Five Star Painting Employee Reviews

Awesome company
Painter/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Macon, GA10 April 2018
Five star painting is the way to go if ypur looking for a paint company we do commercial and residential paints they are very well mannered and very clean
Nice lonely workplace that doesn't pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV14 November 2017
Typical day at work was, you could be doing anything from your regular painting job to putting in dry wall and mudding the place. I learned how to tape, sand, and paint properly. Management was usually pretty good. Workplace culture was that of any other construction business. The hardest part of the job was the owner being financially ignorant and not being able to pay his workers and then harassing his employees on how bad of a job they did when it was usually his mistake. The most enjoyable part of the job was the individual freedom that I had whilst painting apartments.
Pros
I got left alone
Cons
Lack of pay, disorganization, hostile work environment from owner
fast paced but seasonal
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ5 April 2017
This is a very professional painting contractor who prides themselves on superior work. A typical day is scheduling job sites, answering phones, ordering supplies, accounts receivable, invoicing and scheduling estimates.The owners are very understanding and great people to work for. Not only are they your employer but they are also your friend and support you in anything that you do.The only hard part of the job is that it is seasonal.The most enjoyable part of the day is the finishing results on the jobs that we do.
Pros
fast paced, friendly atmosphere
Cons
seasonal work
Good place to work and great marketing, but lacking in project management and production.
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO10 March 2017
My typical day is estimating 3 - 5 residential and commercial jobs and following up with prospective clients.

I have, however, had to step in on project management to make sure my jobs are completed in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job is having production and management not keep up with sales and the quality we advertise.

The best part of the job is meeting great people every day.
Pros
Nice people and nice work atmosphere.
Cons
Difficulty with production.
Very Pro active work environment.
Project Manager/Subcontractor/ Owner (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO15 March 2016
Work was enjoyable,rewarding when job was complete, especially when the customer the completed job.
Worked good management and workers. Usually worked alone.
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Cons
When economy goes bad work can be scarce.
Work is rewarding when the projects are completed.
Project Manager/Subcontractor/ Owner (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO16 December 2015
We get to job site, prep up the project. Then we stage material where it is needed, and station personel at areas of project and work until the project is completed to customer satisfaction.
Pros
Working for your-self
Cons
No Benefits.
Empresa de Franquias de Pintura em expansão no Brasil necessitando de forte auxílio em TI e PMO
Gerente Escritório de Projetos (Current Employee) –  São Paulo, SP20 July 2015
Aprimorei meus conhecimentos em liderança de projetos e sua implementação de um novo ERP.

Aprendi mais sobre o universo do mercado de Franquias e consolidando com meu conhecimento em TI.

A parte mais difícil foi lidar com a falta de conhecimento do grupo e falta de recursos.

O mais interessante e prazeiroso foi o contato com uma nova modalidade de negócio. Amizade do grupo interno e dos clientes franqueados.
Pros
Fácil acesso e troca de conhecimentos com os franqueados
Cons
Limitação orçamentária
Very productive and inviting enviroment.
Prep Painter (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CT28 April 2015
A typical day at work would have been going to work on time and helping preparing to head off to our work site. We would hard and get as much done as possible and if we finished our assignment early we would go get another objective to complete. During my time there I learned how to operate various tools and learned to take care in my work and make sure I finish everything just as asked before moving on to the next task. My coworkers were always friendly and helpful and glad to lend a hand if anything were to go wrong even though it almost never did. The most enjoyable part of this job was the work, I enjoy and take pride in the fact that I get a thrill from doing hard work and putting effort in to doing my job right.
Great People with Great Visions
General Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX20 February 2015
Nice newer facilities with pool table in break room and an overall great place to work. Upper management had great visions on where they where going with the company and supported all areas of the corporate office. From the call center folks to middle management, marketing department, a
To all the upper management. Everyone was treated the same with the up most respect.
Pros
Good people, room for advancement
Cons
Smaller Company so benefits weren't all that great
Challenging
Estimator/Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN28 December 2013
Enjoyed the position, chances for advancement..
Liked working with contractors..and customers
Perfect carreer
Operational Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA26 September 2013
I manage all aspects of the company.
I recruit and evaluate potential employees.
Schedule daily workloads for each employee.
Bids and cost estimates.
Invoicing.
Pros
excellent work environment and great customers
Cons
no retirement
Painting
Painter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ16 August 2013
It was a good expirence since I was new to tucson.
I paintined 8 hours a day and I enjoyed it cause I have always been painting most of my life. I started with my brother in our own company in petaluma, ca
Pros
Cons
Not enough pay
Great owners
Quality Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NC15 August 2013
I have enjoy working with Five Star Painting but unfortunately the work is not consistent enough for a full 40 hour week. I have enjoyed the customer interaction that this position has brought me, I have met some really nice clients. There is also no benefits associated with the position.
Pros
Good employer
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Star Painting. Our community is ready to answer.