FirstService Residential

FirstService Residential Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB21 reviews

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,610 reviews
propertysitebuildingsecurityresidentrecommendteamservice

Great relationships with the other employees of all departments

Can be a high stress environment, but team building is highly valued at this company. That being said, there's a lot of behind the scenes conflict too

Pros

Lots of room to make mistakes, grow from them, and gain experience

Cons

Your position may not be as secure as you think it is, The training is not as thorough as it could be, and often times you are thrown to the sharks

Good people to work with

Nice people. Great culture. Benefit package is averagePay rate can be increasedWork life balance A lot of company activities Vacation days + flex days

Insights into FirstService Residential

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Poor leadership

This place is ripe with unprofessional and inexperience leadership which starts right at the top , you are basically just a number at this company its only about the bottom line.

Pros

Flexible Work Hours

Cons

Severely Overworked

Too much stress and over worked

The workload is way to much, there is no work life balance. The management team just keeps adding more work, and does not want to hire more people. The only good thing about working at the Calgary office some of the people.

Mixed Bag

Close knit team, but division amongst other departments. Not hiring based on skill, more friends of friends. Also revolving door on the lower end positions which makes everything frustrating. Condo Managers get the brunt of everyone else's mistakes.

Pros

Seem to push a team culture hard, with lots of group meetings in the morning. Very ok with you making mistakes, but the mistakes can take a toll on yourself.

Cons

Very stressful, properties that are handed over to you can be in flames with tons of outstanding issues, If you are new to the industry it is sink or swim, and takes about 5 years to be competent and ready for everything.

Great Team

Some companies talk about collaborative working and their core values but this company really does care about them and they practise them weekly. Adopt their core values and youl be fine. Great team. Great company.

Pros

Great team great benefits

Cons

Can't think of any

Too many bosses, seemed like I was always stepping on someones toes.

There were two members of the condo board that wanted me gone, probably because I was hired by First Service, and they didn’t think they needed me. They finally removed me with NO explanation other than “We want to move in a new direction”. I believed I was doing a great job and my firering was very hurtful and caused me significant emotional pain.

Pros

Lots of problem solving, very challenging, I love that.

Cons

Working for a Condo Board, in my opinion, is a risky endeavour, I don’t recommend it!!!

Busy, professional room to grow

Management was absent, inter office communication wasn't exactly great...The admin pool was an amazing group, its property management and I think everyone was stretched a bit thin.Generally it was promised to be amazing and if it lived up to the hype it would have been amazing...it didn't live yp to the hype though HR really tried.

Pros

Great office.

Cons

Management was terrible, trainning was disorganized, stability was rare.

Negtive and no appreciation to employees

Really bad experience : Managers treat employees like slaves as full of negtive comments and no appreciation to employees, always add new tasks without careful thinking. No good reviewing work on emloyees doing, no purpose to really improve employees instead finding excuses to lay off employees. Employees are underpay and afraid of laying off often.

Highly stressful work environment.

My position dealt directly with 13 different Boards of residential condominium corporations. Regularly, work days could last 10-12 hours. Excellent team of fellow employees.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FirstService Residential?

It was good

It was a good company. Big company. They will make sure that you’re being taken care of. And the benefits and salary is standard. Not a bad company to work at.

Overall one of the best companies I have worked for

Good culture, good people with a few exceptions but every work place has those. The wages aren't bad, a little lower than industry standards. Benefits are acceptable.

Pros

Good team, plenty of team building events and days, good leaders.

Cons

Lower wages than you would expect

Impersonal

Did not enjoy working for this company. It was very impersonal and robotic. In the short time I was employed at this company I experienced bullying and disrespect. Do not recommend.

Watch out...

The work load at times could be overwhelming, it was the constant bullying and favoritism that made this environment intolerable. The last time I rated FirstSevice spoke out about the injustices to the owners, myself and my team, I was terminated. The only good thing is some of the people are so good inside and out.

Cons

low pay, no leadership

Do not recommend

As an employee, we have a heavy workload with really low salary. Almost every single month, they will terminate employee's contract without any notice.

Employees are mostly friendly

The software that they are using in Accounting in my opinion is not reliable. Hard to be a permanent employee, workplace culture is very friendly. High volume and no control in Accounting. Everybody in AP can print cheques. There's always meeting but I noticed it don't resolve any task.

Friendly yet very professional atmosphere

we have a nice team work in our company we are helping each other for our goal i have learned a lot of experience even though Im a new employee

Very High Turnover

The days were always busy My Co-Workers were very pleasant and helpful I learnt a great deal about working in a residential property management company to always keep a good record of your interactions via email. The hardest part was keeping up with the Workload for one of the largest portfolios in the company probably about 50+ emails a day that you had 24 hrs to reply back to even if you could not get an answer for them right away. I love working with the general puplic and I liked to help as many as I could (Customer Service)

Nice workplace.

A workplace wherein an employee will have a great learning experience. Co-workers are easy to work with and the working atmosphere is really great.

Great Manager to work for

I worked as concierge ,I enjoyed meeting the owners and residents. I provided an enjoyable work place for ownwers and other employees.

Excellent place to work in with lots of fun people and manager.

Highly busy organization. Lots of thing to learn. Good management and employees. A home away from home.

Pros

monthly potlucks

Cons

full day of work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement