the crew. Morning meetings in the crewroom started off as brief summaries of what to expect for the day. this eventually morphed into ridiculous mini presentations from anyone and everyone that was unfortunate enough to get called upon (this was the only thing I didn't like about being there). I refused. Workplace culture was as you'd expect from a diverse crew working in the oilsands. Different nationalities would gather together in their groups during the morning meetings and at breaks etc but everyone got along if working together. Hardest part of the job, as an apprentice, was having to work with so called 'journeymen' who clearly weren't capable as mentors. The pay was great, I didn't even mind the fly in fly out aspect. I loved the varied work though some tasks were repetitive. Our contract ended abruptly due to an industrial accident that rendered the plant useless as an oil production/refining facility so everyone got sent home otherwise I might even still be working for them.

17 October 2022

Productive and fun

Recommend Company Very nice and good Company, Human Resources responsive and kind…I’m gonna work again to this company if i have a chance. Just the pay cheque only is biweekly

28 December 2022

Fabrication shop is always busy .

It’s nice to work in this company. When they have lots of project you gonna be busy and lots of overtime. But when they don’t have enough projects they just laid off employees permanently and it’s not good !

3 October 2022
Thank you for taking the time to review our page, and we are happy that you enjoyed working for ClearStream. Your feedback is valuable to our organization as we continuously strive to improve employee satisfaction.

Incredibly unfair

Team leads have no idea about leading trades. Company refuses to buy the PPE recommended by CNRL. Treats welders like second class trades compared to mechanics. Gave every employee on site raises except for welders. No pay increases based on very strong performance. I think they really need to rethink how they operate the maintenance division on site. The CNRL employees and management are great to work with. It's sad that Flint is the laughing stock of the shop. There is a ton of potential. But definitely needs some work. Lowest paid contractors in the shop. The 7 and 7 shift is excellent. The FIFO is excellent and the Camp is good. Sadly having Heavy Equipment Operators running a large crew of trades workers, with absolutely no trades knowledge, stand offish attitudes, and literally not willing to help with anything is causing alot of skilled workers to move on to other companies.

28 December 2022

Salary a bit on the lower end to start but good advancement opportunities

Good place to work overall. Interesting work, good training, some job perks. Could offer higher salary to beire competitive. Management is alright but could communicate better

Pros

Advancement opportunities, interesting work, good training, some job perks

Cons

So-so management

Team lead gotta go

I've worked in lots of places. This was far the worst. Czech orientation was about how be fortunate when inherite a farm and now look forward to living cush life. Mackenzie bc approach was arrogant and uneducated. I don't say much bad about a company but you'll see what I mean at the changes needed

Pros

Camp

Cons

Minimal pay, reputation hard to live

8 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we regret that our company did not meet your expectations as an employer. We value your feedback as it’s important for us to continuously improve our employee engagement and internal processes. We will share your review with our Management team to improve our overall employee satisfaction.

Very bad experience

This company is my worst experience ever in the tar sands. They have the supervisors who have no trades, no skills, common sense or intelligence. My orientation was more how financially lucky this supervisor was in life inherited a farm and now lives this 7x7 schedule. Tons of apprenticeship guys will get hours signed. Not to mention during the orientation stating how has no clue about mechanics or welding which they apparently supervise.No HR support, no employee respect and answers you might have.

Pros

Not much

Cons

Sub par competition pay

8 September 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flint Corp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement