Flex-n-Gate Employee Reviews

A place to work
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON12 February 2018
I learned a lot as a lead hand. People that you work with are nice and helping. Overtime would be expected since its always last minute. Management would always ask for more than you're expected to do.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Overtime
Poor Management
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Tottenham, ON5 February 2018
This is the kind of place that make a lot of money but the workers never see any of it. The wages have gone up $5 in 30 years to $17. We have a management and H.R. that ignore important issues like, Bullying, verbal altercations, Harassment and even assault (this was later felt with because the labor board was informed).
Pros
Once you pass your 6 month probation, you have a unionized job.
Cons
Inept management, low worker moral.
Good company
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 February 2018
Very professional company with good management and every time improvement technology and equipment. Good work conditions, benefits and salaries, respectable atmosphere
great working place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON8 January 2018
as many companies they are trying there best to continuously improve the way of doing business, I will say it is a great learning environment as there is nothing such as good or bad only circumstance where we learn to grow and evolve
Pros
sociability
Great place to work with great job security
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON13 December 2017
Fast paced environment with great people for the most part, great management , union work, Hard on family/ social life most employees start on midnights.
Great company
Floor associate (Current Employee) –  Tottenham, ON3 December 2017
Working at Flex-N-Gate has been noting but a great experience! From the fast pace on the floor; to all of the friendly and out going employees, there isn't much not to like. I wouldn't mind an extra 5 minutes on break, but I won't start complaining.. We don't get paid to stand around, right?
Pros
Friendly staff, fast pace
Cons
Parking lot not paved
fun and interactive place with lots of outside activities
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON13 November 2017
its nice and warm where everyone knows each other. the hardest part of the job is the jacks and rodding. sometimes it is hard to adjust to anothr type of jack you are building but once you get the hag of it youll be fine.
Pros
an hour lunch in total
Cons
very noisy
Ok work but bad management
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON13 October 2017
I learned a lot about assembly work when I was there as you are not stuck in one station the whole time; I was moved around a bit to different stations. I think honestly the hardest part on the assembly side is moving the blue bins of parts but even that isn't that bad. My most enjoyable part of that job was going home. Management is not good at all.
Fast pace-just in time Automotive
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  tottenham20 July 2017
Rotate workers daily, promote positive attitude, motivate employees,discipline when necessary. Promote 5's program. Continuous improvement in safety and efficiency.
Pros
great company
Cons
2nd Shift
Fun workplace
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON14 July 2017
Overall a good place to work. Union does what they can. Good people and flexible to your needs within reason. Very accommodating to light duty restrictions.
Pros
All breaks paid.
Cons
Swing shift.
not a nice place to work
General Labourer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ON11 May 2017
this company has a lot of favourtism and if they do not like you they harras you and make you feel be littled, they say they are family oriented but are not even close.
Diversify workplace but very poor management style.. people are being treated as slave
Line Assembly (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 April 2017
A good workplace to stay as long as you get you seniority because the union don't protect the TPT at all although they're cutting union dues out of your paycheque. Just a waste of money. Also, the Production Manager yells at his workers like a slave.
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
Bad Management
Parts cars assembled (Former Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON6 February 2017
All workers have to learn from each other with appropriate to teaching another..the company always had the big orders..job opening..keep busy
Pros
Good benefit bonus ...very often on free lunch
great place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 January 2017
I already submitted and review for this I dont know why its asking again but this place was great the other staff were good and the managnent was really good as well.
Fast Paced, very good place to work
Temporary contract through AppleOne (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON27 January 2017
Great place to work, flexible hours, very compassionate staff, great lead hands and supervisors as well as office staff, staff lunches for special occasions IE christmas ECT
good employees
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON17 January 2017
lack of future planning
employees work hard to accomplish goals
learned computer skills
need more employee perks
trouble meeting deadlines due to parts shortages
Steady Shift with friendly people
Fulltime Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 January 2017
Working for Flex N Gate allows you to understand alot about the car industry by balancing production, customers demand and meeting the acceptable quality standards set by the factory and the customer.

It maybe difficult to adapt but given the time, anyone who is determined can easily achieve the company's objective which is Top quality and production.
Not the greatest.
General labour (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON27 December 2016
Hired full time, hated the management. Rude and lack lustre. Training is spotty and lacking. They just care about the bottom line and retreat their employees like cattle.
Pros
More then minimum wage
Cons
Bad management, lacks advancement opportunity
fast pass environment provides opportunities for developing inovative solutions, drawing solutions from fellow team members
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON27 December 2016
Management are open to creative thinking, allowing some time for testing and implementation of ideas. Co-workers are very passionate about their work.
toughest part of the job is to get everything you want to get done before end of the day.
my most enjoyable part is the openness i have 'especially' with my boss when discussing solutions and ideas for improvements to our operations. my hard work is recognized by my co-workers and management.
Pros
Sou-chef runs our cafeteria, time is allowed to maintain a very clean office and factory environments
Cons
this young company has room for improving it's procedures and methods of communication
Mixed reaction
QA/QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON15 November 2016
In general most people were pleasant.
Many long term employees had the easy jobs.
Many long-term employees seem not to be held accountable while contract workers were given extra jobs.
Would not recommend this location unless you know someone who can pave the way in for you.
Pros
Fork lift drivers are very safety orientated, Kitchen with reasonably priced meals
Cons
Very little rotation, Ergonomics is not practice, Team leaders speak in their language, some were very rude and upper management seemed to not be concerned

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flex-n-Gate. Our community is ready to answer.