Flanagan Foodservice Inc. logo
Flanagan Foodservice Inc.

Flanagan Foodservice Inc. Employee Reviews

Low pay for a lot of work

Customer Relations department is the heart of the company, they don't pay very well. Pay is 3.00 less an hr or more than other Custoner Service Positions. They don't give raises. They also say you get profit share in the introduction with HR on day 1 and they haven't for years.

Pros

Casual dress code

Cons

Heavy workload

31 May 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. Please be assured that we monitor these reviews on a regular basis and will share this feedback internally with the appropriate stakeholders. The Human Resources Team

Poor work environment

Senior Management talks about change but refuses to actually change anything. They want the business to grow but refuse to change the way they do things. Turnover is extremely high because they expect far too much from the employees and refuse to pay them adequately. They also do not employ enough people so their demands of each person are unrealistic and set you up for failure. Too many responsibilities and expectations. Your workload is already doubled and then they pull you into a project that demands more of your time, and they never adjust their expectations. You are still expected to complete everything...even when they assure you that they won't.

Pros

The employees

Cons

Upper Management; Salary; Balance

12 July 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Please be assured that we monitor these reviews on a regular basis and will share this feedback internally with the appropriate stakeholders. If you feel comfortable doing so, please feel free to reach out to hr@flanagan.ca to set up a time to discuss your experience with us further. The Human Resources Team

Great family culture and opportunities for growth

I feel very welcomed at Flanagan’s and enjoy going to work everyday! Everyone is very friendly and care about each other. Great on boarding and training program put in place to make sure you are set up for success and feel comfortable.

Pros

Growth opportunities, Work-Life balance, Culture

31 May 2021
Thank you for your feedback! Building a positive workplace culture for our employees is very important to us and we're glad you enjoy working with us. We will share your comments internally. The Human Resources Team.

Excellent place to work

I feel really comfortable. My coworkers and environment are excellent. I enjoy every day working at Flanagan. It is a great experience. I really recommend this place.

Benefits

3 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience with Flanagan’s. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your time here! The Human Resources Team.

Great group if employees and management

Fellow employees make you feel welcomed Training is not rushed and encouraged to ask for clarification if unsure of anything. Even though your not micromanaged, you always have someone close by to reach out for assistance if needed.

Pros

Excellent perks after probabtion, Encouraged to learn more so you can move up when opportunities present itself

Cons

Only at the beginning, getting use to temperature changes, use of special tools for moving different products could help

3 May 2021
Thank you for your feedback! Building a positive workplace culture for our employees is very important to us and we are glad you enjoy working with us. We will share your comments internally. The Human Resources Team.

Meh

6pm start time but you could finish at midnight or 6am theres no set finish time. managment cares about productivity above all else. no stat holidays off (december 24th and 25th not included). booking a day off between april and october is very unplesant. night shift managers have little to no experience and are very bossy and short with you on any given day. arm scanners havent wokred in 2+ years and nothings done about it.

21 March 2021
The foodservice industry is running 24/7, which provides a unique and challenging demand for our services. As a family-oriented company, we try our best to balance the work/life needs of our employees with the unique demands of our customers, but we recognize that there are always opportunities to improve. We will ensure we share this feedback internally and continue to look for those opportunities to better support our employee’s work/life needs.The Human Resources Team

Inclusive Family Spirit

Flanagans lives up to their core values of teamwork and family spirit. I have always felt appreciated and respected while given every opportunity to grow and advance. It's a family first atmosphere with one team working towards common goals. The culture is unbeatable.

Pros

Inclusive Family Spirit

10 March 2021
Thank you for your feedback! Providing a positive, family oriented work environment is a priority for us and we are glad that this aligns with your feedback. We wish you all the best moving forward and are thrilled you enjoyed your time at Flanagan’s. The Human Resources Team.

Hr works for the company

Human Resources works for the company and are not there for you. Expect to get screwed. I've experienced this with another company and when you call out a shady supervisor you will be regarded as not balanced and eventually will be let go.

10 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we are sorry you had a negative experience with us. Your feedback is important to us. We are always looking for opportunities to improve as an organization and your concerns will be communicated internally. The Human Resources Team.

Flanagan's Shananigans

Management is absolutely horrible. They respect all the slackers while dedication gets you shot under the bus. Plenty of harassment between drivers. Management has no respect for employees and are clueless to what happens in the yards. Drivers are constantly stealing product off the trailers and driver recklessly. No one here takes pride in their work. Management trash talk behind your back to other drivers. Positive: Pay is good and hours are great! Benefits are worth it.

Pros

Great pay, great hours, great benefits!

Cons

Management are inconsiderate, some drivers are rude!

