Flanagan Foodservice Inc.

Flanagan Foodservice Inc. Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

Low pay for a lot of work

Customer Relations department is the heart of the company, they don't pay very well. Pay is 3.00 less an hr or more than other Custoner Service Positions. They don't give raises. They also say you get profit share in the introduction with HR on day 1 and they haven't for years.

Pros

Casual dress code

Cons

Heavy workload

31 May 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. Please be assured that we monitor these reviews on a regular basis and will share this feedback internally with the appropriate stakeholders. The Human Resources Team

Flanagan's is a great place to work. You fly up the pay scale if you perform well. It also has competitive benefits, etc. Fast paced environment and good overall morale.

Pros

Good pay

29 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working with us. We will share your feedback internally and are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with Flanagan’s. We wish you all the best moving forward. The Human Resources Team.

Poor work environment

Senior Management talks about change but refuses to actually change anything. They want the business to grow but refuse to change the way they do things. Turnover is extremely high because they expect far too much from the employees and refuse to pay them adequately. They also do not employ enough people so their demands of each person are unrealistic and set you up for failure. Too many responsibilities and expectations. Your workload is already doubled and then they pull you into a project that demands more of your time, and they never adjust their expectations. You are still expected to complete everything...even when they assure you that they won't.

Pros

The employees

Cons

Upper Management; Salary; Balance

12 July 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Please be assured that we monitor these reviews on a regular basis and will share this feedback internally with the appropriate stakeholders. If you feel comfortable doing so, please feel free to reach out to hr@flanagan.ca to set up a time to discuss your experience with us further. The Human Resources Team

Excellent place to work

I feel really comfortable. My coworkers and environment are excellent. I enjoy every day working at Flanagan. It is a great experience. I really recommend this place.

Benefits

3 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience with Flanagan’s. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your time here! The Human Resources Team.

Flanagan's Shananigans

Management is absolutely horrible. They respect all the slackers while dedication gets you shot under the bus. Plenty of harassment between drivers. Management has no respect for employees and are clueless to what happens in the yards. Drivers are constantly stealing product off the trailers and driver recklessly. No one here takes pride in their work. Management trash talk behind your back to other drivers. Positive: Pay is good and hours are great! Benefits are worth it.

Pros

Great pay, great hours, great benefits!

Cons

Management are inconsiderate, some drivers are rude!

10 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have spoken to the leaders to discuss your concerns and are working together to find opportunities to improve where appropriate. We appreciate your feedback and are sorry that you had a negative experience with us. If comfortable doing so, please feel free to reach out to HR@flanagan.ca to set up a time to discuss your experience with us further. The Human Resources Team.

Awesome place

Awesome place to work just started a few days ago I love it management is awesome people are super chill everyone gets along nicely can’t say this about many places they care about there workers benefits are great

Pros

Everything is great

10 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working at Flanagan's. We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying our company culture!Human Resources Team

Think twice

I think the frequency and the amount of ongoing hiring should speak for itself.there is no job security and if there is any excuse your gone. The turn over rate is incredible.

Pros

The salary is ok

Cons

No job security, never knowing when its your last.

27 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we are sorry you had a negative experience with us. We monitor these reviews weekly and will communicate this feedback internally. The Human Resources Team.

Low regard for emplotees

Flanagan has absolutely no regard for driver safety at all. They are so money hungry that they would send a driver into a knowingly unsafe situation just to make a Nickle. Stay away from this place

Benefits

Cons

Very unsafe, over worked, no concern for drivers, absolutely no communication

19 July 2020
Thank you for your comments and feedback. The health and safety of our employees and the food safety for our customers are our top priorities at Flanagan’s. Your feedback about your safety concerns will be taken very seriously and we will be looking into this immediately, seeking corrective action, if appropriate, after our review. The Human Resources Team.

Great culture

I have enjoyed my time here. Positive and open culture. Management is available to listen and open to ideas. Co workers get along and helped me when first starting out. Benefits are competitive.

Pros

Culture, pay, co workers, benefits

19 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback! Providing a positive, family oriented work environment is a priority for us and we are glad that this aligns with your feedback. We wish you all the best moving forward and are thrilled you enjoyed your time at Flanagan’s. The Human Resources Team.

Good job

As above long days physically demanding good pay good benefits profit sharing Recreation club Christmas club share buying available personal days Christmas party ability to access products from warehouse at discount prices

I will retire here!

I am a Core Delivery Driver. Love it! I wish I started this job 20 yrs ago! - It's very physical work which is one of the reasons I wanted to work here. It took a year or so to feel comfortable physically but now that aspect of the job is easy! I'm 57 and in the best shape of my life! - The camaraderie with the other drivers and employees is great! We have several delivery drivers who've been here for 15, 20, 25 and 30 years! How many places can boast about that! - The management is very fair...the best I've ever worked for and really appreciate the workers contributions. - I really enjoy customer service part of the job and dealing with the customer and/or receivers, we always have a good laugh. - the benefits offered by Flanagan's are top class and seriously too numerous to mention here. You will be blown away, I certainly was! When I get to the end of my day it's very gratifying. You start out with a full truck load of 500 to 900 pieces and you touch every piece. You punch out feeling satisfied that you've accomplished a good days work. If the things I've mentioned above is aligned with what you are looking for in a career then you are very lucky you found us!

