Flex-n-Gate Employee Reviews

Don't stay for long
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON16 January 2019
Don't expect to work the day shift here. Only afternoons and nights available for new employees. You have to do a 90 day probation period before getting hired. Unionized job which can be good and bad. Takes 3 years for new employees to reach the top rate.

Take the job but look for something else while employed here. Use this place as motivation to better yourself. Double standards and overall a toxic environment.
Pros
Weekly Pay, Steady shifts, Benefits
Cons
Hierarchy environment, low pay, dead-end job
Only focus is parts. Not real safety.
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON23 January 2019
I would not recommend working for this company. their are safety meetings monthly. Every month the same concerns are brought up again and again. I did not want to be the lift truck driver that killed somebody so I left.
Pros
Some great people work their, including management.
Cons
Too much overtime.
Long days that are made better by sweet coworkers
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 January 2019
It's an alright place to work. I wouldn't suggest it over other places if you're working as a general labourer in production, but if you have a degree as a weld tech. or are qualified for a higher paying job in the plant, by all means. The starting pay for a general labourer is $15 an hour. For the first 3 months until you're hired on that's what you make. Once you're hired on you continue to make $15 an hour for 6 months, when your pay goes up to $16. After that your pay goes up by either 25 cents, 50 cents, or 75 cents until you max out at around $23 or $24.

There needs to be a new contract made that betters the lives of people just starting out. They're having a hard time keeping people working there.
Good place to get experance but too much selfiveness
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 October 2018
The management really didn't pushed the workers to a point of breaking point and demanded productions ( which is understandable but there are proper ways and improper ways ) A lot of favouritism.
Cons
Favouritism
Horrible Place
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ON22 January 2019
Don't work there no matter how desparate you are for a job. The plant manager is a jerk and is like jekyl and hyde. The plant is dirty and not run well. The equipment is falling apart and leaking oil everywhere. You are not treated nicely. personnel lady cannot be trusted.
Cons
plant manager
mismanaged and unsafe
Forklift driver for one year of employment (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ON3 July 2018
There is no communication and the workforce goes unappreciated. The higher ups corroborate with each other and favoritism is rampant. Machines need to be fixed and supervisors need to be replaced.
Pros
Pays okay
Cons
Stress and malcontontention
Poor Management
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Tottenham, ON5 February 2018
This is the kind of place that make a lot of money but the workers never see any of it. The wages have gone up $5 in 30 years to $17. We have a management and H.R. that ignore important issues like, Bullying, verbal altercations, Harassment and even assault (this was later felt with because the labor board was informed).
Pros
Once you pass your 6 month probation, you have a unionized job.
Cons
Inept management, low worker moral.
Not that great of a place to work. Not as rewarding of a career as they would lead you to believe
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 October 2016
Pros: Salary and Benefits

Cons: Upper management will ultimately dismiss any good ideas you have because they are not their own. If you're good at what you do get comfortable because they will tell you they will move you were you want to go but at the end of the day their promises go right out the window.

As far as projects go you will have several manager to report to which will all give you projects that are "Priority" and if any fall behind you will be reprimanded.

If you like being stressed out at work I highly recommend working here.

Everything looks great at first but slowly deteriorates as they show their true colors.
Pros
Salary
Dirty environment
Press Operator / Die Separator (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ON22 May 2018
Its a factory. It is filthy and smells horrible. I left due to a health reaction to the chemicals. They are not an understanding company when it comes to things like a death in the family.. You get written up if you are at all late even if you are a dependable worker on a really bad weather day!
Pros
decent money
Cons
environment
A place to work
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON12 February 2018
I learned a lot as a lead hand. People that you work with are nice and helping. Overtime would be expected since its always last minute. Management would always ask for more than you're expected to do.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Overtime
Ok work but bad management
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON13 October 2017
I learned a lot about assembly work when I was there as you are not stuck in one station the whole time; I was moved around a bit to different stations. I think honestly the hardest part on the assembly side is moving the blue bins of parts but even that isn't that bad. My most enjoyable part of that job was going home. Management is not good at all.
fast pass environment provides opportunities for developing inovative solutions, drawing solutions from fellow team members
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON27 December 2016
Management are open to creative thinking, allowing some time for testing and implementation of ideas. Co-workers are very passionate about their work.
toughest part of the job is to get everything you want to get done before end of the day.
my most enjoyable part is the openness i have 'especially' with my boss when discussing solutions and ideas for improvements to our operations. my hard work is recognized by my co-workers and management.
Pros
Sou-chef runs our cafeteria, time is allowed to maintain a very clean office and factory environments
Cons
this young company has room for improving it's procedures and methods of communication
Great place to work with great job security
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON13 December 2017
Fast paced environment with great people for the most part, great management , union work, Hard on family/ social life most employees start on midnights.
Good Place to work at
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON31 March 2018
It is not a bad place to work at. It is a bit chaotic. You have to manage to make sense of the madness, but this the automotive industry these days. Good Luck.
Not the greatest.
General labour (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON27 December 2016
Hired full time, hated the management. Rude and lack lustre. Training is spotty and lacking. They just care about the bottom line and retreat their employees like cattle.
Pros
More then minimum wage
Cons
Bad management, lacks advancement opportunity
fast paced very repetative, accurtacy is vital.
labour (Former Employee) –  75 industrial road tottenham.21 November 2013
We had assigned lines, but I was extensively trained on all lines and areas. Learned how to assemble various different types of jacks. Management was strict but helped everyone stay focused.
Pros
good pay. full time with benefits
Mixed reaction
QA/QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON15 November 2016
In general most people were pleasant.
Many long term employees had the easy jobs.
Many long-term employees seem not to be held accountable while contract workers were given extra jobs.
Would not recommend this location unless you know someone who can pave the way in for you.
Pros
Fork lift drivers are very safety orientated, Kitchen with reasonably priced meals
Cons
Very little rotation, Ergonomics is not practice, Team leaders speak in their language, some were very rude and upper management seemed to not be concerned
Diversify workplace but very poor management style.. people are being treated as slave
Line Assembly (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 April 2017
A good workplace to stay as long as you get you seniority because the union don't protect the TPT at all although they're cutting union dues out of your paycheque. Just a waste of money. Also, the Production Manager yells at his workers like a slave.
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
Bad Management
great working place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON8 January 2018
as many companies they are trying there best to continuously improve the way of doing business, I will say it is a great learning environment as there is nothing such as good or bad only circumstance where we learn to grow and evolve
Pros
sociability
Great company
Floor associate (Current Employee) –  Tottenham, ON3 December 2017
Working at Flex-N-Gate has been noting but a great experience! From the fast pace on the floor; to all of the friendly and out going employees, there isn't much not to like. I wouldn't mind an extra 5 minutes on break, but I won't start complaining.. We don't get paid to stand around, right?
Pros
Friendly staff, fast pace
Cons
Parking lot not paved

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flex-n-Gate. Our community is ready to answer.