Fleming College

Fleming College Employee Reviews

Excellent culture, great people to work with. Enjoyed teaching as a Part-Time Faculty member in the school of business. Fellow staff, including the Chair are always open to new ideas.
The fellow staff you work with are great but middle and upper management are over paid, under achievers. There seems to be a manager for every supervisor and a director for every other manger. Some mangers don’t even have staff under them. Getting a definitive answer from higher ups is next to impossible because there is no communication between them and even if you do get an answer it tends to change, making work and projects difficult. There are too many captains trying to steer a ship they don’t even notice it’s sinking.
Pros
Great pay, good benefits, nice work environment
Cons
Heavy in middle and upper management, no direction from leaders, poor communication
I got a position as a student and it was amazing that students can be hired to pretty much anywhere in the school to do all kinds of different jobs. I made a lot of connections
I wish I could choose to keep working in this establishment. However, as an international worker, I am required to obtain a manager/supervisor position
As a part of a social service worker program, I want to say that I learned a lot of things related to my program. I want to mention that one of the best things that I mention here is I learned how to behave positively in a difficult situation. The experiences of my volunteer work are great at Fleming College. in this way, I communicate with a lot of students.
Pros
co operative
Cons
Although it is technically work study working at Fleming As an RA you are paid less than nothing to go above and beyond and don't even get free residence.
job is easy if you love talking and interacting, the interview is difficult as the manager judges you mainly on your customer service experiences and your way of talking as you will be mostly on calls. It's a outbound call center environment.
was a great place to work while taking classes at the school. flexible hours are great, co-workers are down to earth and very helpful with any questions i had.
Fleming College is an amazing place to learn and prosper. If you use the resources wisely, Fleming College can help enhance both the professional and personal qualities on a student.
As good as we can say. If anyone want to try it then you should do this with a great experience. They are dealing with all of the communities with dilligently.
I really liked volunteer work there.very nice environment even its faces passed and competitive you will still feel light over there. They have every service available that makes you work easy.
Fleming college treat employees with respect manner. Such a great place to gain experience and confidence. enjouying my time being there. hope more to explore in the future.
As a first aid responder I'd have to get up early in the morning, check my gear, then wait in the first aid room for a call to come in and I would respond to it and that's when it would get stressful. I learned alot of different medical procedures. The management was fine and kept our gear in good condition. The hardest part about the job was the time spent on calls I would often miss classes as I was a student at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job however was the satisfaction of helping another person.
Stressful and not for everyone. You need a very thick skin and specific training to be able to handle this job. Having your team build each other up is very important in this position, because it can tear individuals down very quickly.
The people at the college are what make it such a great place to be. It can feel more like a family at times than a group of colleagues. The downside was that student benefits and pay were minimum with little interest to increase it.
i reallly enjoyed with people that i worked with. they are very friendly and supportive. they were always ready to help when ever some one or me stuck during job. the have nice tools and clean work shop. i like the environment about the shop.
Fleming college Residence was a good place to work. You have to have a strong head and be able to focus on the problem in front of you. I could not do that.
Overall, there are stessful times associated with the position. Although it is great experience with team skills, communication (verbal&written), time management skills. It's also a great job to have and balance with school at the same time.
I enjoy teaching and giving instruction. Young people today are a challenge to teach as there are so many distractions. The aids for presentation and delivery are a great help, but it still comes down to developing a relationship between instructor and student. They perform so much better when their heart is in it.
I volunteered here while going to school! Worked on some websites for college programs and everyone was very nice. I also tutored some students in C# programming as a volunteer.
While technically, I still work there, I haven't been called back in years. Most of the courses that I teach have gone online through OntarioLearn and the pay rates vary a lot for them. While I taught my courses in introductory computers, Excel, Hardware Fundamentals and Linux, I learned how to do with a few difficult students and to adapt my course to their needs. Flexibility is a large part of this job, especially when teaching adults. Planning engaging activities is important, too. It was challenging at times, especially course development but it was fun to be in the classroom.
  1. Employee reviews