Fitness on the Go Employee Review

View all Fitness on the Go reviews

Not for me
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 January 2019
You pay a high monthly fee for them to market you and coach you. I was told by the hiring manager who had contacted me that they would show me a breakdown of exactly how that monthly fee is getting used to market and where the money is going. When I asked for the breakdown I was told NO. I received no breakdown and I received no coaching other then for the first 2 weeks.

It does not just stop there. I was lied to by the hiring manager more then once to get me to sign up. When I had confronted the team about this, I was ignored.
They do care about the trainers or the clients. There are many other times where I have dealt with their negligence. It felt like this is set up like a pyramid scheme.

I feel like in this industry you need to genuinely care about people. This was not the company for me.
Pros
Change people's lives
Cons
Unprofessional company
Official response from Fitness on the Go
21 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are disappointed to hear that our model did not work for you and that you feel we were dishonest in our approach. We recognize that the demands of working at a rapid-growth org like ours is high, and that we don’t always get things right along the way. Failure (and learning from that failure) is part of the journey, and trust that we're constantly growing based on experience. Your post has prompted further conversations within our executive team to ensure our commitment to putting clients and trainers first is genuinely felt at all levels of our organization. If you are comfortable, we would welcome a conversation with you directly to talk more. We hope you will give us a chance to change your mind.

Other Fitness on the Go Employee Reviews

If you're serious about your fitness career this is a no brainer
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2019
Fitness on the Go gives you clients, does your billing and helps with your taxes. I gave them my availability and they booked my consults. I spend my time training clients. What more does an independent training want?
Pros
clients, freedom, great pay
Cons
early mornings, driving
Financially Stable, Awesome Culture, Amazing Clients!
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 May 2019
I have working in the fitness industry for over 25 years. I started in a big box gym and let me tell you it was brutal. I worked long hours was paid very little and the atmosphere was high pressured sales. After a number of years of trying boutique studios and other gyms, I decided to go the independent route. I spent a ton on a website and business cards to market myself and quickly realized I was spending all of my time on business activities versus training clients. I was exhausted, defeated and broke. I applied for Fitness on the Go about 4 years ago but decided not to come onboard because I didn't want to invest any more money. I was already in debt and failing on my own. I wish I would have trusted their processes and joined back then. Instead I struggled on my own for another 2 years before deciding I needed their help.

About two years ago I decided to join fotg and it was the best decision I have EVER made for my career. I wish I would have been doing this all along. I am part of a team that cares about my success. My manager is focused on supporting me to reach my goals and she cares so much about my clients, their success and how I can best support them. It is awesome. I make fantastic money, choose my own hours and am even looking at purchasing a franchise. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FITNESS ON THE GO TO ANYONE WHO IS SERIOUS ABOUT HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN THE FITNESS INDUSTRY!!

If you are on the fence, just ask to speak with one of the current team members. I would gladly share my experience with anyone trying to decide if this is the right fit.
Pros
Supportive manager, create my own schedule, flexible hours and time off, amazing clients - working in home is so different then a gym!
Cons
Scary to make the leap. A bit slow in the beginning. Traffic can be a pain.
Official response from Fitness on the Go
21 June 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We get it; it’s hard to stay motivated in any career when you aren’t seeing results from the effort you put in. We’re glad you finally took the leap and joined our team! Traffic in Vancouver can definitely be a pain, especially in rush hour. Did you know that our top trainers listen to podcasts and audiobooks when travelling? It helps pass the time AND you can learn something new to apply to your business! Talk about two birds with one stone.

Your dedication and resilience is a value which we admire and we are lucky to have you on our team. Congratulations on your well-deserved success!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fitness on the Go. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2