FirstService Residential

Canada19 reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,610 reviews
propertysitebuildingsecurityresidentrecommendteamservice

Decent

Decent company. work load depends on the site. Some sites in downtown are too busy but mostly away from DT are far more relaxed and good. The management doesn't care too much about you and don't expect a raise .

I worked with great people. I learned from them.

I saw so many beautiful condominiums. They located in different part of city. I enjoy to see different environment. I love Toronto. Hardest part of job when happened Fire alarm.

Pros

Birthday together!

Cons

Very difficult work during long hours in busy place. Exhausted!

Insights into FirstService Residential

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

was good

Highly reputable company to work for and all of the people I worked withthey were so easy going.. The Culture was good and we got lots of training !

Great Place To Work

I have been with the company for about 2 years and I love working for FSR. This job challenges me and gives me flexible time. There are a lot of opportunities to advance.

– 7 June 2020
Our front desk / concierge team is truly the face of our Company to our residents and communities Thank you for this review, and also for being a champion of our values at the desk each day.

workplace

fun place to work, great crew, good management good place to get experience, hours could be tricky sometimes but overall good experience. some sites were cool as well

excellenet

relaxed environment ,no peer pressure, get pay biweekly, short travel site. sure jobs, paid training, good benefits, sick paid. Mostly site in Toronto region. More are condominium.

Avoid at all cost

This job is for those desperately in need of one, ready to sell your soul to the devil. Management is of poor quality and disregards efforts made by employees. Majors mistakes in paychecks, intentionally done in order to cut you some money. Best advice, don't waste your energy for a company that doesn't value any efforts and sacrifices made for them. AVOID ALL COST.

Not a Forward Thinking Company

It is an extremely poorly organized company. With no concept of how to treat customers and employees, it is no wonder that I left this company as soon as I experienced its sop.

Good staff. Bad payroll system

The payroll system they use is very bad. When a discrepancy in pay occurs, you have to fight for the hours which is very stressful. The fact that the entire staff is part of the same company is extremely helpful in terms of getting stuff done.

Challenging yet wonderful to work

A wonderful palce to work at with new challenging roles fom time to time, the best part would be the management and team support that will encorage you to do better.

Worst security company ever

I started working for them when I was in school and I was told I will get shifts which will at least amount to 20 hours a week but I worked for 3 months only with this company and I only worked 8 hours in all these months. The property management team is rude, not helpful at all and whenever I used to call them for shifts they will always say we will send an email soon but that email never came, "we gave the shift to someone else", they will call me am hour before my shift and tell that "the shift is cancelled because of so and so reason"

Cons

No hours, rude property management

Crabs crawling on each other, in a dirty pool, to get to the top.

They talk a lot about being customer service oriented as opposed to other militaristic security companies. But, when it comes to action, they are a bunch of crabs crawling on each other to get to the top. Unless you are a yes man, who likes to work in a snake pit, forget about this company.

Pros

Non.

Cons

Too many to mention.

Giving feedback is one of the most important parts of a manager's job. Good employees need and want to know how they're doing, and effective managers work hard to master the art and process of conducting difficult conversations and offering meaningful praise.

Cons

First Service is not a good company to be working for. Poor management, poor compensation and very bad benefits plan.

Company does not hire the right people especially in highly demanding posts. Sometimes they just hire anyone plus they do not provide proper training. Compensation is very low and benefits plan is one of the worst plans ever if not actually the worst.

good environment, terrible management leaders.

Working with the residents face to face and being the direct font line associate to handle all their needs was a pleasure, however the management of this company wasn't that good at handling or treating the staff there with fairness and in return is losing a lot of contracts with other condominiums for this type of regular practice. The job is a good job when working with other grit desk associate and serving the residents however the displeasures lied solely in the way the management would treat each of the staff with very harassing practices.

Responsible

I was responsible for the maintainence of the facility, Maintain Records of Members,Visitors, Report of malfuntions of Water Drainage,Fire,Lifts

Good management

good place to work without pressures. Need to work more on providing minimum requirements as water and time for breaks.

Pros

supervisors, friendly collegues

Cons

timings and long hours

buildings under heavy construction leading to very poor and unsafe working conditions

i would not recommend working at this company. they do not attempt to assist employees with work conditions issues, and when you inform them of serious violations or infractions leading to safety issues, you are removed from the site and not given any hours for at least one month..

Not a company that I would recommend for anyone to work in

FSR is a very laid back environment where employees are given tons of hours if they want to but not guaranteed pay for the hours that they put in. The company needs to work on making sure that their employees are happy and taken care of. They lack on training and organization, and decipline.

Pros

It's so laid back that you feel like it's free money in your pocket

Cons

They don't pay their employees on time, training is horrible, the company is not organized and they don't seem to care about their people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement