FirstService Residential

Toronto, ON64 reviews

Found 64 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,610 reviews
propertysitebuildingsecurityresidentrecommendteamservice

Decent

Decent company. work load depends on the site. Some sites in downtown are too busy but mostly away from DT are far more relaxed and good. The management doesn't care too much about you and don't expect a raise .

The worst.

Will tell you they have another site for you to work at and will never call you back again. Why cant you just fire people? Beware of them they are sneaky.

Insights into FirstService Residential

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

I worked with great people. I learned from them.

I saw so many beautiful condominiums. They located in different part of city. I enjoy to see different environment. I love Toronto. Hardest part of job when happened Fire alarm.

Pros

Birthday together!

Cons

Very difficult work during long hours in busy place. Exhausted!

just like any other security company.

just like any other security company. well structured admin and managers are responsive. very difficult to get a raise, even if you do manage to get a raise it wont be more than $0.30.

Pros

lax work environment

Cons

minimum wages.

stressful

The problem is not the company, the problem here is the people who manage the buildings, in the building where I am I was working under stress for months caused by a colleague and they did not act quickly, they removed the aggressive colleague until I saw myself affected and because of the stress my work performance began to drop and I began to miss work for the same reason, that is why I gave the company those qualifications.

Pros

Cons

Stressful

Dirty job with little gratitutude and less communication

The work is pretty easy as all you're doing is mopping, taking out the garbage, vacuuming and wiping things down but it is very dirty and you feel gross afterwards. There also isn't a lot gratitude shown by anyone and you'll often have to handle the tenants problems since the front desk people come there hours after you do. There's also very little communication from the higher up on how your doing, any problems you might have or things you should be doing differently until it's too late. The pay also isn't worth just how sweaty and gross you feel afterwards.

Pros

Work is relatively easy

Cons

Little to no communication on job performance

Lack Communication & A lot of Racism

I Highly Do Not Recommend Working Here, The Whole Company Is Mixed Up, The People Who Works Are The Bad People But The People Who Dont Do Nothing Get A Pat On The Back EVERYTIME!

Nice place to work

FSR is my first company that I had started working with. I always feel secure while working in this company. I learn a lot of skills during work and my training manager and supervisor always help me. I never had any kind of stress on my mind while working with FSR, because everyone is helpful and coperative.

Great place to learn

I Learned a lot about the industry through great managers. Now that I am a manager myself I am putting into practice a lot of the things that I learned there so I would say as a first job it is a great place to start but as you desire to to become independent it is best to seek work elsewhere

productive

I've enjoyed working for First Service because i personally like cleaning so its not a herd job for me and also have a really good schedule 7:00 til 3:00 which is perfect for people with other part time jobs or school courses

AMAZING work experience

Opportunity employer with great values and culture. I did not leave here for any reason other than I needed to be based in Toronto more for my daughter as a single mom.

workplace

fun place to work, great crew, good management good place to get experience, hours could be tricky sometimes but overall good experience. some sites were cool as well

productive

A typical day of work is very busy but management is nice workplace culture is good I learned to work fast just leave because was a temporary job I recommend this company to work

Poor

They have a management team that tries to intimidate you and they are constantly making you feel like you are incompetent and actually insult you. If you get injured you can lose your position. If you go on vacation they get mad and getting a raise is impossible.

Very productive work space

Felt very supportive since day one. Blessed to have 2 professional people assisting in the office in daily operations.A very supportive management team (Regional Director) and the accounting team as well. A very team work vibe. The hardest part was the period for the 1st and 2nd year warranties as the building were newly build. However on the other hand it was very helpful as experience.

Avoid at all cost

This job is for those desperately in need of one, ready to sell your soul to the devil. Management is of poor quality and disregards efforts made by employees. Majors mistakes in paychecks, intentionally done in order to cut you some money. Best advice, don't waste your energy for a company that doesn't value any efforts and sacrifices made for them. AVOID ALL COST.

Excellent work ethics

Excellent work and life balance. Limited opportunity for growth Management is considerate of employee's issues and listens to genuine problems and tries to resolve them in a timely fashion.

Wouldn't recommend if you have other options.

Schedulers like with any security company out there can give you a hard time for no good reason, but if you can find a place you enjoy working in, and are willing to learn the ropes of that particular site, you might have a chance at working as a front desk concierge for a while. The company tells you that your uniform is paid back to you after you finish paying it off with each incoming pay-day, but the truth is that they don't tell you about how much they deduct from your actual return bonus after the uniform is paid. You're basically working several shifts for free to pay off the uniform in the grand scheme of things. The home office is too far away from Toronto, so if you're working in the GTA that's a big issue and you have to pretty much dedicate an entire day to going there and back all the way.

Great diverse team that worked together to ensure all duties were complete

I worked a great group of people that varied from security, cleaners management and building workers. The company treated all of us equally and the pay was decent at the time. They were also flexible and understanding when needed to be. The buildings that the company worked for were beautiful and clean.

Mismanagement

No secure for job, Mismanagement. I do not recommend to anyone working in this company. I worked for 9 months for the company without any good feedback. the company has many problems. but some good managers are worrking in this company.

Worse company ever

This company has no idea how to manage people or a company business. They have these high end sites and put untrained people to run it. No communication within . I can tell you this company knows nothing about security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement