Flanagan Foodservice Inc.

driverfamilyshiftfeellongbenefitproductculture

A Great Stepping Stone in My Career

Featured review

Flanagan Foodservice Inc. selected this as a representative review
I worked at Flanagan for almost three years. It's very much a typical customer service job in terms of base skills, but I learned a lot about supply chain and logistics because of the type of information we work with here. It actually inspired me to go back to school and study supply chain management. My manager is nice and supportive and the culture is genuinely like a family. The hardest part of the job is that the workload fluctuates dramatically throughout the year, and it can cause stress and burnout if you aren't prepared. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are serving your community and supporting other Canadian businesses by providing a vital service.

26 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working with us. We will share your feedback internally and are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with Flanagan’s. We wish you all the best moving forward. The Human Resources Team

Not fun

No matter on your experience or what roles you have done they will overlook people for promotions and hire outside without interviewing internal candidates that applied for the job.

9 April 2022
Your feedback is important to us. We are always looking for opportunities to improve as an organization and your concerns will be communicated internally. If you feel comfortable doing so, please feel free to reach out to HR@flanagan.ca to set up a time to discuss your experience with us further. The Human Resources Team.

Insights into Flanagan Foodservice Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

Family environment with honest, dedicated people

Smaller Canadian owned company with a family type work environment. No shortage of friendly, dedicated people who strive to make their company an industry leader. Upper management are welcoming and knowledgeable.

27 March 2022
Thank you for your feedback! Building a positive workplace culture for our employees is very important to us and we're glad you enjoy working with us. We will share your comments internally. The Human Resources Team.

Great

Management cares about its employees. If you're willing to work With them, they are willing to work with you. Everyone seems to pull their weight and work as a team at least at the DC I was at.

20 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience with Flanagan’s. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your time here! The Human Resources Team.

The people stand out at Flanagan's. The environment is very supportive and people are willing to help you learn.

Flanagan Foodservice is a great place to work. I have always been treated with respect and enjoy working with such a collaborative team. I have learned so much and truly enjoy the culture at the company. It is exciting to work at a company that keeps growing, knowing that you can make a difference.

Pros

Birthday off!

6 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience with Flanagan’s. We are thrilled to that you are enjoying your time here!The Human Resources Team.

Great family culture

I enjoy working at Flanagan Foodservice there is always someone to talk to if you have a problem and the pay and benefits are fair in todays market. They have lots of great programs like profit sharing and savings club.

1 March 2022
Thank you for your feedback! We work hard to ensure that our compensation is competitive for our drivers and aim to provide great perks and benefits for them and their families. We're so glad you enjoy working with us! The Human Resources Team.

Great place to work, Well manage and organized, Fast Paced

The company is fast paced and always looking for new innovative ideas for the food industry. You have the ability to work in three different departments and there are opportunities always to move laterally. A lot of lifting from start of your shift to the end but the pay is good. I learn every day i come to work because of the high caliber of people employed to work there with diverse experience

Pros

Profit Sharing, good pay, good benefits

Cons

Long hours in the busy summer months

1 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working with us! We have so many different career paths at Flanagan’s and aim to create an environment that offers great advancement opportunities for our employees. Giving our internal employees first priority for these opportunities is very important to us. The Human Resources Team.

Great place to work, friendly and inclusive company with room for advancement.

Flanagan Foodservice is an excellent place to work with management that cares about its employees and their advancement within the company. Overall this has been a very rewarding career choice for me and am grateful for the strong leadership and family values that encompasses Flanagan Foodservice.

Pros

Teamwork, Leadership, family values, advancement opportunities.

Cons

Physically and mentally demanding at times.

1 March 2022
Thank you for your feedback! Providing a positive, family oriented work environment is a priority for us and we are glad that this aligns with your feedback. We are growing quickly and are excited to see new opportunities being created that offer the possibility of promotions and transfers internally! The Human Resources Team.

great workplace!

great workplace and great management. Very inclusive environment. Employees are treated fairly and are recognized for their achievements. You can be certain that your hard work will be noticed here!

