Fleming College

Fleming College Employee Reviews

Canada69 reviews
Great Facilities
Excellent culture, great people to work with. Enjoyed teaching as a Part-Time Faculty member in the school of business. Fellow staff, including the Chair are always open to new ideas.
Proactive work environment
I wish I could choose to keep working in this establishment. However, as an international worker, I am required to obtain a manager/supervisor position
As a student it is wonderful but i never worked at Fleming college . i worked there as a volunteer without any salary.
As a part of a social service worker program, I want to say that I learned a lot of things related to my program. I want to mention that one of the best things that I mention here is I learned how to behave positively in a difficult situation. The experiences of my volunteer work are great at Fleming College. in this way, I communicate with a lot of students.
Pros
co operative
Cons
Unfair wages for the amount of work youre required too do
Although it is technically work study working at Fleming As an RA you are paid less than nothing to go above and beyond and don't even get free residence.
Fun working environment
job is easy if you love talking and interacting, the interview is difficult as the manager judges you mainly on your customer service experiences and your way of talking as you will be mostly on calls. It's a outbound call center environment.
Productive work place
was a great place to work while taking classes at the school. flexible hours are great, co-workers are down to earth and very helpful with any questions i had.
Amazing
Fleming College is an amazing place to learn and prosper.

If you use the resources wisely, Fleming College can help enhance both the professional and personal qualities on a student.
Productive and fun both
As good as we can say.
If anyone want to try it then you should do this with a great experience.

They are dealing with all of the communities with dilligently.
Fleming is one of the top college
I really liked volunteer work there.very nice environment even its faces passed and competitive you will still feel light over there. They have every service available that makes you work easy.
Fun Place
Fleming college treat employees with respect manner. Such a great place to gain experience and confidence. enjouying my time being there. hope more to explore in the future.
Stressful but boring
As a first aid responder I'd have to get up early in the morning, check my gear, then wait in the first aid room for a call to come in and I would respond to it and that's when it would get stressful. I learned alot of different medical procedures. The management was fine and kept our gear in good condition. The hardest part about the job was the time spent on calls I would often miss classes as I was a student at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job however was the satisfaction of helping another person.
Long work hours that extend into the morning and organization is key to balance
Stressful and not for everyone. You need a very thick skin and specific training to be able to handle this job. Having your team build each other up is very important in this position, because it can tear individuals down very quickly.
Great Work Environment
The people at the college are what make it such a great place to be. It can feel more like a family at times than a group of colleagues. The downside was that student benefits and pay were minimum with little interest to increase it.
fun work place
i reallly enjoyed with people that i worked with. they are very friendly and supportive. they were always ready to help when ever some one or me stuck during job.
the have nice tools and clean work shop. i like the environment about the shop.
Fleming college Residence was a good place to work. You have to have a strong head and be able to focus on the problem in front of you. I could not do that.
Amazing Campus Job
Overall, there are stessful times associated with the position. Although it is great experience with team skills, communication (verbal&written), time management skills. It's also a great job to have and balance with school at the same time.
Latitude for creativity in delivering course material
I enjoy teaching and giving instruction. Young people today are a challenge to teach as there are so many distractions. The aids for presentation and delivery are a great help, but it still comes down to developing a relationship between instructor and student. They perform so much better when their heart is in it.
Great place
I volunteered here while going to school! Worked on some websites for college programs and everyone was very nice. I also tutored some students in C# programming as a volunteer.
Easy job, great pay but only casual part-time
While technically, I still work there, I haven't been called back in years. Most of the courses that I teach have gone online through OntarioLearn and the pay rates vary a lot for them.

While I taught my courses in introductory computers, Excel, Hardware Fundamentals and Linux, I learned how to do with a few difficult students and to adapt my course to their needs. Flexibility is a large part of this job, especially when teaching adults. Planning engaging activities is important, too. It was challenging at times, especially course development but it was fun to be in the classroom.
Fun workplace
Student placement at Fleming was a great experience and had the opportunity to work on projects with very knowledgeable staff and outside sources. would recommend.
Excellent Workplace
Strong recommendation to apply to this position as it becomes available. A great opportunity to work with students and faculty, and to become a member in the College community. Friendly workplace where I would absolutely work again if provided the opportunity.