10 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have spoken to the leaders to discuss your concerns and are working together to find opportunities to improve where appropriate. We appreciate your feedback and are sorry that you had a negative experience with us. If comfortable doing so, please feel free to reach out to HR@flanagan.ca to set up a time to discuss your experience with us further. The Human Resources Team.

Empty book with an excellent cover

Don’t fall for lucrative packages you hear in introductory phase... most of that doesn’t exist. A circus has better organizing skills than Flanagan’s. Organization that shines from the outside and is hollow inside. As long as you want something for a year or two... go for it if you don’t mind working for less.

Pros

Cons

No recognition

Jobs at Flanagan Foodservice Inc.

See more jobs

Horrible place to work

If you’re looking for job security and being treated fairly, compassionately like a normal human being that’s valued you really should pass on them and keep looking. They boast about family values,and culture, and that’s the furthest thing from the truth.Don’t take any time off what so ever even if it’s medically required and noted, they’ll call you in on a “Friday and give you the you’re not a right fit with no warnings or write ups, and send you on your merry way”.(HR, don’t try and use the bs response that you listen and care and contact you cause you flat out don’t listen and don’t care, it’s just optics)

Fun places to work

I enjoy working at the whitby location everyone is kind positive and friendly I think anyone that works there is lucky to be part of a great team and family

28 September 2020

Awesome place

Awesome place to work just started a few days ago I love it management is awesome people are super chill everyone gets along nicely can’t say this about many places they care about there workers benefits are great

Pros

Everything is great

10 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working at Flanagan's. We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying our company culture!Human Resources Team

Think twice

I think the frequency and the amount of ongoing hiring should speak for itself.there is no job security and if there is any excuse your gone. The turn over rate is incredible.

Pros

The salary is ok

Cons

No job security, never knowing when its your last.

27 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we are sorry you had a negative experience with us. We monitor these reviews weekly and will communicate this feedback internally. The Human Resources Team.

Low regard for emplotees

Flanagan has absolutely no regard for driver safety at all. They are so money hungry that they would send a driver into a knowingly unsafe situation just to make a Nickle. Stay away from this place

Benefits

Cons

Very unsafe, over worked, no concern for drivers, absolutely no communication

19 July 2020
Thank you for your comments and feedback. The health and safety of our employees and the food safety for our customers are our top priorities at Flanagan’s. Your feedback about your safety concerns will be taken very seriously and we will be looking into this immediately, seeking corrective action, if appropriate, after our review. The Human Resources Team.

Good work life balance

Great place to work, just too bad Covid hit the industry. Family run and family values with good work life balance. Fast paced and tough industry but provided superior customer service to rise above the rest.

Pros

Family Run and Values

Cons

Tough Industry/ Covid Impact

19 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working with us. We will share your feedback internally and are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with Flanagan’s. We wish you all the best moving forward. The Human Resources Team.

Great culture

I have enjoyed my time here. Positive and open culture. Management is available to listen and open to ideas. Co workers get along and helped me when first starting out. Benefits are competitive.

Pros

Culture, pay, co workers, benefits

Productive and Interesting Work Experience

A very fast paced environment, dealing with multiple customers in a day as well as Sales Staff, Credit Staff, Purchasing Staff, Operational Staff. Need to make decisions quickly and be a great problem solver. Need to be patient and friendly and willing to go above and beyond for the customer!

Easy going place to work

Overall, Flanagan Foodservice is an easy going place to work. Although, one area of improvement is that it lags in terms of internal processes and visibility on how the market is trending.

The best place to work

I think working at Flanagan's is the best driving job i have ever done. Aside from driving a proper sized trailer that is. There are some pitfalls though..... A couple interesting character's to say the least. All in all it brings me back to high school. What a time

Fantastic summer job for students looking to build savings between academic year

As a delivery driver helper, your responsibilities will be to empty the truck of product with a hand-truck alongside the truck driver. You're encouraged to work at a fast-pace when delivering as you'll have significant down-time between delivery locations depending on your route. You'll get the chance to work with several truck drivers who all apreciate a hard-working helper. A lot of their customers offer food and drinks which is nice if you don't pack a lunch. I started with 4-5 shifts a week but always tried to get a 6th because I was looking for overtime. Local runs would be around 8-9 where the non-local runs could be 10-12 hours. typically, you'd get a half-hour lunch and i believe 2-15's but it's at the discretion of the driver. Sometimes they'll ask if you'd like to pick-up shifts which is great if you're just interested in working as much as you possibly could. TL:DR Overall, I enjoyed working here over the summer. You'll get along with all the drivers, you'll get your hours and then some, and you'll get a good workout along with a great paycheck and fresh air.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flanagan Foodservice Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Flanagan Foodservice Inc. with

• Flanagan Foodservice Inc.