Fitness on the Go Employee Reviews

The Support I Needed!
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2019
I’ve worked for Fitness on the Go part-time for quite a while. I was always scared to take the leap from a steady bi-weekly pay cheque working as a receptionist. With some encouragement and reassurance I quit my unsatisfying desk job to pursue being a Personal Trainer full time and I couldn’t be any happier. Fitness on the Go gives you the tools you need to grow your business and they are always there to answer any questions. I get to create my own schedule, working as much or as little as I want. I have constant support with weekly meetings with my GM and monthly team meetings. If you are looking for a flexible and supportive company I’d highly recommend Fitness on the Go!
Pros
Flexible schedule, support from a mentor
Fun place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 March 2019
Receiving calls etc. A lot about fitness on the go. boss was great. In a closed off room with a bunch of fitness balls. Hardest part was keeping up with everyday tasks
Great place to work!
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 March 2019
I am so grateful for finding Fitness on the Go. I was struggling to pay my bills and needing to go back to working in an office when I started. My gm understood my financial constraints and worked with me to quickly gain clients. They were so accommodating and encouraged me not to give up. Now I am doing it full time!
Pros
my own schedule - excellent coach - supportive environment - pay is fantastic
Cons
it is scary when you start!
Not for me
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 January 2019
You pay a high monthly fee for them to market you and coach you. I was told by the hiring manager who had contacted me that they would show me a breakdown of exactly how that monthly fee is getting used to market and where the money is going. When I asked for the breakdown I was told NO. I received no breakdown and I received no coaching other then for the first 2 weeks.

It does not just stop there. I was lied to by the hiring manager more then once to get me to sign up. When I had confronted the team about this, I was ignored.
They do care about the trainers or the clients. There are many other times where I have dealt with their negligence. It felt like this is set up like a pyramid scheme.

I feel like in this industry you need to genuinely care about people. This was not the company for me.
Pros
Change people's lives
Cons
Unprofessional company
super supportive coaching and culture!
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 January 2019
I started my pt career with fitness on the go. I thought i could do it on my own but quickly realized how difficult it was to be independent. Fitness on the Go is the ONLY reason I found success in this industry. My coach is awesome! She taught me strategies to become the fitness expert in my town. The culture is super supportive and they've never pushed me to sell. Now I have a full schedule, take a month off in the summer and 2 weeks at christmas. I'm even starting to mentor new trainers and hope to become a franchisee soon!
Pros
make my own schedule, tons of leads, great coach and team, love training clients in home, opportunities to grow my career!
Cons
if you don't put the work in, you wouldn't see results. They don't build your business for you.
they don't pay you or get you clients
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2018
In case you are planning to apply for a position here, you should know that you're applying to pay them to coach you to get your own clients, meaning that they won't give you any clients to train. You pay them 400$ per month, regardless of how successful/unsuccessful their coaching strategies are.

The fact that their job posting is misleading, and not mentioning that they are only there to coach you, and charge you for it, should tell you all you need to know about the company
The only way to succeed as an independent Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 February 2018
I struggled with my own personal training business for years and was about to leave the industry when I started with Fitness on the Go. My manager taught me so many things I hadn't ever thought of and within 6 months I was helping more clients reach their goals than in 5 years of trying by myself. I am SO grateful to be on the team!
Pros
Make my own schedule, great pay, supportive team and management
Cons
Driving
You make what you put into it
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
A typical day - Training a few hours a day, Driving a lot more hours of the day, hours marketing and find new inventive ways to get client leads.

What I learned - how to market myself in a specific way to certain clientele.

Management - AWESOME management team, always there to help and bounce ideas off of.

Hardest Part of the job - getting out there and meeting people and setting up connections.

The most enjoyable part of the job - helping make a change in the lives of the people you work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fitness on the Go. Our community is ready to answer.

Fitness on the Go Reviews by Job Title