Fish Shop Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
good place to work
Spud Boy (Former Employee) –  Leeds24 November 2016
A typical day at work was to carry and prepare the potatoes and fish to take in to the restaurant. I have learnt valuable life skills which were how to clean up properly and how to make batter,the management were very nice and loyal. The hardest part of the job were hosing the yard down in the freezing cold.The most enjoyable thing about the job was just to unload the potatoes.
Pros
free dinners
Cons
not as good as i thought
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Havant28 March 2016
I have learned new skills in this environment as it's to do with cooking, I have learned how to fry as well as normal cooking and baking that i have done.

The management is very poor in this job as we are only a fish shop it's just the 2 of us and the boss hardly ever helps out only when he feels like he wants to.

co-workers, I was working along with 2 other co-workers until they left for reasons and they were amazing helping out whenever they had the chance to.

the hardest part in the job is when bonfire night came along and we had to rush our hardest serving the customers.
nice work place
fryer n sales person (Current Employee) –  Durham, ENG14 February 2015
My day at work is busy.I serve customers and sometimes fry food.When no people are in shop I clean as I go to keep it tidy. I work with other staff and get on well with them. The hardext part of the job is pulling barrels of potatoes.The enjoyable part is having conversations with people.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
working weekends
I learn what i know now about working in the kitchen
Prep/Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  hermosa beach20 September 2014
was a great pleasure working here but I went from working 6 days a week to working 3 days out of the week and with lots of responsibilities 3 days wasn't enough.
Pros
meal a day
Cons
10min
Good place to start work
Shop assisstant (Former Employee) –  moston25 February 2013
Get to work clean up help out customers. learned how to provide good customer service and till skills. good management and co workers. hardest part was travel as it was straight after school. getting to meet new people.