Pros

employee recognition programs, monetary bonuses, employee events and giveaways. Great benefits and good hours

1 March 2022
Thank you for your feedback! Building a positive workplace culture for our employees is very important to us and we're glad you enjoy working with us. The Human Resources Team.

a good place to start working for younger people or anyone with warehouse experience. good place to build your confidence and grow.

good place to work. fair to new employees. just keep trying to improve and show up for your shifts and they'll be happy. they just seem to want guys who show up to their scheduled shifts and have a positive attitude. not unionized but the opportunities that may arise generally go to the people who deserve it most. On the down side however, bad gossip is somewhat of a plague at flanagan's. the location in whitby is a smaller warehouse compared to some of the other distribution companies so word travels fast. especially when it's something negative which is disappointing to say the least. can be very distasteful at times and serves nothing more but to cause bitterness and hostility. no incentive which is probably for the best considering how competitive some of the people can be. Alot of guys are more focused on hitting their own production numbers than achieving the overall goal. some tend to neglect their fellow coworkers which can be frustrating. in a job like this co-operation is crucial for overall production but some of the more experienced employees tend to put down and even discourage some of the less experienced or less skilled members. An overwhelming amount of the pickers will block your path and continue with their own work when it would only take them a couple seconds to let you pass. meaning you might have to wait 30 seconds or even a minute so that they can save themselves 5 seconds. The good thing is that most of the people there will put a smile on your face and brighten your day. most of the employees just want to do their jobs and get through -

Pros

steady work. days go fast. nice break schedule.

Cons

a few bad apples that try to spoil the bunch

1 March 2022
Thank you for your feedback! Building a positive and inclusive workplace culture and environment is most important to us. We are always looking for opportunities to improve as an organization and we will ensure this feedback is shared internally. We encourage you to share this feedback with your manager or with your human resources contact. The Human Resources Team.

Drive For Success Comes From Within

An environment which breeds successful team members. As in an business, the driven members will succeed as Flanagans has the opportunity for all to win!

Pros

Always evolving

Cons

Long days occasionally

14 February 2022
Thank you for your feedback! Creating a family oriented culture is what we strive for every day: where our employees feel valued and where they feel they can make an impact here. We're glad you enjoy working with us. We will share your comments internally. The Human Resources Team.

Teamwork is paramount and when all the teams work together, it runs smoothly

The people are what make working at Flanagan's worth it. No where will you find a better bunch of people working together to get the orders together to service the customers. Customer service in drilled into every part of the business every day.

Pros

Family spirit, parking, profit sharing, employee product purchase program

Cons

Always busy, never a slow time.

14 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience with Flanagan’s! Providing a positive, family oriented work environment is a priority for us and we are glad that this aligns with your feedback. The Human Resources Team.

a great family owned, Canadian company that strives to be the best at all times

an excellent management team that supports growth internally and consistently strives to execute our goals as a company. Challenging and rewarding work.

14 February 2022
Thank you for your feedback! We have so many different career paths at Flanagan’s and aim to create an environment that offers great advancement opportunities for our employees. Giving our internal employees first priority for these opportunities is very important to us. We are thrilled that you are enjoying your time here! The Human Resources Team.

Company has great potential but is such a failure

The company has built a solid infrastructure of opportunities to grow their business through Ontario! However the ownership and management have such poor vision about how to invest in a support growth. There is next zero plan in place for quality aggressive growth hungry sales people. The inside sales support for the customer and sales people is barely adequate at best with an attitude and years long culture of good enough or get it when I feel like it attitude. Constructive suggestions to management are completely ignored.This will be their ultimate failure and demise. In this economy no one can sit around and think sales growth sales growth is just going to magically appear and come to you. You to be smart, aggressive and go get it. Great drivers and operations staff though!

