Fitness on the Go Employee Review

View all Fitness on the Go reviews

You make what you put into it
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
A typical day - Training a few hours a day, Driving a lot more hours of the day, hours marketing and find new inventive ways to get client leads.

What I learned - how to market myself in a specific way to certain clientele.

Management - AWESOME management team, always there to help and bounce ideas off of.

Hardest Part of the job - getting out there and meeting people and setting up connections.

The most enjoyable part of the job - helping make a change in the lives of the people you work with.
Official response from Fitness on the Go
21 June 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We would like to apologize for the delay in responding. We agree! The driving time can add up. Our top trainers recommend listening to a podcast or audio book to help pass the time productively. We are ecstatic that you found value in the Fitness on the Go model, and have cultivated a successful business doing what you love! Keep up the good work!

Other Fitness on the Go Employee Reviews

If you're serious about your fitness career this is a no brainer
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2019
Fitness on the Go gives you clients, does your billing and helps with your taxes. I gave them my availability and they booked my consults. I spend my time training clients. What more does an independent training want?
Pros
clients, freedom, great pay
Cons
early mornings, driving
Financially Stable, Awesome Culture, Amazing Clients!
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 May 2019
I have working in the fitness industry for over 25 years. I started in a big box gym and let me tell you it was brutal. I worked long hours was paid very little and the atmosphere was high pressured sales. After a number of years of trying boutique studios and other gyms, I decided to go the independent route. I spent a ton on a website and business cards to market myself and quickly realized I was spending all of my time on business activities versus training clients. I was exhausted, defeated and broke. I applied for Fitness on the Go about 4 years ago but decided not to come onboard because I didn't want to invest any more money. I was already in debt and failing on my own. I wish I would have trusted their processes and joined back then. Instead I struggled on my own for another 2 years before deciding I needed their help.

About two years ago I decided to join fotg and it was the best decision I have EVER made for my career. I wish I would have been doing this all along. I am part of a team that cares about my success. My manager is focused on supporting me to reach my goals and she cares so much about my clients, their success and how I can best support them. It is awesome. I make fantastic money, choose my own hours and am even looking at purchasing a franchise. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FITNESS ON THE GO TO ANYONE WHO IS SERIOUS ABOUT HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN THE FITNESS INDUSTRY!!

If you are on the fence, just ask to speak with one of the current team members. I would gladly share my experience with anyone trying to decide if this is the right fit.
Pros
Supportive manager, create my own schedule, flexible hours and time off, amazing clients - working in home is so different then a gym!
Cons
Scary to make the leap. A bit slow in the beginning. Traffic can be a pain.
Official response from Fitness on the Go
21 June 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We get it; it’s hard to stay motivated in any career when you aren’t seeing results from the effort you put in. We’re glad you finally took the leap and joined our team! Traffic in Vancouver can definitely be a pain, especially in rush hour. Did you know that our top trainers listen to podcasts and audiobooks when travelling? It helps pass the time AND you can learn something new to apply to your business! Talk about two birds with one stone.

Your dedication and resilience is a value which we admire and we are lucky to have you on our team. Congratulations on your well-deserved success!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fitness on the Go. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2