FirstService Residential

Canada13 reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,610 reviews
propertysitebuildingsecurityresidentrecommendteamservice

Work Place

Having worked with the stress of losing it every day with no union support. No organized and no support from management team. No actual job description.

The worst.

Will tell you they have another site for you to work at and will never call you back again. Why cant you just fire people? Beware of them they are sneaky.

Insights into FirstService Residential

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Highly dependent on worksite supervisor and area manager.

If you have a good manager it’s a great workplace. Sometimes the manager is unqualified and doesn’t know what they’re doing, and then you suffer. It also depends on your building residents, to a lesser degree.

Pros

Paid lunch

Cons

Inconsistent management

– 15 September 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and will review it with Management. We wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Nice place to work

FSR is my first company that I had started working with. I always feel secure while working in this company. I learn a lot of skills during work and my training manager and supervisor always help me. I never had any kind of stress on my mind while working with FSR, because everyone is helpful and coperative.

Wouldn't recommend if you have other options.

Schedulers like with any security company out there can give you a hard time for no good reason, but if you can find a place you enjoy working in, and are willing to learn the ropes of that particular site, you might have a chance at working as a front desk concierge for a while. The company tells you that your uniform is paid back to you after you finish paying it off with each incoming pay-day, but the truth is that they don't tell you about how much they deduct from your actual return bonus after the uniform is paid. You're basically working several shifts for free to pay off the uniform in the grand scheme of things. The home office is too far away from Toronto, so if you're working in the GTA that's a big issue and you have to pretty much dedicate an entire day to going there and back all the way.

Worse company ever

This company has no idea how to manage people or a company business. They have these high end sites and put untrained people to run it. No communication within . I can tell you this company knows nothing about security.

I really like workimg in this company

As a concierge appointed at a residential building,it is an amazing company to work for. They offer flexible hours and work with your schedule. I would recommend this company to anyone that is wanting to do security

does not pay on time and terrible at communicating

worked there for more than 2 years as security. Terrible at communication. had a issue with pay, was not resolved even until the day of my resignation..had to ask when and no one in management simply cared! horrible management and treat employees like garbage. thats why they have started to loose contracts. would not recommend anyone to work here.

Pros

Ha!

Not the Best

Everything seems okay when you first start like any other company however as time passes by you will realize how unorganized this company is and how they really don't care about you as a staff

Pros

none theres better companies

Cons

alot

Like all the others

I was not impressed with the way field support or the company trained property managers speak to and treat guards. First Service trains property managers in house via an online program. Once trained they can only work for first service. Many are poorly trained and lack basic customer service skills. There is a reason the prooerty managers course offered us not recognised outside of the company. I found the environment to be toxic unfriendly and unreliable. Upper managment does not care about abuse or harassment. Complain and YOU will be moved.

Pros

easy hire

Cons

same as all the others. low pay. unreliable sites and hours.

Fun

Learned a lot from the experience. Only left because i gto bullied by a co-worker who I could not lay hand on because it's unlawful. When reported to the area superisor he didn't do anything.

Poor management, disorganised and lack of professionalism

Working at First Service Residential has not been a good experience. Most Members of management do a abysmal job of managing their staff and an even worse job at paying their staff. Almost every pay since starting here me or one of my co workers are payed wrong. They don't pay their employees for all the hours they have worked throughout the week and show no sense of urgency in correcting this issue when its brought up.

Security Guard

As a security guard I was responsible for Access Control, interior/exterior patrol also monitor access to units. Working as a security guard for first service is a great experience, learning the ropes of a well known company. First Service is a fast pace environment with the benefits of learning and growing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement