Fish Tales Employee Reviews

Productive and hardworking workplace
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New Caney, TX14 January 2019
Fish Tales Catfish and Shrimp has a great, hard-working atmosphere. The management is incredible and helpful. I thoroughly enjoy working here. I also have tons of flexibility, which I enjoy.
Great small-town company with great management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TX2 January 2019
A fun mom-and-pop style restaurant with great owners. I learned how to manage people here, design schedules, cook, wait tables - all of it! Waiting tables is stressful sometimes, but I enjoyed managing the New Caney location very much.
Pros
Great owners and team
fun atmosphere to work in
Server (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TX2 January 2019
Fish Tales is a very high volume, fast paced, busy restaurant and has great food. Great dining experience to invite your family and friends. Also the customer service there is awesome!
Fun friendly workplace
Manager/Server (Current Employee) –  New Caney, TX28 November 2018
When I go in I set everything up to start the day. I learned how to do be a good server, do payroll, place truck orders, and open and close register. The hardest part of the job is when a customer is really upset trying your hardest to have them walk out satisfied and will come back. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking with the customers seeing a smile upon their faces and know that they were satisfied.
Pros
Taking tips home daily
Cons
No benefits
okay place to work
Doorman/Security (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, MD8 November 2018
management and co workers are enjoyable. pay is way too low, never want to let people advance or have a chance to work overtime and make more money due to low compensation
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
dont want to pay anyone
Fun workplace in a relaxing atmosphere
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, MD21 March 2018
I worked ar Fish Tales last summer. I am a J-1 student and I was with my best friend. We both worked at Fish Tales as kitchen helpers. From the beggining, we liked the job and more, the people we worked with. We made friends and we also had fun working.
Our job was easy, I worked in backline and I had to cut fruits, like lemons, oranges, grapefruit, watermelon, but also slice onion, cucumber, tomatoes. I really enjoyed doing this, because it was relaxing and a nice atmosphere, listening to music while we doing our job. My friend worked in frontline, and she made salads, shrimp salad, pizza and cooked sea fruits. We both loved this job and the time spend there.
Gezellge sfeer en veel vaste klanten!
Verkoopmedewerkster (Former Employee) –  Haarlem21 November 2017
1. Makkelijk om te leren.
2. Vriendelijke collegas.
3. Top kwaliteit producten.
4. Goede management.
5. Goede salaris.
6. Goede werkuren.
7. Het bedrijf ging faillet. :(
Pros
Gezellig, professioneel sfeer.
Cons
Scherpe vis en messen - moet voorzichtig zijn.
Fish Tales review
First Mate (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FL28 September 2017
Other than the early mornings it was an easy and relaxing job. Being out on the water with a small boat that takes only 6 people at a time. I learned mostly the wildlife and the laws that go with the wildlife.
plater
Plater (Former Employee) –  Norton, VA30 May 2017
desent job but play too much in the kichen coworkers wont stop playing games and tricks on you work is easy mostky just sat there but work is easy and fun
Fun place to work for the summer
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethany Beach, DE6 March 2017
This was a fun place to work for the summer. You get to interact with a lot of locals and tourists alike, the selection of clothes is wide and you get a great employee discount. The boss is also very nice.
standard waitressing job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TX 7735731 October 2016
overall a great place to work. owners are kind and welcoming. coworkers came and went quickly. hardest part of the job is busy times. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the locals and becoming friends with them
Great Place to work
7.5 million (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TX5 May 2015
I loved it !!!!!!!!!! It was a great place to work at on the beach. I would like to say that The AGM is amazing and does a great job holding the place together.
Fun workplace with great coworkers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Atascocita, TX10 February 2015
My typical day at work included greeting guests, seating guests, and maintaining cleanliness. I learned how to communicate and work well with others. I got along very well with my coworkers and became friends with nearly all of them. I would say the hardest part of the job was calming down angry guests. Although it is a difficult task for many to accomplish, I seemed to handle situations very well. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I had with my coworkers. Everybody got along with each other and there were rarely any problems between coworkers.
