FLANAGAN FOODSERVICE INC. Employee Reviews

Growing Company - Family Values
AZ Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Carp, ON17 April 2019
This is a great company to work for. Lots of potential to grow with an expanding business. Benefits, pay, stable schedule, and workload are much better than the 'other guys' in Ottawa. This company is set to grow a lot this year, good opportunity for AZ Drivers who do food service delivery.
Typical warehouse job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON10 April 2019
A typical warehouse job within the region, but as compared to other warehouses that are available, this one is by far the worst. Long days, unreasonable expectations are among the problems with this company. Management doesn't communicate with each other across shifts. If work isn't complete by the end of your shift, you are expected to stay to get the work done and this happens a lot at this company. No recognition for any extra work you may put in, once you do, it is expected of you to continue doing so.

Favoritism runs rampant here. If you aren't good with any type of management, expect to be targeted, or have a heavier work loads assigned to you.

Lots of empty promises are made here as well. Not recommended.
Pros
None.
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Management, No Work Life Balance
Long hours, too many supervisor's
Picker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON26 March 2019
Say they are a family company. But are the same as other companies, always want better numbers and don't care about safety. If you are buddies with management give you good orders, help your numbers. If you don't kiss their butts will tell you aren't going fast enough, follow you on breaks. Not worth the little bit more money. Don't waste your time with this company!! Can't say enough bad things about this company. Profit sharing never happens, never make enough, maybe next year.
Pros
Cool in the summer
Cons
Management, long hours, favoritism
Stress,rats,rude managers
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON5 March 2019
I used 2 be a former worker 4 flanagans in the cornwall on yard if u ever apply 4 this job dont trust shawn clark,tod manager & bob there imcompitent.
Pros
Wages, profit share.
Cons
Hours, staff, managment
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON27 February 2019
My experience at Flanagan's was great ! Awesome co-workers & management was excellent. I really enjoyed my time working here. The company showed great appreciation towards employees.
Needs improvement
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON10 November 2018
I was disappointed that after a few days i was let go because i was too slow thank god for the injuried workers who helped me out didnt know what the job entales suppervisor does'nt talk.
Conduct more training session,give proper instruction check up on new employee and help them to understand their assignments .
Drama drama drama
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 May 2018
Typical day is you will go into work to find out everyone who is useless did everything in their power to make your day terrible before you go out. The schedule has been changed despite your known availability. Everyone cries like little school house girls about trucks and helpers. If you like drama and own your own television series. Flanagans would make an even better drama tv series.
Pros
You're awake when the world sleeps.
Cons
Time goes on without you.
Horrible management
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON20 April 2018
I was hired at Flanagan's and was terminated after 1 week of training because i fell twice during the ice storm and injured my foot. I went in for my shift anyway because I was new and wanted to make a good impression. They had me walk around all day so I was limping and then they told me they didn't think I was fit for the job. I explained to them I injured my foot falling in the ice storm and that I applied for reach truck operator which is not what they had me doing. They didn't even give me a chance and the short supervisor is the rudest person I have ever met. Stay away from this place, doesn't seem like there would be any job security working at this place.
Pros
Cons
management, no job security
horrible place to work
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 March 2018
salary and benefits are good, management is horrible and the work atmosphere is a joke the employees are never held accountable for their mistakes that they've made.
Fantastic culture, family spirit
Financial Manager/Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 January 2018
A very good company to work for, many of the employees are long time employees that have built a solid relationship with everyone. Management has a great relationship with employees
Pros
Family spirit, good management style
Cons
Hard to implement changes
Productive Workplace Atmosphere
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 August 2017
Large food distribution company that values loyalty with it's employees. A culture of hard work and productivity was felt through my time working there. While there may have been a stressful atmosphere at times, the ability to communicate with co-workers to improve work situation was consistent.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, Stressful
hard work days
Driver helper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 August 2017
i was a Driver help, I was to help the Driver unload and put away the order, but i was not working fast enough to unload and put the order away, As for as i could see the management was good but they needed to talk to there employees more.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long hard days
I liked the People I was working with.
Restocker/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 July 2017
6 Months Contract got extended because they were not sure of their future goals. Looking for a Job now!!! The only Reason I stayed for six months was just because of the surrounding and people that i worked with; Also, It was Close to my where i used to live.
Pros
Great shift Hours
Cons
Restricted Budget to hire good workers! eheheh!
Chaos
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 June 2017
Flanagans is chaos. Being a driver there is painful. It's mentally and physically.

They will run you right into the ground. Poor routing, zero accountability for anyone in the office and awful customers is what awaits you.

Steer clear of this place. Your back and knees will thank you.

They are very hard on drivers. They always want more. They'll always try to push you over your hours if they can. Awful awful company.
Pros
Semi okay pay if you get to top rate
Cons
Insane amount of hours, no social life, physical pain from all the hours at work.
Family Friendly and Growing
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 February 2017
Great place. Very busy industry but there is always lots of learning and growing. I worked well with my manager and appreciate the consistent feedback on my performance.
Employees were nice. Management wasn't the best.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lively, ON27 January 2017
If you don't like hand bombing need not apply. I worked there for three years. It's a good hard job, pays ok but sysco and gfs pay more for the same line of work. I didn't agree with being asked to work overtime and then not being paid for it. I left do to not being paid for the hours worked. Apply at own risk. I have to say other then that good place to work.
Pros
Boot allowance, paid uniform, Christmas party.
Cons
Work all holidays, management
Well known
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 November 2016
Family ran well known business. Tons of benefits and incentives. Many opportunities to move around. Ever growing industry. Pay is a little out dated but where isn't.
Great management team
Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 November 2016
The management team at Flanagan Foodservice Inc. does an excellent job at showing its employees appreciation of their work. Management is constantly checking-in with employees to improve the work environment and ensure everyone within the team is on the right track to achieve the desired goals. These efforts make the relationship with management go a step further than just employer-to-employee, to actually feel like one is working with family. Overall, the Flanagan's team is very strong about its family oriented values, which makes it a great place for people who are looking for a stable job in order to support their loved ones.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long process to approve certain projects
Great Place to work
Data Entry/Invoicing (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 November 2016
my days were always full of excitement. had a good day everyday. i made everyone of the drivers delivering product happy with the smile that i would always have a my face. when the drivers for the company would come back after delivering i would crack jokes with them. the hard part of my job was the over lapping of the appts when they were late and we had to receive the product. Everyone that i worked with was amazing and very friendly
Pros
Free lunch here and there.
Cons
no cons
Long hours Managers Don't listen to drivers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 November 2016
A typical day was long or in some peoples cases way too short not enough hours
Issues never get resolved by supervisors with delivery issues or pick up issues
Managers don't listen to drivers (this is a problem for the retention of drivers) I found this point to be very frustrating and overwhelming.
co workers are good a lot of negativity about management.
Lots of heavy lifting and sometimes stairs to negotiate.
I enjoyed the driving aspect of the job when I would do new and different things.
Pros
Profit Sharing, Benefits, Christmas Party, Paid Vacation Time
Cons
Long hours/Short Hours, Bad management Team, Heavy lifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FLANAGAN FOODSERVICE INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

FLANAGAN FOODSERVICE INC. Reviews by Location