Flanagan Foodservice Inc.

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

driverfamilyshiftfeellongbenefitproductculture

great people

good team great people good benefits. people you can confide in health creditboots credithealth coverage good benefitsgreat bossno micro managing

16 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience with Flanagan’s. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your time here! The Human Resources Team.

Not a goal oriented company

If you aren't a material handler you are a ghost to this company. There are few people that stay long. It is the type of job you have to be ready to work hard for no return.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

No respect no wage increases

Insights into Flanagan Foodservice Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

meh

expect no hours in the winter and 50 hour weeks in the summer. Pay is good especially on incentive. They preach "family oriented business" "safety is number one" but its all a front.

Pros

money

Cons

long hours, bad management (minus the exception of a few)

26 September 2022
Thank you for your comments and feedback. The health and safety of our employee's and the food safety for our customers are our top priorities at Flanagan's. Your feedback will be taken seriously and we will be looking into this and seeking corrective action, if appropriate, after our review. The Human Resources Team.

Great family culture

I enjoy working at Flanagan Foodservice there is always someone to talk to if you have a problem and the pay and benefits are fair in todays market. They have lots of great programs like profit sharing and savings club.

1 March 2022
Thank you for your feedback! We work hard to ensure that our compensation is competitive for our drivers and aim to provide great perks and benefits for them and their families. We're so glad you enjoy working with us! The Human Resources Team.

Great place to work, Well manage and organized, Fast Paced

The company is fast paced and always looking for new innovative ideas for the food industry. You have the ability to work in three different departments and there are opportunities always to move laterally. A lot of lifting from start of your shift to the end but the pay is good. I learn every day i come to work because of the high caliber of people employed to work there with diverse experience

Pros

Profit Sharing, good pay, good benefits

Cons

Long hours in the busy summer months

1 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working with us! We have so many different career paths at Flanagan’s and aim to create an environment that offers great advancement opportunities for our employees. Giving our internal employees first priority for these opportunities is very important to us. The Human Resources Team.

great workplace!

great workplace and great management. Very inclusive environment. Employees are treated fairly and are recognized for their achievements. You can be certain that your hard work will be noticed here!

Pros

employee recognition programs, monetary bonuses, employee events and giveaways. Great benefits and good hours

1 March 2022
Thank you for your feedback! Building a positive workplace culture for our employees is very important to us and we're glad you enjoy working with us. The Human Resources Team.

A great family oriented culture with lots of room for growth!

Flanagan's is a great place to work! I thoroughly enjoy going to work every day. It is a very team oriented environment where everyone supports and encourages each other. I feel appreciated and valued by my coworkers, and love working in the fast paced environment. Most importantly, Flanagan supports having a work/life balance and offers great benefits. I am very happy with my decision to join Flanagan Foodservice!

Pros

Positive culture and work environment, Hard work is recognized and rewarded, Great benefits such as flexible group benefits, paid day off on your birthday, Holiday savings club, health and wellness benefit and employee pricing for products.

Cons

Work can be fast paced, especially during summer months.

24 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience with Flanagan’s. Creating a family oriented culture is what we strive for every day: where our employees feel valued and where they feel they can make an impact. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your time here! The Human Resources Team.

Great place to work , good people

Good company ,good people fair pay good benefits and extra perks . It is the food business so not a lot of time off , you work on holidays, long weekends so if you are good with that then no problems.

Pros

Good pay, great programs

9 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working with us. We will share your feedback internally and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with Flanagan’s. We wish you all the best moving forward.The Human Resources Team.

Good Place to Work

Genuinely a great work culture. Nights were just not for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that you can make a lot of money if you are willing to put the work in.

Pros

Great benefits and perks

Cons

- You are expected to work until the work is done, So you can be done anywhere between 1 - 6 in the morning.

21 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working with us. We will share your feedback internally and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with Flanagan’s. We wish you all the best moving forward. The Human Resources Team.

Over Worked & Under Paid

There is always talk about change but it never comes. You are expected to work double or triple your work load and get it all done which is an unrealistic expectation. There is no such thing as being paid adequately in this company unless you work in the warehouse. You are overwhelmed & under appreciated as Senior Management only cares about about the money you are collecting. This department is half staffed at best and with the money they are not spending on staff you'd think those that are there working crazy hours would have received a decent raise but that wasn't the case, what was given was an insult at best. They pride themselves on being a "Family" business however do nothing to make you feel that way.

Pros

Co Workers

Cons

Salary, Work Load, Senior Management

1 November 2021

Flanagan's is a great place to work. You fly up the pay scale if you perform well. It also has competitive benefits, etc. Fast paced environment and good overall morale.

Pros

Good pay

29 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working with us. We will share your feedback internally and are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with Flanagan’s. We wish you all the best moving forward. The Human Resources Team.

