Fitness on the Go Employee Review

View all Fitness on the Go reviews

super supportive coaching and culture!
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 January 2019
I started my pt career with fitness on the go. I thought i could do it on my own but quickly realized how difficult it was to be independent. Fitness on the Go is the ONLY reason I found success in this industry. My coach is awesome! She taught me strategies to become the fitness expert in my town. The culture is super supportive and they've never pushed me to sell. Now I have a full schedule, take a month off in the summer and 2 weeks at christmas. I'm even starting to mentor new trainers and hope to become a franchisee soon!
Pros
make my own schedule, tons of leads, great coach and team, love training clients in home, opportunities to grow my career!
Cons
if you don't put the work in, you wouldn't see results. They don't build your business for you.

Other Fitness on the Go Employee Reviews

Financially Stable, Awesome Culture, Amazing Clients!
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 May 2019
I have working in the fitness industry for over 25 years. I started in a big box gym and let me tell you it was brutal. I worked long hours was paid very little and the atmosphere was high pressured sales. After a number of years of trying boutique studios and other gyms, I decided to go the independent route. I spent a ton on a website and business cards to market myself and quickly realized I was spending all of my time on business activities versus training clients. I was exhausted, defeated and broke. I applied for Fitness on the Go about 4 years ago but decided not to come onboard because I didn't want to invest any more money. I was already in debt and failing on my own. I wish I would have trusted their processes and joined back then. Instead I struggled on my own for another 2 years before deciding I needed their help.

About two years ago I decided to join fotg and it was the best decision I have EVER made for my career. I wish I would have been doing this all along. I am part of a team that cares about my success. My manager is focused on supporting me to reach my goals and she cares so much about my clients, their success and how I can best support them. It is awesome. I make fantastic money, choose my own hours and am even looking at purchasing a franchise. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FITNESS ON THE GO TO ANYONE WHO IS SERIOUS ABOUT HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN THE FITNESS INDUSTRY!!

If you are on the fence, just ask to speak with one of the current team members. I would gladly share my experience with anyone trying to decide if this is the right fit.
Pros
Supportive manager, create my own schedule, flexible hours and time off, amazing clients - working in home is so different then a gym!
Cons
Scary to make the leap. A bit slow in the beginning. Traffic can be a pain.
The Support I Needed!
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2019
I’ve worked for Fitness on the Go part-time for quite a while. I was always scared to take the leap from a steady bi-weekly pay cheque working as a receptionist. With some encouragement and reassurance I quit my unsatisfying desk job to pursue being a Personal Trainer full time and I couldn’t be any happier. Fitness on the Go gives you the tools you need to grow your business and they are always there to answer any questions. I get to create my own schedule, working as much or as little as I want. I have constant support with weekly meetings with my GM and monthly team meetings. If you are looking for a flexible and supportive company I’d highly recommend Fitness on the Go!
Pros
Flexible schedule, support from a mentor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fitness on the Go. Our community is ready to answer.

Fitness on the Go Reviews by Job Title