Fish Creek Excavating Employee Reviews

Employees are only numbers. Supervisors toss you under the bus!!!
Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2019
Supervisors don’t hold accountability when they knew they where at the wrong. They pass it to the workers. Don’t matter if your there 20 years or 6 months. Avoid the stress in your life. Hours are never steady.
Pros
Cons
Your first on the hit list.
Management was good
SHOP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2018
Good place to work , but hard to make progress or improvements with limited maintenance budget. poor economy did not help.
overall VP was good to deal with , other managers were not.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
tight running budget
great place to work with quality people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2018
Great place to work. There is the opportunity to advance if you are willing to put in the effort. Finally getting some of the bad apples out of here and the culture has changed exponentially. The people I work with are some of the best in the business.
Pros
reasonable hours and reasonable pay
Cons
some long days and weeks when it gets really busy
extreamly stressfull atmousphere for the honest employee to suceed
Senior Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta12 January 2018
Good intentions by upper end management quickly gives way to their lack of experience and commitment to employee and customer satisfaction. Over the past 6 years, employees who have cared about and put the company first, even quite often ahead of their own family life. Have been run off, laid off or out-rite fired for unjust reasons. This all done to bring friends or subservient inexperienced employees on board. I am not a past disgruntled employee, only one who was in a position to recognize the dishonesty and speak up. One only needs to look at the volume of quality clients, who no longer do business with this company to realize upper management have no intention or the capabilities to turn it around. If you want entry level ability to garner experience with out job security, then this is a good place to start. After you are let go, I would strongly suggest you do not include your time here within your resume while you are looking for more rewarding employment opportunities.
Pros
Do what you want when you want without accounability
Cons
sooner than later the client and company require a fall guy and you will be IT!!
Avoid at all costs
Former operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
This company tells you what you want to hear and does the total opposite , horrible management and way way too much backstabbing and throwing ya under the bus mentality
Cons
Worse place ever to work
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2017
They don't care about you at all..... supervisors will throw you under the bus in a heart beat! Knowledge of the supervisor are horrible and a lot of guessing on their part! And everyone is on drugs.....from operator's at upper management and nothing is ever said, a dangerous place to work!
Pros
Not working there
Cons
Drugs everywhere
Productive and very busy at times, which makes days go very quickly.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2016
Its a good day when we have a full crew and were all busy from the beginning to the end of the shift(excavators and loaders loading trucks and feeding a crusher.) Throughout the years, the company has had let me use various types of equipment and have seen many people come and go which made me adapt to all walks of life.The hardest part of the job would be organizing 35-40 trucks looking for various materials and getting them scaled in and scaled out as quickly and efficiently possible. Perfect or near perfect loads are very enjoyable as we don't have to top up.
Productive and serious workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2016
Great place to work if you are quite serious about your job. If you are a quiet "nose in book" type person, this is the job for you. If you are looking for job security, look elsewhere. If you are looking to move up within the company for positions, look elsewhere. The management team are very close, and this is what will make or break the job place for you. If you are a tough person, you may survive the management team. If you are sensitive, I highly recommend finding a job elsewhere. The management team can be brutal as I have witnessed it myself. Hardest part about his job is keeping it as I have seen far more people leave this job (quit or let go) than I have even seen hires.
Good Company
Shop Service Personnel (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2016
Good Company.
Liked working there.
Hardest part of the job was some co-workers goofed around to much.
Good management.
Learned time management.
Discovered my City and surrounding area.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long days - hourly
They will teach you if you want to learn
Gravel Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2016
A great company to work for. Very nice office/ upper management staff. If you want to learn something, just ask, family oriented,
great room for advancement
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2015
was employed for 4 months, was able to make a name for myself and be in a lead hand role. got to operate various equipment and learned alot.
good company with oppertunity
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2013
12h days, 12days on 2 days off.
Learnd to opperate skid steers, excavators, loaders, cushers, etc. Management was knowlegeable. Co-worker worked as a team. The long hours and time away from my family made it difficult. But the work was great.
Pros
learning to opperate different equipment
Cons
being away so much