Poor work environment

Senior Management talks about change but refuses to actually change anything. They want the business to grow but refuse to change the way they do things. Turnover is extremely high because they expect far too much from the employees and refuse to pay them adequately. They also do not employ enough people so their demands of each person are unrealistic and set you up for failure. Too many responsibilities and expectations. Your workload is already doubled and then they pull you into a project that demands more of your time, and they never adjust their expectations. You are still expected to complete everything...even when they assure you that they won't.

Pros

The employees

Cons

Upper Management; Salary; Balance

12 July 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Please be assured that we monitor these reviews on a regular basis and will share this feedback internally with the appropriate stakeholders. If you feel comfortable doing so, please feel free to reach out to hr@flanagan.ca to set up a time to discuss your experience with us further. The Human Resources Team

Low pay for a lot of work

Customer Relations department is the heart of the company, they don't pay very well. Pay is 3.00 less an hr or more than other Custoner Service Positions. They don't give raises. They also say you get profit share in the introduction with HR on day 1 and they haven't for years.

Pros

Casual dress code

Cons

Heavy workload

31 May 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. Please be assured that we monitor these reviews on a regular basis and will share this feedback internally with the appropriate stakeholders. The Human Resources Team

Excellent place to work

I feel really comfortable. My coworkers and environment are excellent. I enjoy every day working at Flanagan. It is a great experience. I really recommend this place.

Benefits

3 May 2021

Flanagan's Shananigans

Management is absolutely horrible. They respect all the slackers while dedication gets you shot under the bus. Plenty of harassment between drivers. Management has no respect for employees and are clueless to what happens in the yards. Drivers are constantly stealing product off the trailers and driver recklessly. No one here takes pride in their work. Management trash talk behind your back to other drivers. Positive: Pay is good and hours are great! Benefits are worth it.

Pros

Great pay, great hours, great benefits!

Cons

Management are inconsiderate, some drivers are rude!

10 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have spoken to the leaders to discuss your concerns and are working together to find opportunities to improve where appropriate. We appreciate your feedback and are sorry that you had a negative experience with us. If comfortable doing so, please feel free to reach out to HR@flanagan.ca to set up a time to discuss your experience with us further. The Human Resources Team.

Awesome place

Awesome place to work just started a few days ago I love it management is awesome people are super chill everyone gets along nicely can’t say this about many places they care about there workers benefits are great

Pros

Everything is great

10 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working at Flanagan's. We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying our company culture!Human Resources Team

Think twice

I think the frequency and the amount of ongoing hiring should speak for itself.there is no job security and if there is any excuse your gone. The turn over rate is incredible.

Pros

The salary is ok

Cons

No job security, never knowing when its your last.

27 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we are sorry you had a negative experience with us. We monitor these reviews weekly and will communicate this feedback internally. The Human Resources Team.

Low regard for emplotees

Flanagan has absolutely no regard for driver safety at all. They are so money hungry that they would send a driver into a knowingly unsafe situation just to make a Nickle. Stay away from this place

Benefits

Cons

Very unsafe, over worked, no concern for drivers, absolutely no communication

19 July 2020
Thank you for your comments and feedback. The health and safety of our employees and the food safety for our customers are our top priorities at Flanagan’s. Your feedback about your safety concerns will be taken very seriously and we will be looking into this immediately, seeking corrective action, if appropriate, after our review. The Human Resources Team.

Great culture

I have enjoyed my time here. Positive and open culture. Management is available to listen and open to ideas. Co workers get along and helped me when first starting out. Benefits are competitive.

Pros

Culture, pay, co workers, benefits

19 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback! Providing a positive, family oriented work environment is a priority for us and we are glad that this aligns with your feedback. We wish you all the best moving forward and are thrilled you enjoyed your time at Flanagan’s. The Human Resources Team.

Good job

As above long days physically demanding good pay good benefits profit sharing Recreation club Christmas club share buying available personal days Christmas party ability to access products from warehouse at discount prices

I will retire here!

I am a Core Delivery Driver. Love it! I wish I started this job 20 yrs ago! - It's very physical work which is one of the reasons I wanted to work here. It took a year or so to feel comfortable physically but now that aspect of the job is easy! I'm 57 and in the best shape of my life! - The camaraderie with the other drivers and employees is great! We have several delivery drivers who've been here for 15, 20, 25 and 30 years! How many places can boast about that! - The management is very fair...the best I've ever worked for and really appreciate the workers contributions. - I really enjoy customer service part of the job and dealing with the customer and/or receivers, we always have a good laugh. - the benefits offered by Flanagan's are top class and seriously too numerous to mention here. You will be blown away, I certainly was! When I get to the end of my day it's very gratifying. You start out with a full truck load of 500 to 900 pieces and you touch every piece. You punch out feeling satisfied that you've accomplished a good days work. If the things I've mentioned above is aligned with what you are looking for in a career then you are very lucky you found us!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flanagan Foodservice Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Flanagan Foodservice Inc. with

• Flanagan Foodservice Inc.
  • Pay & benefits