Flatiron Construction Corp

Flatiron Construction Corp Employee Reviews

Canada99 reviews
The salary based wage did not compensate for the additional hours worked. 60 + hours per week - pay based on 40 hours.
Good quality team to work with with a friendly, casual work environment.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Pay structure, scheduling time off.
Fast paced work environment with a lot of great lads to work with, made the days go by with ease. had no problem with my boss's they ran a tight ship so it was easy to fall into a routine.
I Loved working for Flatiron. I was treated will respect and paid very well for my work. I would definitely work for them again. Hopefully that opportunity will come up in the future.
Pros
Excellent wages, great benifits package.
very fast paste. a lot of good people. Hard to get into but once your in they will take you all over the country. There are management issues. its like that everywhere
Working for many different foreman's meant for quick advancement in knowledge of tools and equipment.
The wage was more then fair for the work being done, and the long hours worked is something I enjoy doing.
I met a lot of great people working at flatiron I would definitely recommend working for their organization they pick up large projects and work in the team to get a completed
I can say easy than this type of company built de world, so amazing and quickly , i work for this guys and we build 47 bridges in les then 4 years so that's so crazy, i can see that happen in the others bridges where i work too.
i like so much have the right tools and equipment always there, i just can believe how bad the administrators, field engineers, surveys and other office guys are in this cain of projects for that great and beautiful big company.
Was good on the first project but after that the dedicated hard working employees found themselves working harder and the lazy ones got promoted.lost ambition working with this company seeing there was no room for advancement.
Flatiron Constructors was awesome for the people, as well as the expectations of work. You were never rushed, always insisted to be safe above everything else. Friendly co-workers. The wages that they paid really reflected on the people that they got.
I left because it was the end of the job in the Red Deer Area.
Have not heard if there are any more jobs on the board as of yet.

As a company over all they are good they do have a large amount of foreman change over.
To me working for them was a good experience. They have taught me well on the ethics of road construction and I would do it again. They treated me well.
Flatiron is a straight up Construction Contractor. Very professional,with a lot of depth in their industry. Specialists in Bridge building. Lots of hours work, but compensated well.
Very good company to work for and they provided many future opportunities.

Excellent company structure with a focus on employee development and great benefits.
They pay good and treat you pretty good. I don't have much else to say about this place as I didn't really work there for very long. But if it came down to it, I would work there again.
Great place to work, very friendly management with many chances to advance if you initiate drive and ambition. would recommend working there as there is lots of room for growth.
I recived good pay benefits and lots of overtime hours. I was able to start my apprenticeship with them and work my work through several years until the project finished and I moved on to another company doing the same thing. Overall was treated with respect, given good work to complete and obtained my apprenticeship. Overall was good.
Cons
Long hours, worked weekends.
Great place to work. Haven’t had contact to much with past coworkers unfortunately but life gets in the way for everyone. Very easygoing place while I was there. Truly enjoyed it.
Pros
Friendly staff, generous company, relaxed atmosphere, no micro managing
Cons
The company doesn't like to pay overtime and won't unless you confront them about it. They believe if they offer you a salary you don't get paid overtime. When I questioned why I wasn't paid overtime, they said that my supervisor put in timesheets saying that I only worked 40 hours a week when I was actually working 10-12 hour days, 6-7 days a week. There was no record of the actual hours I worked. They have screwed many employees out of thousands of hours of overtime pay!
Pros
Some free lunches, most employees are nice, get to work on large projects
Cons
Long hours, have to fight to pay overtime
lots of hard work lots to learn lots of opportunity never had any issues with management made good money with the company and learned a lot about carpentry
Pros
good place to work
Cons
Long days, many days as is most seasonal projects.
competitive pay great benefits CLAC union.

Weekly pay. Many meetings.Not for everyone, hard work and many hours means personal time management.
FLATIRON was a great life experience. Long hours but a great place to work. Everyone around was willing to teach newer people. Room for advancement is there if you want it.
Pros
Great team