Fitness on the Go Employee Review

View all Fitness on the Go reviews

Financially Stable, Awesome Culture, Amazing Clients!
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 May 2019
I have working in the fitness industry for over 25 years. I started in a big box gym and let me tell you it was brutal. I worked long hours was paid very little and the atmosphere was high pressured sales. After a number of years of trying boutique studios and other gyms, I decided to go the independent route. I spent a ton on a website and business cards to market myself and quickly realized I was spending all of my time on business activities versus training clients. I was exhausted, defeated and broke. I applied for Fitness on the Go about 4 years ago but decided not to come onboard because I didn't want to invest any more money. I was already in debt and failing on my own. I wish I would have trusted their processes and joined back then. Instead I struggled on my own for another 2 years before deciding I needed their help.

About two years ago I decided to join fotg and it was the best decision I have EVER made for my career. I wish I would have been doing this all along. I am part of a team that cares about my success. My manager is focused on supporting me to reach my goals and she cares so much about my clients, their success and how I can best support them. It is awesome. I make fantastic money, choose my own hours and am even looking at purchasing a franchise. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FITNESS ON THE GO TO ANYONE WHO IS SERIOUS ABOUT HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN THE FITNESS INDUSTRY!!

If you are on the fence, just ask to speak with one of the current team members. I would gladly share my experience with anyone trying to decide if this is the right fit.
Pros
Supportive manager, create my own schedule, flexible hours and time off, amazing clients - working in home is so different then a gym!
Cons
Scary to make the leap. A bit slow in the beginning. Traffic can be a pain.

Other Fitness on the Go Employee Reviews

The Support I Needed!
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2019
I’ve worked for Fitness on the Go part-time for quite a while. I was always scared to take the leap from a steady bi-weekly pay cheque working as a receptionist. With some encouragement and reassurance I quit my unsatisfying desk job to pursue being a Personal Trainer full time and I couldn’t be any happier. Fitness on the Go gives you the tools you need to grow your business and they are always there to answer any questions. I get to create my own schedule, working as much or as little as I want. I have constant support with weekly meetings with my GM and monthly team meetings. If you are looking for a flexible and supportive company I’d highly recommend Fitness on the Go!
Pros
Flexible schedule, support from a mentor
Fun place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 March 2019
Receiving calls etc. A lot about fitness on the go. boss was great. In a closed off room with a bunch of fitness balls. Hardest part was keeping up with everyday tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fitness on the Go. Our community is ready to answer.

Fitness on the Go Reviews by Job Title