FirstService Residential

FirstService Residential Employee Reviews

Found 119 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,371 reviews

Great place to work for

An excellent place to work. Managers really care for employees and always putting their goodwill before other things. Handsome pay for just a starting position. Great job sites. Comfortable work environment.

Pros

great pay, comfortable job environment, etc.

Cons

busy work hours.

15 September 2021
Thank you for reviewing our company. It is great to hear about your positive experience with Managers, wages and the work environment and your feedback is appreciated.

Professionalism at its best

The most important thing about this company is they are top notch professionals.A proper chain of command is followed throughout the company.Managers are very understanding and are always available to help whenever required.

Dirty job with little gratitutude and less communication

The work is pretty easy as all you're doing is mopping, taking out the garbage, vacuuming and wiping things down but it is very dirty and you feel gross afterwards. There also isn't a lot gratitude shown by anyone and you'll often have to handle the tenants problems since the front desk people come there hours after you do. There's also very little communication from the higher up on how your doing, any problems you might have or things you should be doing differently until it's too late. The pay also isn't worth just how sweaty and gross you feel afterwards.

Pros

Work is relatively easy

Cons

Little to no communication on job performance

Terrible

Provided little training.no support ..basically throw you to the wolves.They are a bad as Hollyburn properties.no overtime ,crape benefits..There only concern is the bottom line ..It only takes half a day to completely clean a. small building ..garbage etc.. Then what ..wait a light bulb to burn out??

15 September 2021
We are sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience with us. We have been focusing on improving Building Manager training and agree that this is an important part of being successful in the role. Thank you for the opportunity to learn from your feedback.

Great workplace!

I have been working with FS Residential for about 6 months now and want to say that it is a great company to work for. The management is super helpful and they want you to grow and learn new things all the time. Work day is usually busy but the team is very supportive and you can reach out to you fellow colleagues for advice as well. I would definitely recommend working with FS Residential!

Pros

Good pay, set schedule, benefits, great people to work with

15 September 2021
Thanks for such a great review! People are at the heart of everything we do, and we're thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your work and the team.

was good

Highly reputable company to work for and all of the people I worked withthey were so easy going.. The Culture was good and we got lots of training !

Good for a while

There is scope to improve customer service experience. Lots of challenges available to deal with, some of the residents behave really nice, some are arrogant. There is chance of slow growth.

Pros

Christmas time lots of gifts

Cons

Have to deal with drug addicts at the parkade, deal with bike thefts, lots of residents continuously make noise or smoke and would like to shut the door on your face.

15 September 2021
Thanks for your review. The Concierge role does include high interaction with residents and it sounds like we could have provided more individual training and support to help you. Thanks for the feedback and the opportunity to learn from this.

Is a good place for working

I worked for 8 years with any problems with the managersI had all supplies and equipmentI had parking on site safeThe building is in very good conditions for working

Pros

Good company

Cons

The resident manager of the building

Productive and high-paced environment

Currently working remotely requires a high level of self-discipline and time management skills. Typical days are 12-14 hours including virtual evening Strata Council meetings. A high number of emails are received every day from Strata Council members, site staff including Building Managers and caretakers, Owners, residents, trades and contractors and FirstService Residential associates in the Administration, Accounting, Accounts Receivable and Payable and Insurance departments. All Strata Managers are part of a Team with a Regional Director as Lead. Management is very supportive providing ongoing education seminars and encouraging additional training on FirstService University. The hardest part of the job is knowing that the job is never completely done. The most enjoyable part of the job is managing the portfolio independently but within the Best Practices of FirstService Residential.

15 September 2021
Thanks for this thorough review of life as a Strata Manager at FirstService Residential. The work is certainly fast-paced and varied and we're pleased to hear what's enjoyable, and appreciate the feedback on areas of opportunity for future focus.

Too many bosses, seemed like I was always stepping on someones toes.

There were two members of the condo board that wanted me gone, probably because I was hired by First Service, and they didn’t think they needed me. They finally removed me with NO explanation other than “We want to move in a new direction”. I believed I was doing a great job and my firering was very hurtful and caused me significant emotional pain.

Pros

Lots of problem solving, very challenging, I love that.

Cons

Working for a Condo Board, in my opinion, is a risky endeavour, I don’t recommend it!!!

My Time With First Service Resedential

I worked for First Service Resedential for two years Staff and property management are great and make you feel at home. First Service is a great starting point. Highly recommend to anyone starting this field as a cleaner. This company will help you prepare to further you career.

Pros

room for advancement

Cons

Terrible Pay

Working teamwork are friendly Professionalism and export

The Company have many location across Vancouver and manage by a professional and full commentary system, The connections between managers and employee is very effected and friendly, The most important the relation with tenant and vendors are fair and good

15 September 2021
Thank you for reviewing FirstService Residential. We certainly appreciate hearing about the supportive and collaborative teams, and great relationships with vendors. Thanks again.

Busy, professional room to grow

Management was absent, inter office communication wasn't exactly great...The admin pool was an amazing group, its property management and I think everyone was stretched a bit thin.Generally it was promised to be amazing and if it lived up to the hype it would have been amazing...it didn't live yp to the hype though HR really tried.

Pros

Great office.

Cons

Management was terrible, trainning was disorganized, stability was rare.

Highly dependent on worksite supervisor and area manager.

If you have a good manager it’s a great workplace. Sometimes the manager is unqualified and doesn’t know what they’re doing, and then you suffer. It also depends on your building residents, to a lesser degree.

Pros

Paid lunch

Cons

Inconsistent management

15 September 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and will review it with Management. We wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Lack Communication & A lot of Racism

I Highly Do Not Recommend Working Here, The Whole Company Is Mixed Up, The People Who Works Are The Bad People But The People Who Dont Do Nothing Get A Pat On The Back EVERYTIME!

Negtive and no appreciation to employees

Really bad experience : Managers treat employees like slaves as full of negtive comments and no appreciation to employees, always add new tasks without careful thinking. No good reviewing work on emloyees doing, no purpose to really improve employees instead finding excuses to lay off employees. Employees are underpay and afraid of laying off often.

Great job for Students

Your experience depends on what community manager you work under. Most are great but the hourly pay varies wildly and unfairly. Daytime workers make more than evening workers despite a heavier workload in the evening (evening shifts have the same duties as the daytime ones in addition to also having to clean thoroughly).

stressful

it was a tough task at hand due to my circumstances at the time, the management was hard to work with and the hours were not steady or flexible to my situation

Nice place to work

FSR is my first company that I had started working with. I always feel secure while working in this company. I learn a lot of skills during work and my training manager and supervisor always help me. I never had any kind of stress on my mind while working with FSR, because everyone is helpful and coperative.

Great place to learn

I Learned a lot about the industry through great managers. Now that I am a manager myself I am putting into practice a lot of the things that I learned there so I would say as a first job it is a great place to start but as you desire to to become independent it is best to seek work elsewhere

Low salary

Good work environment Very supportive office Learning opportunities No suitable shift No benefit CCTV camera To much questions answered People complaint any time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement