Flight Centre Employee Reviews

Review
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2018
This is a retail company. Therefore, they tend to have plenty of celebration to encourage staff to keep selling. There are plenty of social events to encourage team building and employee.
Good atmosphere with limited growth potential
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 March 2018
I found the atmosphere to be quite pleasant, however, a little bit too corporate. There was no room for me to advance, however, others did so as they were full time employees. I wouldn't go back to Flight Centre but think it was a sufficient experience.
Pros
Decent work culture with little overtime
Cons
Too corporate and a little boring
Supportive team environment
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 March 2018
The management genuinely care about your growth and want you to succeed at what you do. Pay and hours can be challenging, but there is potential for growth.
Great perks, but company is not run well.
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2018
- long hours
- expected to attend a lot of social events with lots of drinking
- travel perks and benefits are good
- commission does not pay enough
fun, fast passed workplace
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, Canada6 February 2018
If you enjoy talking to people and great at doing research, this is the job for you. Knowing your way around a computer is a huge asset. Fun work culture
extremely busy place
TRAVEL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2017
Staff are great to work with but the job itself was extremely tiring and I spent 10 to 12 hours a day at the office. Customers could be very demanding as well.
Monthly gatherings for staff, fun atmosphere
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 November 2017
A good company to work for as there are many benefits to the agents. The long hours with no overtime pay can get a bit frustrating, but there are pros and cons with any job.
Pros
Discounts on travel
Cons
Working longer than scheduled often without over time pay
Too much
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2017
This company is highly sales based and asks for targetsthat are nearly untainable. I would not reccomend this company. I feel that they are too numbers based.
A great workplace atmosphere
International Travel Consultant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Flight Centre has probably the best overall atmosphere as a company altogether. The concept of being a "flightie" is an amazing experience, from becoming a "Newie" to advancing in your career, Flight Centre is an amazing company to work for. I enjoyed my time working for Flight Centre very much.
Badly managed, their goals are too far out and they dont train their staff properly.
Executive (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
the actual job is fun, loading and unloading planes, being around aircraft, towing and all of that is good. the company itself is poorly managed and if management does not like you they will drive you out of the company. they treat their employees unfairly, often favoring those who are just friends with the management team and not paying attention to those who actually work and do their job. they do not train their personnel properly.
Fun workplace with advantages of building relationships
International Travel Sales Manager/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2017
I had the chance to work with Flight Centre for almost a year now. I had definitely improved in communication skills and creating the personal relationships with my clientele. I loved the management and I enjoyed the work culture and the atmosphere I was around at Flight Centre. The hardest part about the job is being able to balance the work/life aspects. I did love the social aspect behind Flight centre and being able to build a family atmosphere with my coworkers.
Enjoyable Place to work
Executive (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
This is a fantastic place to work. You feel like family once you walk through the doors. Management is supportive and willing to adapt to all employees.
Pros
Pleasant people to work
yxa
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 April 2017
very pleasant to work for nice environment agent are very knowledeagble best place very nice people the place was very clean and the staff were very kind this is a very noce plca to work and travelaround the world the best place
Great people to work with
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  BC29 March 2017
There are many incredible people that I've had the pleasure to meet and work with. The Australian culture of the company is evident in the way the people interact.
Some perks but so much stress
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON31 December 2016
The salary is basically minimum wage but you are expected to work "as many hours as necessary" so some weeks this can be 60 hours a week. Unsympathetic management
Fun job with very little pay
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
This place is an amazing place to work if you want to love what you do but don't see the pay behind it. It's a very fun environment with really awesome people but the upper management, who say they are a complete open door, have a lack of respect for the front line staff and are actually difficult to talk to.
Pros
conferences out of country, travel benefits
Cons
long hours, little pay, and a steep learning curve
Fun company
Assistant Manager and Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC19 October 2016
What other company is going to give you free travel? Global conferences each year? Yearly award ceremonies? It is however catered more so toward the younger crowd.
Great company, great benefits, needs better balance
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 October 2016
Flight Centre overall is a great company to work for, but you need to put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears to make it work for you. Salary is low, the potential to earn lots is there but you need to work for it.
Pros
Travel, great people
Cons
No work/life balance
Not just a job...but a career
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  VANCOUVER, CANADA27 September 2016
I have been with the company 11 years, and love every minute of it! They have empowered me to be a part of every aspect of the business, encouraged me to travel the globe, and has filled my life with extraordinary people!

The opportunities are endless, and are based on your qualifications, work ethic and enthusiasm. This company appreciates, rewards and supports their employees, in a way I have never seen before.

I consider myself lucky to be part of this organization, whom I now consider my family!
Pros
Travel benefits, Amazing company culture, Recognition galore
Cons
None so far
Amazing company creating a great culture around its people and clients!
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 August 2016
My typical day consists of goal setting, customer service for clients, sales and helping clients plan their dream vacations! I have learned over the course of my time with this company how much I love being busy and wearing different hats within the business! From helping a client get home to see family they haven't seen in a long time, to creating a plan for someone's first trip ever! My co-workers that I have met along my journey are not just co-workers, they have become my family. The hardest part of my job is having someone have to go on a trip for unforeseen circumstances. The most enjoyable part of my job is creating people's travel dreams!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flight Centre. Our community is ready to answer.