Pros

You could coast and do the bare minimum and enjoy an easy job if that’s for you

Cons

Frustrating to work in a culture of lazy people with such poor management

31 January 2022
We appreciate that you have taken the time to share this feedback. Please be assured that we monitor these reviews weekly and will share this feedback internally to the appropriate stakeholders. We will take the feedback you have shared and use it toward continuing to improve. We wish you all the best moving forward. The Human Resources Team.

A great family oriented culture with lots of room for growth!

Flanagan's is a great place to work! I thoroughly enjoy going to work every day. It is a very team oriented environment where everyone supports and encourages each other. I feel appreciated and valued by my coworkers, and love working in the fast paced environment. Most importantly, Flanagan supports having a work/life balance and offers great benefits. I am very happy with my decision to join Flanagan Foodservice!

Pros

Positive culture and work environment, Hard work is recognized and rewarded, Great benefits such as flexible group benefits, paid day off on your birthday, Holiday savings club, health and wellness benefit and employee pricing for products.

Cons

Work can be fast paced, especially during summer months.

24 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience with Flanagan’s. Creating a family oriented culture is what we strive for every day: where our employees feel valued and where they feel they can make an impact. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your time here! The Human Resources Team.

great people

good team great people good benefits. people you can confide in health creditboots credithealth coverage good benefitsgreat bossno micro managing

16 January 2022

Great place to work , good people

Good company ,good people fair pay good benefits and extra perks . It is the food business so not a lot of time off , you work on holidays, long weekends so if you are good with that then no problems.

Pros

Good pay, great programs

9 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working with us. We will share your feedback internally and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with Flanagan’s. We wish you all the best moving forward.The Human Resources Team.

Good Place to Work

Genuinely a great work culture. Nights were just not for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that you can make a lot of money if you are willing to put the work in.

Pros

Great benefits and perks

Cons

- You are expected to work until the work is done, So you can be done anywhere between 1 - 6 in the morning.

21 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working with us. We will share your feedback internally and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with Flanagan’s. We wish you all the best moving forward. The Human Resources Team.

Awful, repetitive, lame job

Management only cares about how many cases you can pick per hour, and want you to stay late all the time to help finish the pick for the evening. Everyone is poor at communicating and are poor co-workers. I learned that they work every single holiday with no exceptions besides the management being able to take the time off and not you. There was absolutely nothing enjoyable about working here, your back hurts after every shift from 'slaving' away everyday. Poor experience.

Pros

Cons

long hour, expected overtime, no days off, poor management

22 November 2021
The foodservice industry runs 24/7, which provides a unique and challenging demand for our services. As a family-oriented company, we aim to balance the work/life needs of our team members with the requirements of our customers. The safety of our team is a priority and our warehouse roles are quite physical so we ensure we provide appropriate training and tools. Continuous Improvement is another key focus for Flanagan’s so we also recognize that there are always opportunities to improve. With that in mind we will ensure we share this feedback internally. The Human Resources Team

Good Family business to work for.

Good team environment and tried to manage a team of 9 commission sales reps. Could be a challenge at times but they all did well with regular changing managers.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

My territory was from Oshawa to London.Too much driving at the time

1 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working with us. We wish you all the best moving forward. The Human Resources Team.

Over Worked & Under Paid

There is always talk about change but it never comes. You are expected to work double or triple your work load and get it all done which is an unrealistic expectation. There is no such thing as being paid adequately in this company unless you work in the warehouse. You are overwhelmed & under appreciated as Senior Management only cares about about the money you are collecting. This department is half staffed at best and with the money they are not spending on staff you'd think those that are there working crazy hours would have received a decent raise but that wasn't the case, what was given was an insult at best. They pride themselves on being a "Family" business however do nothing to make you feel that way.

Pros

Co Workers

Cons

Salary, Work Load, Senior Management

1 November 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we are sorry you had a negative experience with us. We monitor these reviews weekly and will communicate this feedback internally. The Human Resources Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flanagan Foodservice Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Flanagan Foodservice Inc. with

• Flanagan Foodservice Inc.