Five Guys
Coronavirus update
Information from Five Guys:

Five Guys Employee Reviews

Canada291 reviews
My experience was good and bad. I learned a lot working there and got to be on the line on my first shift. There was even a lunch rush I was doing on my first few shifts. This was pretty strange considering I didn't even finish the videos yet. Anyway after working there for a while you become more of a team with your co workers and its a good environment if everyone does their part. But then there's management and my manager was pretty bad. He overworked everyone and underpayed people when overtime was due. And to top it off when he was fired he deleted the stores documents and leased a van in the companys name. Anyway its a good place to eat and work if the management is right.
Pros
Free food and drink
Cons
Long hours sometimes
As a student, a part time job at Five Guys would give you everything you need. Fast paced environment with lots of work to keep you occupied, even some performance bonuses. But corporate management is only concerned about two things, customer reviews and money. You can get the stupidest customer complaints and corporate will always blame the staff. Scheduling hours and staffing is kept so tight and tied into the previous month's sales, it doesn't give management the staff it needs to effectively run the shift. And don't even think about money for broken equipment.
Pros
Free meals, performance incentive program.
Cons
Horrible corporate management
To do work in five guys is very good. I got to know about many things like food quality,strict rule and regulation of steriotech, how to manage food cost, by doing work in five guys
Pros
Get to know how to manage food quality and food cost both at same time
Cons
Pay rate
excellent place to work.Good management, and I didn't find any hardest part of the job while working.The staff at the workplace are so friendly and helpful if the co-workers have any doubts.
The service level is very good and the main motive is to satisfy customers.
The management is good and there is cooperation between workers.

My overall experience is good.
Management needs to be for proactive when it comes to staff conflicts and employee complaints. Work is very hard and stressful. Very tough standard to follow, without providing enough staff. More work for staff.
They're constantly cutting your hours you're lucky if you get full time . They go through managers like crazy none of them stay. They treat the stuff horribly everyone is replaceable to them was

told by the area manager to do right up so if we want to get rid of them we don't have to pay severance

everyone re
Pros
Cons
Working there
Love working here the food is amazing and the staff are great. Its an easy going work environment even when things get busy everyone falls into place and gets there job done
all the person are cooperative end hardworking as well as they help each other in their working time as well as cooperate with each other in their working hours
Working there was amazing, they all treat you like one big family and I felt comfortable in the workplace at all times. Definitely a great place to work!
It was good as well as stressful experience for me working in five guys
We have to handle around 25-30 customers at one time. Because the location of store was near by the mall..thats why its very busy. But the problem is that its very far away from my house. So I need to leave this job.
the job itself is not too difficult even if it's a fastpaced restaurant. what makes it difficult ans stressful is that your time is too occupied and you can't even take a proper day off.
Worst management iv ever had a couple staff are okay. But the rest are all Filipino. Def race gap as they just get the ppl they don't like to do whatever they want for then n since they are managment you can't say anything back. Or you just get written off the schedule without warning
A very challenging experience, management is stressful although I learned how to be competitive and productive. Hardest part of the job is cleaning peanuts and prepping ingredients . Its a very busy Environment that requires a strong hard working employee and has the capable to move quickly even on a stressful situation.
First job type of work. Management ignored my concerns and messages. Other crew members made it apparent they already had their little “group” which I was not a part of. Constantly made me do the work they never wanted to do. Never trained me past dressing burgers then fired me for my availability as a student. Overall not worth it and a waste of time if you’re looking for a part time job as a teenager.
It is a good place to work. crew are friendly and aproachable, work is easy but, sometimes when it gets busy i found it a little bit pressure but its managable.
Travailler chez Five Guys n'est pas quelque chose que je recommanderait à quelqu'un d'anxieux.
I put my career and family's health on the line to take a chance with this company. Went above and beyond. End result for myself and several other managers was termination without cause, and a struggle to get severance pay to support my family. They went far beyond the lawful requirement for paying severance. They only care about their money at the end of the day and will terminate anyone who they can replace with cheaper labour, not caring about them or the family they are trying to support.This is bottom line, the worst company I have ever workedfor.
Even though the general vibe of working in these stores are good, you will be asked to cover shifts on your days off all the time, whether you are a red shirt or a shift leader. As a red shirt this is a great first job, but as a shift leader (they don't call you a manager there) you will be asked to do endless amounts of extra work including training, working all stations, paperwork, intense deep cleaning, being responsible for people on your shifts, cutting labor/food cost, and passing secret shops; all for only a dollar more than minimum wage. If they would give proper promotions to their loyal staff members then this would be a great place to work as you have self entitlement and face value with the customers. Mornings are super slow to the point the boss doesn't care and seems focused on other stuff and will sit in the back on the computer all day while nights are 3-4 times busier a lot of the time even though they have more shift leaders in the morning and only one at night. Morning prep starts at 8am and ends before 10am and the store doesn't open until 11am so if you like waking up early and sitting down off the clock for more than an hour a day then go for it. The store is constantly under staffed and unappreciated, you wont go far working here. This is a last second employment option to anyone.
Im a hard work and work monday to friday and if you need me work weekday too and work anytime too. Work long per and im friendly too and leaning some new
Fast paced at times, learn as you go, the bonuses were a free meal every shift, free drinks, only wore t shirts and jeans or black pants for work. the job works around your schedule (if your a student). Downside is if your on closing shift you have to clean everything, and mostly by hand especially the dishes when they should have a dishwasher
The risk of cuts and burns,