Long term employee

Flanagan food service is a Canadian and home grown company. As we build there is still a small company feel that makes you feel welcome, and feel like you can contribute to the betterment of the operation. Pay and benefits program is in my opinion fair

Flanagan Foodservice is a diamond in the rough kind of company. There are a few bumps and bruises, but overall the company is AMAZING! The people and managers are encouraging and supportive from every angle. I enjoy coming to work everyday, my job challenges me and I get to work with some pretty incredible people. In my time here, I have made so many unexpected relationships/friendships and I wouldnt change anything in the world. A company is more than just good benefits and good pay - you want a good culture to work in and Flanagan's is just that.

13 March 2020
We're thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your experience and feel supported the culture here at Flanagan's. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Job

This place is not a great place to work at all the management team they suck they are very unprofessional very incompetent as for their vacation their vacation schedule sucks that way they have it now I'll never be able to get a vacation any time soon.

13 March 2020
The feedback of our employees is important to us. We monitor our reviews closely. We have shared your concerns internally and encourage you to share the specifics of your concerns with your manager and/or the HR representative at your location.

Great family owned, Canadian company

The culture at Flanagan's is great with many opportunities for growth. I have been employed with the company for a long time and very much appreciate the benefits and the wonderful team I work with. The company lives by its values and puts employees first. I love the fast-paced environment! The company is always in growth mode which presents interesting challenges to solve and makes for a quick workday!

13 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback, as well as your years of service and contributions to the growth at Flanagan's! We are thrilled to hear that you see our values being lived out in our organization. We will share your comments internally.

Interesting call centre environment

Fast-paced environment with a variety of challenges. Friendly staff, decent management. Salary was average, fringe benefits were a plus though. Overall, middle of the road kind of place to work.

Pros

Free coffee

20 January 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for your service at Flanagan's. We monitor the reviews on Indeed regularly, looking for opportunities to improve where possible, and we will share your feedback internally. We wish you all the best!

You bust your butt

On average you can find a driving job in our are for 25 dollars an hour... sit on your butt for 10 hours and go home... With flanagan's you get a couple bucks more but is it worth it to hand bomb the entire trailer and bust your butt for 12 hours? At the end of the week you have an extra 60 bucks on your pay... Is it worth it??? Maybe ten years ago when drivers were paid 10 bucks an hour....

9 January 2020
Our drivers are some of the best in industry because they take pride in customer service and, each day, go above and beyond, physically and mentally, to meet the demands of a unique industry. The feedback of our employees is important to us and we thank you for taking the time to provide this information, as well as for your service at Flanagan’s. We are always looking for opportunities to improve and this feedback will be shared with our leaders in our ongoing efforts to do the best we can for our drivers.

Pass

Managed very poorly. Lots of finger pointing and blaming, with very little accountability. Several departments have problems with micromanaging. Very little actually gets done, either by passing responsibility, or firm budget restrictions. They expect most office staff to work there 2-3 years then move on, and the smart or talented ones do. If you stay much longer, they will continue to expect added responsibility until you're overwhelmed, but will not compensate for the increase in workload or job title. No budget for resources, low salary, unimpressive benefits, no budget for training. Good for a stepping stone job, but don't waste much of your time otherwise.

26 September 2019
Thank you for you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We monitor these reviews regularly because our employee’s feedback is very important to us. We encourage you to share the specifics of your comments with your manager and/or your HR representative at your location.

Family-oriented culture and ability to make an impact

After working in very conservative, corporate environments, I found Flanagan's to be a breath of fresh air. It is a family-oriented environment where you feel like you matter and you are empowered to add your mark/style to the job you do. I feel more intrinsically driven to be creative in my role here than I have in a long time; but most importantly, my efforts/expertise have been appreciated. The people are friendly for the most part, and because much of management and staff have been with Flanagan's for more than 10 years, there is a real sense of pride in what the various teams do here. The tools I have been given to do my job are some of the best I have used in my career. Given it's a family run company, I expected the benefits/perks to be less than stellar, but they were great (comprehensive even)! Overall, I am very happy with my move here.

19 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience with Flanagan’s. We are thrilled to that you are enjoying your time here! The Human Resources Team.

Poor Managment

It was an ok place to work. Management is poor. They are competitive with each other and step on each others feet to show boat. Always in meetings wasting time. Implementing terrible ideas which look good on paper but not realistic. Waiges are awful. Never any raises. Dont care about their workers only mgmnt/clients.

Pros

Community Helpers

Cons

Poor management, no raises, its who ya know, gotta have brown lips for recognition

30 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are always looking for opportunities to improve as an organization and your concerns will be communicated internally. The Human Resources Team.

Good work colleagues always wanting to help

Don't know from one day to next what you will be doing said I'd be working 4 days a week but if it's slow be prepared you will be down to 3 days a week new guys only

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Cluster every morning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flanagan Foodservice Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Flanagan Foodservice Inc. with

• Flanagan Foodservice Inc.
  • Pay & benefits