FirstService Residential

Canada17 reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,610 reviews
propertysitebuildingsecurityresidentrecommendteamservice

My Time With First Service Resedential

I worked for First Service Resedential for two years Staff and property management are great and make you feel at home. First Service is a great starting point. Highly recommend to anyone starting this field as a cleaner. This company will help you prepare to further you career.

Pros

room for advancement

Cons

Terrible Pay

Dirty job with little gratitutude and less communication

The work is pretty easy as all you're doing is mopping, taking out the garbage, vacuuming and wiping things down but it is very dirty and you feel gross afterwards. There also isn't a lot gratitude shown by anyone and you'll often have to handle the tenants problems since the front desk people come there hours after you do. There's also very little communication from the higher up on how your doing, any problems you might have or things you should be doing differently until it's too late. The pay also isn't worth just how sweaty and gross you feel afterwards.

Pros

Work is relatively easy

Cons

Little to no communication on job performance

Insights into FirstService Residential

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Lack Communication & A lot of Racism

I Highly Do Not Recommend Working Here, The Whole Company Is Mixed Up, The People Who Works Are The Bad People But The People Who Dont Do Nothing Get A Pat On The Back EVERYTIME!

stressful

it was a tough task at hand due to my circumstances at the time, the management was hard to work with and the hours were not steady or flexible to my situation

productive

I've enjoyed working for First Service because i personally like cleaning so its not a herd job for me and also have a really good schedule 7:00 til 3:00 which is perfect for people with other part time jobs or school courses

productive

A typical day of work is very busy but management is nice workplace culture is good I learned to work fast just leave because was a temporary job I recommend this company to work

Not the best place to work

I now have a foot/ leg injury largely because of having to pull heavy equipment without proper safety practices. People usually don't last long. There's no incentive to do a great job, especially as a low level cleaner.

cleaner

to clean place and keep it clean they well show you and you have to wich and learned how to do it there no hardest part about the job at all and and work as team i be real here and say some place i be at they dont no how to work as team

Great co-workers and friendly residents

Everyday I go by a schedule given to us of daily procedures and tasks. I have learned here it is important to stay positive. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with complaints. My most enjoyable part of the job is making residents smile and working as a team with my colleagues.

Its challenging place to work.

The management were good- especially the manager. He really took time to talkd to us especially our concern. The superrentendent and supervisors were not good ineffecient, they abused the cleaners by asking them to do their job.

Pros

They have free course for all

Cons

-friendly bosses -friendly staff -good hours -easy going job that you can work at own pace -always have something to do never wandering around lost -always jobs

Heavy Duty Cleaner

In all my previous jobs I learned positive things that contributed to my personal and work growth. One of them is to respect other people and accept them as they are, to know that each one has a habit and a personal history that has led her to be in that place. I learned that I can change a negative attitude to a positive one in situations where the client needs support and help. By giving my best I can help people to fulfill their wishes in an expected way.

Pros

excellent benefits

good company

i think that is a good company, good staff, good supervisors, good reputation. i like because it has benefits and the schedules are good for me. i had a good experience.

benefits

Cons

salary

Its an okay company to work for

Considering its barely above minimum wage like $1 more for being responsible for cleaning and entire condo the pay needs to be more. They are very considerate of distance to work so they always try to find a place close to your home. Pay just needs to be more reasonable.

Pros

scheduling is very understanding and are always willing to put you in condos close to your home.

Must have great work ethic!

Very scheduled and strict day-to-day work. Learned practical present day cleaning techniques. Fun and enjoyable co-workers and employers.

Pros

Benefits (medical; prescription, dental, other)

Productive and Appreciated work enviroment

Since I work for a condominium building I go through a Productive and Appreciated work environment from the employers and residents. Its great a experience in the superintendent field. I am able to maintain the cleanliness of the building while also learning small handy man tasks like fixing a vacuum or screwing out power jacks. Also Communication is big because your able to see and talk to residence.

Pros

Daytime shift 8-4

Cons

Working on Weekends

Cleaner

First Service Residential is the company that hired me to be a cleaner at Signature Triumph Condo in Schomberg, Ontario. For the decent size of the Condo, the job is good. My duties are to clean all the common areas in the Condo daily. Common areas include, the gym, change rooms, public washrooms, party room, lounges, library, elevators and lobbies. Also I do clean the residential suite doors and frames.

Pros

meeting once a week with employees

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement