Fitness Depot

Fitness Depot Employee Reviews

Good for people saving up for school/want a part time job during school. No opportunity for advancement, but relaxed environment (depending on who's working). Overall, in store life is good, stay far away from anyone higher in the company than the store manager. Toxic to work with quite a few of the people high up in the company.
Pros
Very flexible/understanding of outside commitments
Cons
No A/C and very heavy lifting hard work in the summers.
The boss is a slave driver. Does not have a care in the world for his employees. Worked there for 4 years never got a pay increase at all. Warehouse is way to small for the product that comes inbound. No one has a forklift license. There are illegal workers working there that are not Canadian. That's just the beginning. Do not apply here .
Great place to gain experiences in fitness-showroom settings, warehouse settings and is a great place to learn about different fitness and workout equipment's.
No work life balance, but great pay. There is very little job security, so if you have a couple of bad sales months you can count on being either demoted from management, or let go of all together. Worked with some great people, but no one stays long term due to ridiculous expectations from upper management. Very cult-like culture.
Fitness Depot is great place to work for those seeking to be active and interactive. The employees and management are great. The deals are great, and working there has taught a lot of life experiences.
Warehouse facilities are packed too tight to use efficiently. This causes great difficulties in preforming basic duties. Too cheep to get a landline so we had to use our cellphones in all communications without reimbursement. Used propane forklift indoors for years before we got an electric one. No one was certified to use the forklifts... Lots of physical labor for minimum wage. Glad I went back to school.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Canadian owned and operated, top of the class in the industry. Growth opportunities available with stores across Canada. Started in sales now in management, well compensated.
- good work atmosphere - sales training was provided and taught me various sales techniques - can be required to do heavy lifting, especially on shipment days -management is flexible with scheduling
Only store manager makes money from commissions,low pay, if you work as a sale associate you don't make any money from commission, and you don't work enough hours, that business could be very busy for couple hours and dead for days, they are doing well though, just you will not be doing well.
Pros
nothing
Cons
No job security
Boring job shared commission. low pay low grade products. i would reccomend as an entry level to sales, nothing more. just a good student job. that is fun sometimes
Fitness depot helped me to developed skills and knowledge in product presentation and sales tactics. I was taught how to manage customer relationships and work dynamically in groups and productively alone
Typical day includes building fitness equipment and stocking merchandise. Learned about how to deliver effective customer service and build fitness equipment. Very friendly and supportive workplace culture.
Pros
flexible hours, free lunches, friendly environment
Cons
Heavy lifting
- Can be very busy or not busy at all - Learned sales skills - Store managers are great. - Laid back - Job isn't that difficult - Most enjoyable part is getting a big sale
Pros
Get to workout when you aren't busy
Cons
Only managers make a livable wage.
I worked here as a sales associate for about 2 months. I wish I remained as an employee for longer, but I could not put up with my manager anymore. It is not entirely her fault I quit, but her attitude towards staff and some customers was intolerable and unprofessional.
Through the first several years working for 100% commission was financially rewarding and my working hours provided a flexible schedule. Incentives were amazing. All of these positive aspects of working for my previous employer changed over the past few years and declined due to the economy. I have since moved on to work at a more financially stable workplace but I'm open to new possibilities that will become a perfect fit for me.
Pros
Incentives from various suppliers
Cons
working for 100% commission
great company to work for, good training, great managers. good culture and business ethics. I worked there for 7 years.