Flight Centre Employee Review

View all Flight Centre reviews

Pressure Sales, NO WORK/LIFE Balance!
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC, Canada8 June 2013
I had to quit working with the company due to bad management and the pressure that they put on travel agents to mark people up in order to hit sales targets.

I used to be in used car sales, and I found travel agents to be more sleazy and the pressure was enough to drive me to stress leave. The atmosphere is almost always surrounding getting drunk and after work activities. If you cannot participate then you are almost an outcast and the catty travel agents talk behind your back. Not saying they are all bad, you know who you are. The pay just isn't worth the amount of hours that have to put in. I averaged the amount of hrs based on my average pay, including commission, and I averaged about $8.50/hr with benefits.

My suggestion is to work at head office in Vancouver or get there as soon as possible. Stay away from Victoria and Vancouver Island! (except Woodgrove in Nanaimo)

This is a great entry level position, as you are trained for 2 weeks and get to learn A LOT, in a very short period of time. I got to travel to Vietnam, Seattle and Vancouver for Familiarization trips for really cheap and for conferences and even a ball. I was there for a year, and let me tell you, you either love it or you hate it. I am the type of person that would like to work the hours scheduled and go home, not have clients call me with nightmare flight emergencies, and stay overtime almost daily.

Good Luck!

Pros
Benefits, parties, travelling, work experience
Cons
Long hours, low pay, work-life balance, catty coworkers

Other Flight Centre Employee Reviews

It was alright
International travel agent/ sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2018
It was not the best environment as they overworked thier employees with no overtime pay. They were good in motivating workers but terrible management skills
Review
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2018
This is a retail company. Therefore, they tend to have plenty of celebration to encourage staff to keep selling. There are plenty of social events to encourage team building and employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flight Centre. Our community is ready to answer.