Play YouTube video button
Flight Centre

Flight Centre Employee Reviews

Canada95 reviews
Flight centre is a great company to work for, they help in all ways, unfortunately due to covid 19 the travel industry y has been hit hard and after 30 years in this industry I feel it is time to move on.
This is the best company I have worked for by far in my career, I was ready to work for this company for a long time until the pandemic. Started application process in mid August, by mid September was ready to start a new career in travel. I hope the travel industry can come back someday, and FC manages to survive this historic moment, and travel can bounce back, so we can reopen the world for those who want to see
Pros
Culture, benefits, work life balance, team mates
Cons
I had the pleasure of working for Flight Centre for the first few months on 2020. I have never felt so valued as a new employee. The culture is unlike anywhere else. The job can be stressful but very rewarding. The compensation was fair. I'm thankful I had this experience, unfortunately covid-19 affected my future with flight centre.
Pros
Amazing company culture, great people, great perks
Cons
Can be stressful, lots of evenings, difficult to earn commission
Alot of movement to different positions in the company, I have several different positions, in different countries and loved them all. Only left due to Covid.
Pros
Able to move to different roles
Cons
shift work
What you put in is what you get out here. I worked and hustled hard, took care of my clients, always tried my best to get them the right product and always tried to get them the most for their money. I make a good salary here considering and if it weren't for Covid 19 I would be here for life.
Great place to work but in the current covid climate this business is struggling like many others. With half the company laid off we are waiting to see what the future holds.
I’ve never had a job that was more rewarding! We celebrate all of our successes and have amazing opportunities to travel. Flight Centre treats their top consultants like gold. Uncapped commissions, great benefits, RRSP and share matching.
Pros
Company culture, benefits, pay, incentives
Cons
Can be stressful if you aren’t organized or if you aren’t motivated by sales.
Worse place I have ever worked. Dealt with micro manager who verbally abused and gave absolutely no time to learn position. Literally dealt with yelling and criticism on a fairly often basis
Pros
Travel Opportunities
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Office @ Vancouver Downtown
Enjoyable part of job is when you knew that you had help

the agents to what they were needed for their respective clients.
My experience wasn't awful, Flight Centre taught me a lot! Depending where your shop is located, hours can make work-life balance difficult (ie: if your shop is in a mall, you'll have annoying hours) work environment can get quite competitive with sales (however I hear things are different now for the better). Overall, a great large company to be a part of if this is the industry you want to be in!
Struggled the first year, it is very sales-orientated. Work hard, play hard. Staff turn over was initially high but then after my first year things settled down. I had more repeat clients and became more confident in the role. The job isn't for everyone but if you do well it can be a great career
Maybe it was just the location I worked at, but the management is terrible. They expect you to work even when you're not supposed to be, like your days off. Heavy partying and drinking culture and little to no motivation like a commission structure created to make you work your behind off in order to make above minimum wage. Advancement opportunities are there, however it's all about who you know and your qualifications.
I have extensive travel and retail experience and did very well throughout the screening process. During the in-store assessment I feel I did very well but ultimately was not hired. I feel this was due to in store politics and they have truly have lost out on a great travel agent. I have a huge amount of contacts that all travel - I'll certainly be taking this business elsewhere.
I worked for Flight Centre for over 15 years and it was an amazing career. The people and culture were the most amazing part. I travelled the world and experienced cultures that I would have never had the opportunity to otherwise.
10 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working at Flight Centre. We're happy you took opportunities to develop your career within the business and got to travel the world! We wish you the best with your future and hopefully our paths will cross again.
10 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working at Flight Centre. We wish you the best with your future and hope that our paths may cross again some time!
Lots of opportunity to travel. Must be hard driven with sales. Friendly towards everyone is a huge asset. Ability to relocate to additional stores or provinces
11 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working with us. We're happy Flight Centre opened up the world for you, and we wish you all the best with your future endeavours!
A typical day for me would consist of me lead sourcing, making 30 - 40 quality calls.
Have face to face meeting with clients and our operation teams.

The hardest part of the job, is cold calling. The part I enjoy the most is the challenge have presenting in front of a new prospect and answering their objections.

I also enjoy the opportunity to travel.
11 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience working with us!
Flight Centre is a horrible place to work. The pay structure is minimum wage and commission structure is designed to ensure the company is taking home the majority of the profit. They take advantage of all their employees and customers.

For example, they say you get 8% of the sales, but that 8% is only on the commission profit. So, for a $10,000 sale, with a commission of 20% ($2,000) you get 8% of the $2,000 ($16),not the total sale. Very misleading and sleazy.To add, a $10,000 sale is very unlikely.

Save yourself the time and stress and apply to better options. The only people working here are people who are "functioning" alcoholics or people who lack the confidence to stand up and truly
11 November 2019
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your experience.

The Travel Consultant role at Flight Centre is indeed a sales and target driven position with performance-based pay. It's not something that everyone will enjoy, and we're sad to know you're one of them.

We do celebrate achievements regularly and host events for our teams where alcohol is available, however, the consumption is always a personal choice.

We are committed to developing a culture where all staff are encouraged to raise concerns about poor or unacceptable practices, misconduct or anything improper. You can report any behaviour that does not follow our code of conduct to your leaders, or anonymously through our Whistleblowing service, which is available at Flight Deck - our internal network.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
Very fun employment culture however the to really make a living it requires a lot of hustle. Once you get the rhythm of meeting targets, it's a great place to work
30 September 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give a balanced review of your experience working at Flight Centre. Yes we believe we have a very strong and positive culture, which is generally celebrated and has in fact led to us winning a number of awards. Many of these awards are based on employee feedback. We do accept that Flight Centre is not for everyone and we are so glad that you had the positive experience that we endeavour to provide for all our employees. We wish you the best with your future and hope that our paths may cross again some time.
Great company to work for. commission focused so if not making great sales then it is hard to make money. Great travel perk and free trip incentives which make it more desirable.
27 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give a review of your experience working at Flight Centre. We wish you the best with your future and hope that our paths may cross again some time.
Flight Centre is a place where you can work around the clock if you want, the more effort you put in, the more results you will see and your client base will grow. There is a certain amount of pressure put on you to achieve those higher numbers, to work longer hours, especially in the busy season which is where you lose the work/life balance. If you love sales, and are passionate about travel and helping to make people travel dreams come true, as well as opening doors to travel yourself, this is a great place to start, Just take care of yourself and don't let yourself burn out.
Fun work place - work hard & play hard. Great training, incentives and benefits. The perfect job if you have the travel bug. Every single day is different - always learning something new.
27 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give a balanced review of your experience working at Flight Centre. We wish you the best with your future and hope that our paths may cross again some time.