Fleming College Employee Reviews

Clinic Supervisor
Clinic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 November 2018
I liked teaching. It was challenging to think through assessment issues with students. Also like sharing massage techniques. The students were great.
The college reduced the hourly rate to just over $20.00 which began at $42.00, They did that by changing the job title/classification. According to the college supervising was not teaching. That was disappointing as I think the students were learning a lot from me and other employees teaching in clinics. It was not financially viable to work for Fleming.
Pros
colleague relationships
Cons
poor pay
Very fun co-workers in the Cashier Dept.
Office of the Registrar (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON15 September 2018
I got in as a student for the summer and had my contract extended throughout my 5th semester of school. However, as I had to do a full time placement i had to give up my job. It is a very difficult place to attain a job in, unless you are in the union as a full time employee and want to move around laterally into other departments.
Pros
Greta breaks
Cons
Suggestions for improvement not taken seriously
good school
student (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 November 2018
was a good school but the strike that happened really screwed over many people including the staff it was trying to protect and help. the students shouldnt have had to pay for that
Management and technical skills
Database running website Management project (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 June 2018
i learnt management and technical skills through completing my 4 month project. in it, i learnt to manage time and team work skills to achieve our desired target
Good place to learn and implement
Help Desk (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 July 2018
We can learn and implement under the guidance of college faculty. We can study here as well as work to gain professional experience. By doing this, college give chance to their student to learn job and earn money.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
temporary roles only
I am still a student there
Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON30 April 2018
Program ok, management of PN program abysmal, no organization, no compassion or sympathy to individual situations. Financial aid person horrible, degrading, humiliating; if a course failed you have to wait for so long to retake since not enough spots, big waste of time!!
Pros
good teachers
Cons
poor management
great school
Student (Former Employee) –  Kawartha Lakes, ON26 March 2018
learned heavy equipment, good management, fun environment, good workplace culture very welcoming, most enjoyable part was running equipment least enjoyable was the length of the program
Pros
lots learned
Cons
short time
Rewarding job
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 June 2018
A good job but no security. Requirements to teach LINC are low - TESL but no teaching degree. It would be an added benefit to students to have fully-certified teachers with extensive classroom experience.
Great Teachers/Techs
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 May 2018
I loved working with the teachers and technicians in the classes that I was assigned to. They worked around my school schedule. I loved getting the extra experiencing on the equipment.
Good place to get an education and job quickly
Teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  student19 April 2018
good quality programs, and high employment rate. The college campus is one that is simple and easy to maneuver, not too big and not too small just right.
Pros
good programs
Cons
expensive
Small campus
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON5 February 2018
Being a satellite campus, there was little supervision from the main department so it is very hard for me to offer much as a review. It would have been nice to have more communication/contact with the main campus and supervising director. I only met her once.
Pros
Nearby
Cons
Disconnected from main campus
Poor Leadership
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kawathras18 October 2017
Management decisions are not in the best interests of Staff and Students.

Disconnect between Leadership and Support Staff.

Poor communication and training.

Lack of understanding regarding who does what.

Difficult to stay engage because Support Staff are not treated like their opinions and ambitions matter.
Pros
Pleasant Staff
Cons
Disengaging work environment
healthy vibrant environment
Marketing Consultant -part-time (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 July 2017
Celebrating post secondary education in a healthy supporting environment. Great collaborative spirit, dynamic teams. Great vision and desire to be progressive, imaginative and innovative. Faculty & support staff are approachable and willing to cooperate on special projects to meet objectives and deadlines. Very rewarding.
Pros
Loads of life happening around you
Cons
short term contract assignements
awesome college and taechers
Student (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON16 July 2017
The Heavy Equipment Back-Up Power generation course is a very fast pace course and love every minute of it, there is a lot of hands on training as well as reading material.
would recommend it to anyone interested in Power generation diesel engines or heavy equipment.
Pros
experienced teachers
Cons
really pact in information
Great leaning experience and volunteer work.
Observatory Technician (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON19 December 2012
Excellent hands on experience with GIS technology.
In a typical day I monitor and maintain all data computer equipment and do analysis on the data using MS Excel graphing and ESRI GIS software. In the Observatory I research and collect data for solar radiation, gravity, and cosmic activity. Oral and document reports are given to the group leader weekly. Tours and education of students and interested visitors were given on current Observatory research on a regular basis.
Orientation at the college
STUDENT (Current Employee) –  PETERBOROUGH9 September 2015
This was my first day at the college and was pleased to see the students from various countries of the world and the lush green campus of the college.The orientation was one the best I have experienced.The function was very efficiently managed by the faculties,the senior students and helped me to know about the places around suitable for accomodation,places for buying groceries,the eating areas and lots more.They were vry friendly and felt at home
Pros
Barbeques and snacks
Overall good place to work.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Lindsay14 October 2012
Overall its a good place to work. There are two types of wok environments at Fleming, one is a negative place where people think they deserve the best and they need a dose of the real world. But the more positive side of Fleming is a geat place to work, there are allot of friends and family that get together for social events such as christmas dinners/dances, golf, baseball and so on. This more positive side is a great place to work in.
International Students Ambassador
International Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 October 2014
- Prepare database layout
- Give presentations
- Solid time management skill
- Interacting with new people/students
- Help students finding accommodation and other help that they may need
Exciting and Educational work
Atlantic salmon/ Rainbow trout Hatchery (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON13 January 2016
Weekend shifts 8am-12pm
Fish Husbandry with Trout and Salmon
Great Management
Great Co-workers
Mechanical difficulties
Interacting and raising fish
Pros
so much to learn
Cons
nothing
productive
time management
report management
risk analysis
quality report
Pros
management skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fleming College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4