Pros
Half price meals, great staff, and fun environment
Cons
low pay
a kitchen that thrives perfection at a fast paced skill level
2nd year Apprentice Chef (probational trial) (Former Employee) –  Sawtell, NSW16 November 2014
Never a moment without obtaining preparation of some sort, with what always seemed like there were ever enough time to completely accomplish.
But the more each duty were performed, the easier and quicker it became to complete.
Busy.. well that is one word to describe. Service periods were nearly always hectic and overwhelming at times, which most definitely required a calming persistence in order to maintain quality of products and control over the Fryers section. One docket after the next, in hope of every customer's satisfaction.
The main cool room was situated underneath the Hotel, so daily exercise was not an issue.

There was only one main duty within this job description I had issues with personally, was the cutting and bashing the few kilo, on a daily basis, chicken breasts.
However, I can now say that I am quite confident in butterflying and bashing out chicken schnitzels!
After my time under the professional guidance and culinary groomed Head Chef, I now find myself more comfortable in cooking fried foods to its product perfection. Also I have more of an understanding of conducting out daily preparation lists with much more ease.
Assistant Manager/ Cook (Former Employee) –  3203 Fort McAllister Rd Richmond Hill,GA 3132612 November 2014
Good place to work, Fun environment, management needs improvement.
Fun, Clean, Safe, Wonderful work environment!
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TX20 October 2014
A typical day at work could be stressful but we always made it fun.
Our team was incredible. We all worked together to deliver the very best service we could.
I learned so much while working at Fish Tales.
I learned teamwork, management skills, life lessons, & how to enjoy a day at work.
My co-workers we're the absolute best! I still talk to many of them today! I miss our team!
The hardest part of our job was the work-pace. It could become overbearing and hard to keep up with at times but at closing time after a long shift we were all there to help with side-work and get things done!
The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships! I had so many people I cared about when I left it made it hard to go. From my customers to my co-workers & managers, I built incredible relationships!
Doorstaff
Doorman (Current Employee) –  Ocean City, MD4 March 2014
For the amount of responsibilities that the doorstaff are required to handle, from cleaning up projected human waste to protecting the alcohol license of a multi-million dollar establishment, they are under appreciated. They help bus tables, they take out the trash, they help servers, bartenders, barbacks, managers, kitchen staff, marina employees, customers and anybody who asks. They get all the dirty jobs like cleaning up bodily fluids and handling disgusting trash. They also set up for all events (usually by themselves). They're the first ones at the bar and the last ones to leave. They also happen to be the first and last people that the customers see when they come and go (and that is stressed heavily at staff meetings). So there is A LOT of responsibility for little compensation (monetary and benefits). With all this responsibility, there is backlash. The doorstaff are the scapegoats of the establishment, anything that goes wrong is most likely going to lead back to us (they hear it a lot from servers and managers alike even though it is none of our responsibility). Co-workers are like in any other workplace, there are those that work work work, there are those that look like they're working, there are those that brow nose their way around, and there are those that take advantage of them, demand they perform tasks not described in their jobs duties, and complain when we don't do them correctly. Despite all the negatives, bs that they need to take, and little love we get for doing everything we do, it is a fun job (usually) in a great business and a fantastic environment.  more... The management is very present, but approachable.  less
Pros
great marina discounts
Cons
poor food discounts, little compensation or recognition
Fun place to work
Bartender and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TX7 November 2012
This is a good company to work for, and one I wish to grow with. But at present, they are unable to give me the hours I need, and I feel stretched thin as I have multiple job descriptions in order to fill the gaps.
Pros
good company
Cons
inability to guaruntee hours
Great place to work.
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, VA29 August 2012
Open restaraunt by 4pm six days a week and close by 10pm.Prepare food cook to order. Sweep mop floors throughtout the day. Change deep fryer grease daily. put away stock twice a week.
Pros
very flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fish Tales. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4