Flair Airlines Employee Reviews

I do not recommend
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 May 2019
One of the most racist employers in Canada. I do not recommend Flair Airlines. From training to the job I’ve endured severe systemic racism. When brought forth to senior management I was pretty much told to “suck it up”. There’s no job security or any room for advancement.
Pros
Mediocre flight benefits after 1 year of service
Cons
Racial bias, systemic racism, poor morale, no job security, and no room for advancement
Official response from Flair Airlines
27 May 2019

Dear Former Employee,

The allegation of racism is very serious and deeply concerning. We have a very diverse workforce at Flair and are truly surprised and disappointed by these comments. We would request that you contact us at hr@flyflair.com so that we may look into the concerns you have raised. - Flair HR Team

Thrilling and friendly workplace
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2019
I had the most amazing time working at flair and met so many amazing coworkers and lifelong friends. This job gave me confidence and taught me a lot about myself and my future career.
stay away.
AIRPORT SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2019
Do not waste your time with this company. I take away experience because of my direct team not because of the company it self. I believe they will go under by the end of year.
Pros
Cons
everything
No job security or communication from management
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2019
Top management team is terrible. Poor office environment with no communication from managers. Often find out what is happening with the company from finding out in the news. Lack of any work life balance. Not enjoyable but the crews who work out on the line are nice but lots of drama and gossiping.
Cons
Poor management
Poor Management but Nice family oriented work place in the office
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2019
At the head Office, there is a friendly, family protected workspace and you’ll often find your co-workers to be happy and friendly. This creates a great vibe, that truly helps one succeed in the work place. The job benefits and pay are also nice, we had unlimited free standby flights and the pay was good as stated. I thoroughly enjoyed it, even if the management was quite poor and often ignored the employees needs entirely, including all requests. This was a serious failure on part of the company, but otherwise, once their management/supervisor issue can be fixed, it could be a great company to work at.
Pros
Good pay, good breaks, and a generally good vibe
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Management, Ignorant Supervisors
Helping Customers with flights, refunds, delays and bagage.
Customer Service Booking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 December 2018
When Flair bought Newleaf out in2017 they pursued me as their first Customer Service agent hired directly by Flair. This has been a year of knowledge.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Long hours/Stress
Great Crews but lacking in the office
InFlight Director (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2018
This airline was great to work for but the office management don't truly know what happens on the line . Would definitely consider other positions within the company .
Great place with good energy and a positive work/life balance
In-Flight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2018
I'd like to be part of an organization which values hard work but also provides their employees with a good balance between work and life. A positive culture within a company is very important!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Productive and exciting workplace with ever-changing environment.
Calgary - Supply Chain Administrator/Contract (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2017
A typical day at work consisted of making interpreting log pages and recording the maintenance and parts used into a complex data base. Safety, efficiency and the ability to interpret were paramount. I learned that my skill set was ideal for the environment. I was very impressed by the management hand-off style. The workplace culture was nurturing and professional. The most difficult part of the job was to learn a new and complex inventory system and the need to work alone consistently with very little public interaction. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the intricacies of aircraft maintenance procedures,.
Pros
The pros were working in a familiar field and a satisfactory schedule.
Cons
The cons were that the owner of the company was too distant and somewhat unaware of employees needs.
Do not enter!
IFD (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Kelowna, Hamilton29 January 2016
Terrible communicators, learned nothing. Safety is a variable for management. When rules are beneficial, they follow them.
Pilots and Cabin crews, are great.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no flight benefits, pay is nothing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flair Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9