Flight Network Employee Reviews

3.1Pay & Benefits
3.1Job Security & Advancement
I wish my time with them was longer
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2017
The only thing you need to worry about are the free snacks - just to many of them... very bad for your waist line.. :)

The culture is what a tech company should be..
Pros
nice people
Helping in resolving critical issues related to sales, and escalated important matters to upper management
Senior Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 September 2017
• Involves making new reservations for both land and air, rescheduling airline reservation on the GDS, checking fare rules and advising penalties / cancellation policy, coordinating with respective airline to resolve any customer complaints
• Providing clients with a positive experience utilizing analytical and strategic skills to ensure customer concerns are resolved with urgency and good judgment
• Build customer relationships by providing prompt and exceptional sales and after sales service
Biggest Learning Oppourtunity
Travel Agent/Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 June 2015
I am happy to be able to say that I grew with Flight Network. I was one of the original call centre agents and grew with the company as positions changed and was able to work with many different departments along the way.

In my last position, I was a customer care representative where I assisted customers with concerns or in same cases, positive reviews. It was my job to call or email clients to help resolve issues and concerns with their reservations, and provide a fair outcome.

It was always satisfying to have a tough problem and be able to solve it and have a happy customer. That was always the goal for each case.

The hardest part of this job was the pressure that comes with it sometimes. There were always a large number of emails, phone calls and pending files to keep up to date.
Pros
Fun events
Cons
Stressful
dedicated to work and lively work place
Backoffice Processing Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 March 2015
Day will start with previous agents pending fraud checks.Manager was very helping and encourage for better work.Targets given by management were able to accomplish with dedication to work.Workplace was very nice and fun loving people .
Pros
free summer treats
Cons
less people in department
A typical White Collar Job Requiring a Skillful tongue and fingers.
Travel Insurance Salesmen (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 May 2013
I was in a joint program working with RBC Travel Insurance and Flight Network, my job consisted of contacting customers who had already purchased tickets from our online site and who had opted out from our RBC Travel Insurance packages. Since they had opted out, it was my duty to convince them other wise. My job was to contact customers all over Canada, East to West and prove to them that RBC Travel Insurance was the safest way to travel. Though Insurance is the devils work many said, it was my unfortunate job to use scare tactics to convince them otherwise going through a list of different bizarre reasons and excuses why travel insurance will save your life in 1000 different situations. Overall I did not enjoy this job at all, though I happened to be pretty good at it.
Pros
No pressure from manager, get to work in your own pace.
Cons
The management is narrow minded and miserly